Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #55
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
So shiny! Where are my sun glasses?
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:45 AM   #56
Jfoofoo

Drives: 07 Yaris HB Meteorite Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07WYarisRS
Zaino

it's not a wax but well worth every penny.
by far the best stuff I have used.
Does it last for at least 3 month on the car and can protect against all the nasty stuff on the road in the winter?
Jfoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #57
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
Yeah
go back to page 3 and look at my truck
The pic was taken in the middle if March, lots os snow, sand and salt on the road and my 7 year old dialy driver with 170,000k looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

If you find something better then that I'm very interested !
Old 11-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #58
Jfoofoo

Drives: 07 Yaris HB Meteorite Metallic
So which Zaino products did you get?
I am looking at the basic
ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
Jfoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:10 AM   #59
Billstein
Whew Who..

Drives: 2 Yaris Hatchs and Tacoma
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfoofoo
So which Zaino products did you get?
I am looking at the basic
ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
I did Z-6 its a new car i didn't think it needed a polish yet.
"HIS"2007 Yaris Hatch MedSilverMetallicPower PQ Package 17" Wheels Spoiler TRD ExhTipStiletto100 Radio Armrest 50% tint windshild 35% front windows 5% rear Aluminum TRD Shift Knob Keyless Entry VIP Alarm TRD Cold Air Intake
Billstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:41 AM   #60
keesue
Chillin' out by the Bay

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I just ICE'd mine and I gotta say this is good stuff. I could feel a lil draggin' when applying it so I know it needed it. The car was built less than 2 months ago! Now it is smooth as a baby's bottom. I have used alot of different products but this is by far the easiest to use and it produces a clean clear look. Just like putting baby oil on a baby.

Update: Morning - a thin even layer of morning dew - the sign of a slick surface. Whe it dried, on the top i saw a few water spots. I used the ICE spray to tidy-up. Sprayed it on and good to go. I'm sticking with this stuff and staying on top of my game.

Last edited by keesue; 11-25-2006 at 07:35 PM.
keesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:44 PM   #61
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
Billstein,thats averys nice shine.GOOD JOB.
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #62
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
With the upcoming snow that we are expecting I decided to get some wax on my 2 day old Polar white HB. I broke out the mothers sealer/glaze and carnuba.

After a thorough wash with Meguires gold class I noticed that I got the "special" paint job. I found that the front bumper had all sorts of metallic contaminants that made their way into the clear coat, and began to create millions of tiny rust spots. Thank God I had a chuck of clay bar left. It took me 2 hours to get all the crap out of the clear coat. I gave it another quick wash and applied the glaze and wax. I sure am glad I did because it is going to rail all day today.

I am hoping we get at least one warm day in the middle of winter so I can get another coat of wax on it.

Detailing a white car does nothing for the ego. No matter how well you polish it, it will never have the stunning effect of a darker color.

It does make finding contaminants easy though.

Here she is in all her polished glory.

acrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:29 PM   #63
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
exactly, the only difference I really can see after waxing is at night while driving.

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #64
that one guy.

Drives: silver 07 effin yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkalush
exactly, the only difference I really can see after waxing is at night while driving.

i agree. i waxed mine yesterday and i really didnt notice until it was dark and my car looked like glass it was amazing.
blue lit hvac

coming soon:
c one front strut-on the 30th w00t
tien s tech springs
16 in ssr comps
short ram intake

and hopefully brand new Greddy cat back exaust.
that one guy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:51 AM   #65
jonr0613

Drives: Yaris Y Sedan
i tried turtlewax hardshell finish...and it was really nice with my yaris....people would envy you to see how shiny your yaris is....and because of that someone keyed my yaris from the passenger side all the way to the side of the trunk how i wish i saw that while he was doing it so that i could slice the face of that idiot....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1753.JPG (98.3 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1752.JPG (86.1 KB, 248 views)
jonr0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:39 PM   #66
YarisMax

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Waxin' the Yaris

I've found that Oznium.com carrys a line of great yet affordable waxes and sealants. I use them on my Yaris!!
YarisMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:55 AM   #67
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
I just Ice'd my car and it was so much easier than than using normal wax and it didn't take as long. I would definitely recommend using this. It has a high price tag when it comes to wax but it is sooooo worth it.
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:06 AM   #68
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrbill View Post

Detailing a white car does nothing for the ego. No matter how well you polish it, it will never have the stunning effect of a darker color.

i also agree that polishing a white vehicle pays dividends at night. after a fresh coat of meguiars sealant or a quickie job with quik detailer and quik wax, our sienna looks like its dripping wet at night. then the day comes and it blends with the 5 other white minivans on our block (ours still looks better in the day, but at night it can literally embarass some beamers and benzes rollin down the street).

--B
Old 12-16-2006, 10:19 AM   #69
keesue
Chillin' out by the Bay

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I use ICE too. There is so much controversy about how long it lasts and how well it protects after washing. It is so easy to use one can use it more to make up for that and one doesn't have to use that much either. The results are so satisfying on my meteorite color - clean and clear. I actually used a paste wax to compare. The ease of use outweighs any slight difference. ICE is good stuff.
keesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:54 AM   #70
speedracer
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris 4dr sedan
answers about clear coat.

First of all let me start by saying that I have over 25 years of experience in the automotive refinishing biz. The clear coat on your car is actually a clear paint just as durable if not more then the actual color paint under it. When a dealer offers you a clear coat protection they are actually selling you a wax job. $500 to $995 for a wax job! The interior protection is often just a can of scothguard sprayed on. Save your money and skip these add-ons. The exterior protection coverage on these extras often run the same as the factory waranty. Your main rust prevention on the new cars is a zinc coating placed on the bare metal under the paint. You can have your car profesionally buffed with out any worries of the clear coat coming off. I emphasize professionally. In the wrong hands a buffer can act just like a sander and remove the clear and the color paint especially on the edges of the panels. (Even if you use Foam Pads.) The Best thing you can do to protect your finish is wax your car. The type of wax is a personal preference. I have found the best protection is usually a paste such as turtle wax type. It provides a thicker film of protection against the elements then a simple spray on wax. Wax should be applied according to manufacturers suggestions. Also you should wax your car as soon as you get it. The paint will have been totally cured and all fumes released from the paint by the time it gets to the dealers lot and waxing it right away will add the extra protection to help keep it looking new
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:23 AM   #71
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko View Post
My dealer said wax (they suggested Turtle), twice a year. I listened to their advice, but wax can be a pain.
Lol, Turtle Wax is probably the worst brand of product out there. If you have to buy OTC products, at least go Meg's. For the enthusiast out there, read up and become a member at autopia.org and learn from the best. Below are my fav brands.

Poor Boys
Pinnacle
Wolfgang
Collinite
Optimum
Four Stars
Blackfire
Klasse

From one person or another you're bound to here 2 brands I didn't list above....Zaino and Zymol.

I've never used Zymol but from what I've read, their top quality stuff works, but is matched/beaten in looks/durability by other brands for less money. Zaino, on the other hand, I used to swear by, until I looked into other products for less money that work as good or better. Problem with synthetic polishes like Zaino is that they are more "shiny" than deep looking like a quality wax. Sure they last longer than a wax, but I detail my car more than twice a year. If you plan on only doing a full detail twice a year, use Klasse AIO/SG combo. Better than Zaino, and price competitive.
Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #72
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
I Tried that cheap Eagle1 NANOWAX at Walmart... well its crappy!

even if you use a microfiber cloth and after 10 coats its still not shiny on my friends absolutely white 07 Corolla S,
Also I felt this sticky feeling on it and and my microfiber cloth does not glide smooth... HOW COME?

Im going to try that Turtle WAX ice on my Yaris when I get it.

BUT YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE IT....
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote