Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: ~NorCalVitz/ViosClub Summer Meet Location~
SouthBay Beach BBQ idea~(Santa Cruz, Caramel Beach~17 Mile Drive,etc) 8 61.54%
NorthBay Beach BBQ idea~(Sam Mateo, San Francisco, etc) 2 15.38%
Santa Cruz (HWY 9/1 Cruise..scenic pictures to take, picnic, etc) 1 7.69%
Other (please specify in you're post, otherwise its not counted) 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
(NorCal) NCVC Summer Meet

Summers here!!~~

I want you (NorCalVitz/iosClub members, NorCal people, and new comers to decide between the selected options I've discussed w/ Advocate and a few other members......

Choose between the four options, if "other" is chosen, please give a location you'd like to have a meet in and provide what city it is in~

I will be monitoring this every other day and tally up the votes..

DEADLINE to place you're vote is JUNE 10th...June 11th I will make an announcement on final meet place...details of what is going on etc~

Also if you guys/gals are going on vacation around this meet day, let me know so i can work around your schedule...as I too will be going on vacation~lol

Thank You

Last edited by Kioshi; 05-21-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I voted southbay, we can hit 17 mile dr, but I am down for a BBQ wherever.

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

cool, only problem is...i dont have a portable bbq grill. I know sean, and I, and others can get ribs and stuff from Lucky's, Safeway, etc....but we aren't entirely the BBQ experts LOL~
Old 05-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I got that covered, they should have named me BBQ haha

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

hhaha! I think we're set on the food topic then, Thanks Ric :D

I'm going to PM a few new people from the last meet to see if they want to come.
Anyone can bring whoever they want to. Friends, kids, wife, etc. Just a friendly hangout, chatting, fun, and stuff...
Old 05-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #6
MiniTRD
it's the MiniTRD

Drives: 2009 Polar White 3dr Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to MiniTRD
how about something NOT south bay
http://www.norcalcarstyle.com/minitrd/
MiniTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #7
MiniTRD
it's the MiniTRD

Drives: 2009 Polar White 3dr Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to MiniTRD
how about something inland? Sacramento and surrounding areas have great drives and scenery.
http://www.norcalcarstyle.com/minitrd/
MiniTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #8
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Clark, what if we could get Garm to show up ? Would you be willing to drive down, then?

@Kioshi, I'm gonna try to make this meet. The idea of driving to Caramel beach makes me salivate (just kidding ) BBQ hang out sounds pretty good!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #9
advocate

Drives: car
We just drove 800 miles to LA and back and the meet before last was in Sacramento!

It's time to have a local Bay Area meet again.
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #10
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
^ sounds good to me, but I'll just follow the bbq smell ;)
Old 05-24-2010, 01:33 AM   #11
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate View Post
We just drove 800 miles to LA and back and the meet before last was in Sacramento!

It's time to have a local Bay Area meet again.
Taylor drove the furthest, me 2nd. So we need something like North Bay LOL. Gotta start recruiting north bay people.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:38 AM   #12
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Sean, hahaha, you gotta think about all of the meets. Almost all were in the Bay Area. I think two were in Sac. My vote goes to having an RPM meet and bbq. What's funner than driving fast go-karts and eating after (or before)? Qualifying and race. Sounds extremely fun to me.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:56 AM   #13
advocate

Drives: car
It does. Although in all fairness a big meet like this should probably be somewhat centralized.

I think we needa start having two kinds of meets and defining them well:
1) local bay area meets, maybe bi-weekly
2) Nor Cal meets, maybe bi-monthly?

This is definitely going to be #2.
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:06 AM   #14
Kaotic Lazagna

lol, centralized would be Vallejo (although not much to do here, and it's a bit ghetto). I suppose if it were in Vallejo, we can go to Marine World (what ever it's called now, I grew up with it being called Marine World, lol), and eat at Applebees later in the night. I think that would be family-oriented, but costly (at least for me). I say Vallejo is centralized because it's an hour away from Sac (actually an hour and a half from where I live in Rancho Cordova), and 45 minutes away from SF, 1 hour from Union City/Fremont.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:09 AM   #15
Kaotic Lazagna

What is this summer meet anyway, a local meet or a NorCal meet?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #16
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

I didn't mean to stir up conflicts for you Sacramento people...

I saw meets happening in Japan as a monthly kind of thing, and SoCal would never drive up to us....so i thought, why not stir our own Yaris commotion up North...~Have fun, talk, watch a movie, etc...

Thats ALL i want...

Please do consider this one factor (EVERYONE:

Back in early 2008, Kaotic and I tried our best to gather people up for Yaris Meets....so many threads started w/ very few interest being taken...even though there were Yaris owners in Northern California area posting on here...where they went to now, i dont know~~

And now that we have some awesome meets happening/have happened...people are fussing over about driving a 50-150 miles. NorCal is FULL of lazy people. Kaotic, Advocate, and I know this. If we don't push something, nothing ends up happening!

In Japan, they have people from Nagoya, Gifu, and upper parts of Kyoto, drive up to Sakuragichou (Yokohama) and Chiba (Tokyo areas) to meet up for one huge Yaris meet...and i think they just drive to meet up, not even have a cruise or anything~~ That's roughly 350 miles for the people driving from Nagoya to the Tokyo areas...
A guy from Gifu going Ishikawachou area (Yokohama for SAC Cherry Blossom Festival Vitz Meet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOisj...os=TEB6Uui9oME

Sean - Kaotic is right that all the meets prior to the first Calaveras run, before Yaris Sedan was even on here....contraband321, kaotic lazagna, and a guy from vacaville use to come to Milpitas meets w/ other high performance cars...and this was a 9~10pm meet time...BUT, i do want something in the vicinity of Ric, this time around~ Especially, since he has generously offered to BBQ for us all. I want a picnic/beach meet going around this time :)

Sean - I agree w/ you about defining meets from now on. We can have official NCVC meets once every 2-3 months. local bay area meets once a month, i think?

Kaotic - i see what Sean is saying as well and agree w/ him. We just busted 900+ miles a few weeks ago and the last being in Sac.
And I totally like your Go-Karts and BBQ idea. What's the address to the RPMlocation Laz? You have a PM coming shortly ;)

Clark/MiniTRD - I want to try to have a variation for every meet, not cruises all the time. The owner of the Camry guy suggested....we mix things up. And that's where i talked w/ Kaotic and he talked about the Go-Karts idea.

I will try my best to accommodate everyone's needs on here, as much as possible.

NOTE to the remaining 3 that voted SouthBay Beach idea.....can you please identify yourselves to me, via PM or by posting on here??
I can't see who voted....i know contrband321 and Advocate voted for that one....

I voted for HWY 1/9, but I am not counting it because i thought if i voted, i would see the peoples names, who voted for what, but can't...at all~

****For Everyone Clarification: This is not a local meet, this is an Official NCVC Meet****
Old 05-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #17
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
Sorry I forgot what I voted for. =/
I was planning on driving up and I might do it when you guys have the meet so I can have my random, out of LA meet of the year :D
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #18
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

^ haha, all good, I'm going to take a wild guess it was SouthBay Santa Cruz/Carmel Beach~17 Mile Drive since...that would be pretty close from where you are comin.