Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2009, 02:58 AM   #1
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
I finally got "The Look"

I never completely understood why forum members sometimes ask "do people give you a strange look when you drive up in your Yaris" .... until today.

Yarii LB are very popular in my neighborhood, and in San Francisco, and nobody pays attention to them anymore.

If anything I get "oh, cute car" or "what kind of gas mileage to you get" comments.

But tonight I drove up to Marin County (a wealthy county north of San Francisco) to attend an event, and when I got there, the parking attendants definetly gave me ... "The Look"

Most of the other cars in the parking lot were in the $30 /$35K range, and here I show up in my little Yaris... the parking attendants looked at me as if I were driving a lawn mower.

I'll admit that for a minute I felt a little self-conscious. I'm so proud of my little car that I tend to completely forget that people who are used to luxurious cars look down on econoboxes.

Snobs.

Has anybody else ever gotten "The Look" ?

Last edited by tomato; 10-25-2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typos
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote