Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-07-2007, 06:50 AM   #1
chrisada_to2a

Drives: 5 Doors Hatch
TRD rear sway bar

First of all sorry for this noobs question. However, for some reason I couldn't find this item in any of the vendor. That being said, where can I order the TRD rear sway bar? (need to be ship international)

Thanks and please be nice with me
chrisada_to2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:19 AM   #2
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Try trdspark....not sure if they do it internationally..check it out..
google them..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:20 AM   #3
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
haha echo u copy cat!

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:37 AM   #4
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
Any body know how many mm the TRD rear sway bar is, hell.. how big is the front too? lol
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #5
chrisada_to2a

is there anyother place that have the rear sway bar? TRDsparks want $200 for the shipping, that more than sway bar itself.

thanks a bunch
Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #6
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisada_to2a View Post
is there anyother place that have the rear sway bar? TRDsparks want $200 for the shipping, that more than sway bar itself.

thanks a bunch
Where are you located???

maybe one of us can make the purchase and send it to you at a better rate.I can get one delivered to my door for $155.43
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
chrisada_to2a

well, Bangkok Thailand. so the total cost if i ever order from TRDsparks is 300+ for the sway bar .. damn, that is expensive
Old 05-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Have you tried calling arto? they are the official TRD distributor here:

02 362 5120-2

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
chrisada_to2a

i will try tomorrow but i am sure that they don't have one in stock, since they don't even put them on the one make race yaris
Old 05-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #10
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
hmmm that's true...

You could also ask autocar, they're a bit expensive but they can get pretty much everything:

0-27202900

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #11
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
someone here has a TRD rear swaybar... they lived in Cal I believe.... use that magical search feature, i'm sure you find it....

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #12
chrisada_to2a

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkalush View Post
someone here has a TRD rear swaybar... they lived in Cal I believe.... use that magical search feature, i'm sure you find it....
i did and i couldn't find anyone
Old 05-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #13
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkalush View Post
I believe he's looking for people selling them, not owners of them, i have a trd sway bar sitting in my garage awaiting install...
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:40 AM   #14
Sleeper
Look slow, go fast

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback 5 spd
I was considering the rear swaybar for my Yaris... can anyone here report on it's effectiveness? I am used to driving a powerful truck, oversteer is my friend, and I find the Yaris' handling in emergency or track situations abysmal. I hate the fact that it doesn't go where I want it to when I turn really hard because of understeer and body roll. I want to get rid of that understeer as best I can for as few $$$ (<300$ Ideally). I know my stuff when it comes to building up fast cars, but FWD subcompacts are a (mini)beast I've never approached.
1995 Chevrolet k1500 extended cab
Blown 396 smallblock 797hp @6500RPM
looks stock, but burns riced-out imports daily.
Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:58 AM   #15
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
I believe he's looking for people selling them, not owners of them, i have a trd sway bar sitting in my garage awaiting install...
that is true... so where did you buy yours?

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:50 AM   #16
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
I was considering the rear swaybar for my Yaris... can anyone here report on it's effectiveness? I am used to driving a powerful truck, oversteer is my friend, and I find the Yaris' handling in emergency or track situations abysmal. I hate the fact that it doesn't go where I want it to when I turn really hard because of understeer and body roll. I want to get rid of that understeer as best I can for as few $$$ (<300$ Ideally). I know my stuff when it comes to building up fast cars, but FWD subcompacts are a (mini)beast I've never approached.
I got the TRD rear anti-sway bar at my local Toyota dealership for like $140. Took about 5 minutes to install.

The body roll has been significantly reduced. The car doesn't seem to understeer or oversteer as much as it used to. If it does, then I chalk it up to my sh*tty tires that I have on right now.

Keep in mind though, that I also have the TRD Springs, TRD Shocks/Struts, and the Tanabe Front Strut Tower Bar. All have helped keep the car level and predictable when cornering.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:56 AM   #17
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Ok, I'm curious... I have heard pros and cons (beneficial, not beneficial) about the rear sway bar for the yaris so I'm not sure if I should put it on my car or not. I heard the same things about a strut tower bar as well, but I have noticed the difference there on both my cars. My suspension is stock (for now, plan on going TRD springs and shocks/struts) and the only two "handling" mods currently are the tanabe strut tower bar and ultralight 17" wheels. My focus is as close to go-kart handling as I can get. Really I don't want the car to handle worse, just better. Would the rear sway bar help? I'm not going with coilovers... Thanks!
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #18
chrisada_to2a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
hmmm that's true...

You could also ask autocar, they're a bit expensive but they can get pretty much everything:

0-27202900
well, i had a bad experiance with autocar in the past and swear to myself not to set my feet there again.

so i guess my next best choice is autobacs .. wonder if i get them to understand what i want (last time i asked to e'spec light weight crank pully and they get me an engine cleaner .. hmmmm)