Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
My review of the nitto torque dampner

So after isntalling my NST crank pulley. I noticed my car seems to jerk more between the gears especially when taking off and the car is cold in fast idle. Looking under the hood we dont have a front motor mount. So our motors do flex more than usual.

After installing the nitto torque dampner i did notice some vibration noise at idle but it seems depending on the rpm. It kinda comes and goes more and less so if the a/c is off or on. But in the car you can barely feel the vibration. Upon normal driving the transmission shift is undetectible. its like driving in a new bmw. Even on high rpm shifts what i could only describe as a "shift jerk" seems to be atlest 50 percent better if not more. YOu still cant really feel when the transmission goes into the next gear.

On higher rpm though the some may consider it a pro or a con you can hear the engine more. Its almost like someone put in a V8 under the hood. My car only has a intake and no exhaust but it sounds like i do have a exhaust. At first i didnt like it but after driving it for a few weeks i rather like it =).

Its funny when someone cuts me off and i floor it driving past them they get scared wondering what this loud angry car is and they look over and its just a little ole yaris.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:04 AM   #2
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Nice write up
i am yet to get one but it is on the ever growing to do list
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:09 AM   #3
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
i love mine
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
YarisSedan

Only thing i would change about it is the ends to adjust it are kinda hard to turn. Since you cant use any tool cept your fingers. If its not 100 percent tight it works its way loose after awile.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
ur sedan is a auto or manual?
Aothachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Only thing i would change about it is the ends to adjust it are kinda hard to turn.
agreed - those ends should be made to fit a wrench. I've used a vice grips on mine.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
YarisSedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
agreed - those ends should be made to fit a wrench. I've used a vice grips on mine.
Thats what i thought about doing but i didnt watn to scratch it up. So ended up just getting blisters on my finger tryign to tighten them =( I think maybe ill try to take some slip join pliers and put a rag over it and see if i can get it tighter that way.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:12 AM   #8
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Perhaps you should put some light duty thread locker (Loctite, Permatex, etc.) on the threads so it doesn't back out from the constant vibration.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #9
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NZYaris1 View Post
Nice write up
i am yet to get one but it is on the ever growing to do list
+1

So many cool things to buy, so little money.
@Garm: When will you start accepting human organs as valid forms of payment?

Last edited by tk-421; 08-28-2009 at 11:51 AM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Interesting write-up......i always wondered if it would do anything on our NA Yaris's. Thought it would only be more useful for those with S/C'ers or Turbo's. Haha.

Are there any other options out there apart from the Nitto?

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #11
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
i wonder how this would be on an Manual. So it makes your car louder somehow?

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote