Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Looking For A Yaris To Purchase In The North Bay (Cali)?

I was on my way to drop off some documents at my insurance company, and I was passing by my local Toyota dealership (where I bought mine), and I noticed that they had one Yaris left on the lot. So if you're looking for one, and are having a hard time finding one, take a look at Toyota Vallejo (Northern Cali). It's a 2010 Blazing Blue 3-door LB, auto, with a TRD drop in air filter, sport knob and pedals, exhaust tip, power package, floor mats, factory spoiler, and rear bumper protector. It also has Bluetooth. Well, I stopped by and asked about it. It's $16,280. Here are the pics:

Sorry for the picture quality. I only had my camera phone on me. You can ask for anyone at that dealership. They're very helpful.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
$16,280

no wonder it's still on the lot

that's corolla/xD money right there. $5000 from a Genesis Coupe 2.0T
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
$16,280

no wonder it's still on the lot

that's corolla/xD money right there. $5000 from a Genesis Coupe 2.0T
All the optional equipment really increased the price. But you'll never know, there might be someone out there who really wants a Yaris bad. Just trying to help people find one.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
you're doing a good job
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
$16K for all those add-ons huh? Not to be a killjoy or anything, but it sounds like a typical dealer rip to me. IMO they would get a better deal if they dropped it to $14K and ditch all the added "sportiness" like the TRD filter, sport knob and pedals, exhaust tip, and factory spoiler. I just hope the buyer has a sharp eye for that and brings it up.

And besides, with the $2K the buyer saves he could load it up with endless mods from MI with plenty of change to spare, or add it to the down payment for a lower monthly

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by k r a y z e e . j o j o View Post
$16K for all those add-ons huh? Not to be a killjoy or anything, but it sounds like a typical dealer rip to me. IMO they would get a better deal if they dropped it to $14K and ditch all the added "sportiness" like the TRD filter, sport knob and pedals, exhaust tip, and factory spoiler. I just hope the buyer has a sharp eye for that and brings it up.

And besides, with the $2K the buyer saves he could load it up with endless mods from MI with plenty of change to spare, or add it to the down payment for a lower monthly
hahaha, I asked what is the best price they can give since I thought $16k was a bit high, but I don't think they will budge. As for me, I'd lose the knob, pedals, exhaust tip, and spoiler. I wouldn't need the Bluetooth option either as I already own a Bluetooth headset. I think this car is more for someone who does not want to accessorize after purchasing a car. That's not me . My Yaris came with nothing, and I added everything you see now.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
Kaotic Lazagna

They did say they should be getting more in a week or two, which will include some base LB's and base sedans. Those would probably sell faster since it's more wallet friendly.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
I paid $15,3xx for my fully loaded sedan ... that is a lot for a hatch, even with the 'upgrades'. It's a beautiful car though! I love that color.
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:00 PM   #9
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
I dig the sports pedals myself and I can smell the new car smell from here (sigh)
The other posters are right about the price, though.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:04 AM   #10
Kaotic Lazagna

lol, not denying the fact that the asking price is a bit high. I think the saleman saw the shock on my face when I saw the price.