Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2008, 01:19 AM   #13
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m4s View Post
i've heard that seddan 08 has 2 cats and there are 2 air sensors after each cat, when you do that mod above what r u gonna do with the sensors? it will not give u CE light?
i'm asking cuz i wanna do a mod almost like this
Sedan = Liftback. The only difference is the axleback section. In the sedan is a little longer.

Both models come with 2 cat converters. First one just after the exhaust manifold and the other one a few inches after.
The car has 2 sensors on the exhaust the first one and the most important is in the header. You can not mess with that one. Then there is a second sensor right after the first cat. The function of that one is monitoring the functionality of the Primary (first) cat. That one can be easily tricked if you plan to go catless. There is no sensors after the second cat. Therefore you can remove that one if you want and your car won't even notice it.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote