Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Meet Day for Storage Facility in Marin
Friday, August 28th (late afternoon/early evening) 2 20.00%
Saturday August 29th (afternoons mainly) 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2009, 03:07 AM   #127
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
that works ^^^
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:47 AM   #128
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Last years meet pics were taken with an old 5MP Kodak point and shoot. My D40 is 6.1MP I believe. That's really all you need. In fact, you can probably go smaller since we resize our pics to be smaller anyway. 12MP is for pics that you want turned into big posters or something.

As for composition, I would like the sun to be behind the photographer and in front of the cars. I was also thinking of doing a half circle picture with the owners possibly posing in front of their cars. And if it's possible, a full circle with the picture taken from above. Also, if that's possible to take pics from above, a fun shot would be to take some blue painters tape, and have each Yaris (depending if there will be 10) have a letter from YarisWorld on it's roof.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:50 AM   #129
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Also, if that's possible to take pics from above, a fun shot would be to take some blue painters tape, and have each Yaris (depending if there will be 10) have a letter from YarisWorld on it's roof.
You need to be at the meet for these awesome creative photography ideas
Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #130
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!

Drives: '09 3DR "S"|'87 Caddy Brougham
Send a message via MSN to computerlove87
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Maybe I should show up early and keep you company? I never did put on that 2d coat of wax on my car actually, like I meant to last week, cause it takes so damn long by hand.

Do you by any chance have one of these cordless tools you can use to polish the car in 15 minutes?
Unfortunately, no awesome polish thing, just plain hand sponge.

Please ignore the Ferrari
computerlove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #131
advocate

Drives: car
For the people who are going to be there early: would I be able to drop in early and get help disassembling my right door panel? I've been getting this nasty rattle since a couple months after they took the door apart to get my speakers installed.
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #132
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Last years meet pics were taken with an old 5MP Kodak point and shoot. My D40 is 6.1MP I believe. That's really all you need. In fact, you can probably go smaller since we resize our pics to be smaller anyway. 12MP is for pics that you want turned into big posters or something.

As for composition, I would like the sun to be behind the photographer and in front of the cars. I was also thinking of doing a half circle picture with the owners possibly posing in front of their cars. And if it's possible, a full circle with the picture taken from above. Also, if that's possible to take pics from above, a fun shot would be to take some blue painters tape, and have each Yaris (depending if there will be 10) have a letter from YarisWorld on it's roof.

You're right about the sun and you're right about 12 MP. I *** NEVER*** use that setting, except on rare occasions when I know I'm gonna have to crop the picture a lot and I'm pretty far from the subject.

Now, I don't know if I can photograph all the Yarii from above, though, I'm not that tall. I could make up some sheets to put on our plaques "Y" "A" "R" "I" "S" W" "O" "R" "L" D" you know, or just "YarisWorld" in fact, I think I'll make some tonight and bring them to the meet.

As to having the owners stand in front of their cars, personally, I'd rather keep it informal, just the cars. Whoever wants their picture taken for the forum, fine by me, but if others want to stay under the radar and not have their picture posted online, I respect that, no problem.

So if people just want to drop in and talk to Garm or whatever, just come, don't worry about pictures, I mean it! Just come and hang out !

UPDATE: I don't have the right font to do a huge "Y" "A" ... etc. but I can do a "YarisWorld" sheet of paper about the size of a California plaque.

Does anyone have graphic design stuff on their computers? I don't have much software here.

Last edited by tomato; 08-28-2009 at 01:23 PM.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #133
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerlove87 View Post
Unfortunately, no awesome polish thing, just plain hand sponge.
Do you know if there is a shady spot or if the whole area is exposed to the sun? I might put on a coat of wax if there is a shady spot available. I didn't have time to put on the second coat of wax last week, so now I need to wash the car again and do it. ACtually can't wait to see what it'll look like with 2 coats of Meguiars NXT
Old 08-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #134
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
That's a great idea about using yarisworld on our plates. Be great if each owner could get a letter perfect number of us like you stated. Anyone got a really really big sharpie?

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #135
advocate

Really really big sharpie? Maybe we should just print out a letter on a piece of paper, put one letter on each car, then take a picture.

Also, is anyone going to have a half-decent jack there? going to try and order some lowering springs and have garm bring em up to the meet. All I got is the factory yaris one which definitely has room for improvement
Old 08-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #136
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
That's a great idea about using yarisworld on our plates. Be great if each owner could get a letter perfect number of us like you stated. Anyone got a really really big sharpie?
OK, I just made about 30 "YarisWorld" signs, printed on 8 1.2 x 11" so people can attach them to their plates.

I'm bringing a couple of sharpies, too, in case you guys want to write stuff like your yarisworld name or something underneath, but they're not really big, just the regular kind you use on moving boxes.

