Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
Sleeksedan
Hot2Trot

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan Aero package
How to Dump a SEDAN

Guys this might be posted already. If so just post the thread for me and i'll F off. But, if not i want to dump my sedan. I have 17X7" wheels with an offset of Who Knows. Just a basic idea of what is involved is all i'm interested in. Brands? Special tools (besides a spring compressor)? Rubbing? you get the picture. I'm a newbie and i want to learn thanks
Sleeksedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #2
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
well you take the cars plates off, then remove the vin numbers form the different locations found in the shop manual, drive to a secluded area of town, and drop it off...

report the car stolen the next day, and hope they don't find it for 30 days, and insurance will take care of you...

you could also, just park it, and burn it, and have an alibi...
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
Sleeksedan
Hot2Trot

very useful info. Why you hate your sedan? Well i guess you hate everything your from Ontario
Sleeksedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
I think what he meant by "dump" is to lower the car as low as possible without rubbing
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
This forum has a search feature that works great. Search for things like "spring DIY" or "lowering" and you'll see a wealth of information. Suspensions between the liftback and sedan don't differ, so don't be discriminatory when looking at information.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:40 PM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
to be a little more useful, springs will only get you down so far (I think 1.75" is the maximum drop?), if you really wanna slam it, you gotta look into coilovers. Look up 03Z33's ride for the best example

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #7
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
the Tein S.Tech's lower it pretty good. i think my sedan was lowered at least 2 inches. take a look at my garage. i don't experience any rubbing, even with a crap load of weight. but then again, i do have the TRD Sportivo shocks...
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
Motorhead6T5

Drives: 07 NCP96
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
well you take the cars plates off, then remove the vin numbers form the different locations found in the shop manual, drive to a secluded area of town, and drop it off...

report the car stolen the next day, and hope they don't find it for 30 days, and insurance will take care of you...

you could also, just park it, and burn it, and have an alibi...
LoLz
Old 07-20-2007, 12:39 PM   #9
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeksedan View Post
Well i guess you hate everything your from Ontario
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #10
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
... Well i guess you hate everything your from Ontario
...you hate everything, YOU'RE (you are) from...
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #11
Sleeksedan
Hot2Trot

Kaotic Lazagna Sick Sedan Sit's perfect and i love the lack of rear trunk spoiler. I want to get a simple sedan trunk lid cuz i hate my wannabe rice 3rd brake light and spoiler. Seriously tho your sedan is EPIC So sportivo and tein coils eh? sounds like a plan. TAKE THAT VISA!
Old 07-21-2007, 01:59 AM   #12
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Kaotic Lazagna Sick Sedan Sit's perfect and i love the lack of rear trunk spoiler. I want to get a simple sedan trunk lid cuz i hate my wannabe rice 3rd brake light and spoiler. Seriously tho your sedan is EPIC So sportivo and tein coils eh? sounds like a plan. TAKE THAT VISA!
lol...you're going to hate me after this. but i'm planning on adding the Thai Vios spoiler in a month or two, but i will deactivate the OEM third brake light so all you will see is the LED's on the spoiler. i'm planning on making a DIY for this spoiler install too.

but yeah, just the TRD Sportivo shocks and the Tein S.Tech springs. i'm not sure if what you meant by coils, but if you meant coilovers, mine are just lowering springs. keep us posted with your soon to be mods. heh. a couple vendors here have kick ass prices on the S.Tech's to BTW.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:48 PM   #13
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
tanabe df210's are all you need to drop it as low as you can go. i dont suggest dumping in it. it would smell bad, but it would probably be easier to get that smell out than getting the smell of a 5th of jack daniels and mac and cheese throw up out. jus sayn...

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #14
Sleeksedan
Hot2Trot

Sweet seems this thread is over. Thanks for the tips. Good Shocks and springs are all you seem to need. No major adjustable coil overs or anything. Hey Kaotic Lazagna enjoy the spoiler. to each their own. But i still think your setup is sick SPORTIVO's And TEIN Springs
Old 07-23-2007, 06:50 AM   #15
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
very useful info. Why you hate your sedan? Well i guess you hate everything your from Ontario
I don't hate my sedan, you asked how to dump a sedan, i provided some info on how to do it....

I only hate people from BC...
punch is offline   Reply With Quote