Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-26-2009, 06:42 AM   #1
Jahbs

Drives: 2009 Yaris YR
Short Shifter Q?

has anyone had short shifter fitted to their yaris and how much did this cost to do and would it void my new car warranty
Jahbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
NST have Two Types in Cabin SSK http://shop.microimageonline.com/pro...2&categoryId=2

or the engine SSK http://shop.microimageonline.com/pro...3&categoryId=2

Both are great units and very easy to instal
and make the shifting a lot nicer .
I personally have the incabin one and love it ,the engine bay one is a copy of theTRD SSK .
on a side note if you want one but dont want to pay the shipping , your more than welcome
to get Garm to put it with my order that is leaving on Monday
and i will send it to you from New Zealand .
PM me if you want more details .
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahbs View Post
has anyone had short shifter fitted to their yaris and how much did this cost to do and would it void my new car warranty
I have the NST short shifter engine bay one and shifter bushings as well. It feels much better then stock, alot firmer and nicer.

It will most likely affect the warranty, as with most aftermarket parts it will affect your warranty. Obviously if anything goes wrong, you can always take it out first. Haha, but Toyota can only really blame it if the part was definatly the cause of the problem if something goes wrong.

I might be able to show you the engine one and how it feels if you wanted to. Just let me know if you wanted to before you purchase it.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
Jahbs

im not to hands on with mechanics and the such u guys wouldn have any idea how much it is to have these fitted, i was expecting it would void my warranty at this stage thats kinda the last thing i want to do
Old 09-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
1NZYaris1

The Engine bay wont Void any warranty as you are only changeing
the shift position , it takes 2 minutes to fit , http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ST+SSK+Install
Here is an install DIY on a 09 , check out the photos
this 09 shows a sightly different actuator to some 09's
they normally fit with no modification .
Besides ruimond might help you out if you ask nicely . lol.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:14 AM   #6
lunjiaow

Ruimond isnt mechanically minded too but he managed to get that short shifter on. He will soon become DIY KING haha.
lunjiaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:16 AM   #7
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunjiaow View Post
Ruimond isnt mechanically minded too but he managed to get that short shifter on. He will soon become DIY KING haha.
Hahah that is tru, i did that myself. Also learnt how to do the bumper/headlight install, so slowly learning. But its easy after the first time.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:09 AM   #8
AND189
Banned

Drives: 2
yeh i have the bay one no problem fast shifting worth it
AND189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #9
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
TWM also offers a full short shifter assembly for the Yaris: http://bit.ly/2FvqXZ
Old 10-05-2009, 03:56 AM   #10
Jahbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NZYaris1 View Post

any difference between the 2

ive never been bright on the mechanics side of cars tho driving is a lil different