Does anybody have any scotchtape? I think I"ve used up most of mine.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #137
tomato
Super Moderator

I can't print a big letter, I don't have the software to do that. Maybe we can draw them. Anyone feeling artistic? ;) I won't have the time to do that tonight, sorry.

Shall we make a list of what we need to bring (besides the Yaris;)

- sharpies and "Yarisworld plaque" signs (Tomato)
- tape (?)
- camera (Tomato, Advocate, maybe Kaotic)
- jack ( )
_

If it's really hot, I might stop at Costco on the way and get us some little water bottles or something like that.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #138
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!

1. I Am bringing a jack but no stands. I decided Im gonna have the springs installed, or maybe do it another time when I can borrow a spring compressor from autozone.

2. There is no roof access or any way to really get a pic from above.

3. I have duct tape (in metoerite metallic )

4. If u want to wax ur car, you should probably get there before 10am, otherwise there is no shade until like 6pm. we might be able to use a vacant unit for shade, but no guarantees, we only had 2 units available as of this morning, and we might have already rented them by now.

5. I have never disassembled the door panel or anything, but I will have my laptop with me, and I have the Yarisworld DIY manual on it!!!

6. It is going to be HOT!!! Wear sunscreen, hat, sunglasses unless you want to fry, no shade all day.

7. We have cold, refreshing bottles of water in the office fridge for free!

UPDATE: Scratch that, I don't want to drag the jack all the way around my apartment complex and load it in the trunk since I wont be doing the springs tomorrow.

Last edited by computerlove87; 08-28-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #139
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

i can bring my jack and jack stands if someone wants to use them...but won't be there before the 1:30pm mark...so if that's ok w/ you, let me know and I'll bring them~~

Great no shade, but the storage has shade, no? I'm gonna get darker than I already am...
Old 08-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #140
tomato
Super Moderator

Ok, roger that on the water. If you change your mind, let me know. Costco is on my way, and I can easily stop and get something for us. (Maybe a huge umbrella, lol!! ) I'll check the forum tomorrow morning before leaving.

I'll probably show in the afternoon, too, then, could use the time to get stuff done in the morning.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:02 AM   #141
Kaotic Lazagna

hmmm, bring an umbrella. Works well in shading the individual. I'm bringing mine. Does anyone have any camping chairs they can bring?
Old 08-29-2009, 03:40 AM   #142
Kaotic Lazagna

Okay, with the address from the first post, I got this for directions. Are they right?

1. Head east on Eucalyptus Dr toward Donaldson Way
0.6 mi
2. Turn left at Rio del Mar
157 ft
3. Turn right at Broadway St
0.9 mi
4. Continue on CA-29/Sonoma Blvd
1.5 mi
5. Merge onto CA-37 W via the ramp to San Rafael
19.3 mi
6. Take the exit toward US-101 S
0.2 mi
7. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for San Francisco/US-101/San Rafael and merge onto US-101 S
14.2 mi
8. Take the exit toward Seminary Dr
0.2 mi
9. Slight left at Frontage Rd (signs for SEMINARY/SEMINARY Dr/GOLDEN GATE)
0.4 mi
10. Turn left to merge onto US-101 N toward Eureka
0.3 mi

Redwood Hwy
Mill Valley, CA
Old 08-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #143
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!

Laz: That is wrong, that takes you right past MV Stor-all. Cut it off at step 8.

As soon as you get off the freeway you will see MV stor-all immediately to your right.

EVERYONE: NO MATTER WHICH DIRECTION YOU ARE COMING FROM, TAKE SEMINARY DRIVE EXIT.

FROM US-101 N (FROM SONOMA/RICHMOND BRIDGE), YOU WILL SEE MILL VALLEY STOR-ALL DIRECTLY TO THE RIGHT AS YOU GET OFF THE FREEWAY

FROM US-101 S (FROM SAN FRANCISCO), TURN RIGHT OFF THE FREEWAY AND FOLLOW THE ROAD UNDER THE OVER PASS AND STRAIGHT TO THE END AND MV STOR-ALL WILL BE ON YOUR LEFT

I AM HERE NOW IF ANYONE WANTS TO COME EARLY. REMEMBER, THE CODE IS YARI (9274) SO YOU PRESS * 9 2 7 4 #

I KNOW MARIN REALLY WELL, SO IF YOU GET LOST, CALL ME AND I WILL DIRECT YOU OR DRIVE OVER AND LEAD YOU BACK! (415) 342-6875

I AM GOING TO GO GET FOOD BUT I WILL BE BACK BY 9 AM.

Last edited by computerlove87; 08-29-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #144
advocate

Just finished washing the car. Taking a shower and leaving right after. See you all soon!