Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #307
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
OK, I thought you guys might be interested in my co-workers' reactions.

1 said "Get a gun" (in all fairness I told the same guy last week how we were burglarized and the week before I told him how they laid off 85 police officers, and now the police doesn't respond for most routine, non violent stuff)

3 related similar stories of gratuitous hostility towards cars they've personally witnessed during Critical Mass, in San Francisco http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass (uh? WTF!!! I've always been a huge supporter of critical mass but I'm gonna have to rethink that, I think )

1 or 2 - simply gave me blank looks like "ask me if I care" kind of looks (OK, dude, wait until that happens to you )

1 guy laughed and made a joke "yeah, right, bike road rage, hahaha"

2 or 3 said "yeah, people are assholes lately" and related similar stories of people acting like douches in public transportation or on the road ...

Pffffeewww. What is the world coming to, I really wonder lately.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #308
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
ALMOST went to Woodstock....
Old 08-05-2010, 03:07 AM   #309
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
isn't asprin supposed to be non-lethal
not when i pump you with more tabs then recommended lol. nah im seriously not a advocate of violence as far as on this type of stuff, but i own firearms and have had to pull and use my weapon out of my own car last year. was damn glad i had it vs getting stabbed. now the red tape that comes with popping a few off is enough to keep you from shooting and just brandishing instead...... took me 3 months to get my firearm back since he ended up not making it through the whole ordeal. 2 court appearances later and they told me what i already knew..... i did nothing wrong and that he was a piece o poop street junkie that had more rap sheets than my toilet paper roll when its newly changed. i honestly did the world a favor by defending myself.
06 Vette, 08 Cobalt SS, ?? Civic Del Sol, 10 Audi TT
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:00 AM   #310
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
@ Tomato: your a abetter person than I am! I probably would have ran him off the road and then gotten out of the car blacked out and beat the living $hit out of the guy and then prob gone to jail for ridding the world of this POS person! I probably have the worst road rage than most of you have seen...(spent a few summers in NJ and fit right in) but this would've put me WAY over the top!
You can eff with me and you can eff with anything else of mine but don't effin eff with my efffin Car! I KILL YOU! (yelled as Achmed the dead terrorist)

Well I guess my rant was about your rant but reading it just mad me mad as hell!
bkndacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #311
tomato
Super Moderator

@bkn I don't know if I'm a better person, I just don't wanna go to jail

Knowing that you guys would have felt the same way kind of makes me feel better already and posting the rant is a good way to let go of some of the anger, so thanks guys for the empathy.

I just hope I never see his ass face again in the neighborhood, may not be able to stay so zen next time

I still kind of wanna know what the law allows someone to do in this case, to defend their property. If the guy had reached for my person, I would have fought for sure. But I'm not clear on where the limit is on what level of force (if any) is acceptable to defend your property, whether you're in your car, or whether you see a burglar walking away from your place with your stuff or whatever...

Last edited by tomato; 08-05-2010 at 05:08 PM.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #312
tomato
Super Moderator

@zachry : I'm not sure it's legal out here to have a weapon in your car anyway.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #313
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
If you feel threatened in anyway, you have a right to defend yourself. By hitting your car, he is liable for destruction of private property, road rage, and probably other offenses. The threatening manner is considered asault.(if he touches you its battery)
What would have been righteous is to whip out your perfectly legal pepper spray and watch him literally crap himself in a humiliating pile of screaming wussy-ness in the middle of the street! Oh! You dont carry it? My gosh, in these times a woman traveling by herself should NEVER be without some sort of protection! (hint)
Old 08-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #314
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Better than most weapons, a camera is a great equaliser. One simply takes a few pics of the guy beating on your car, then take the camera to the closest copshop; their work is done, they just pick up the guy the next time they see him...

I have used this to great effect; usually just taking the pics are enough to make the difference. Besides, even if other weapons were available to me, I wouldn't use them. Getting older and wiser, I guess.
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #315
eric81

Drives: Toyota Salesman
Better than pepper spray, is a thing called Raid Wasp Spray. Totally legal, easy to purchase (on sale at Home Depot), and can spray a stream of over 25 feet. If it gets in your eyes, you HAVE to go to the ER to get the anti-toxin. Super sweet payback, and a lot of cops recommend keeping it near the front door of your house and in your car if you park far away and feel threatened where you park. Yeah, and it totally ruins any clothes you get it on, because of the chemiclas in it.
eric81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #316
tomato
Super Moderator

You know what, I saw that douche that hit my car, in the neighborhood, last week-end!!! This time, this asshole was riding on the ***wrong side of the road**** against traffic, 50 yards ahead of me I looked straight at him, he didn't recognize me, but surprisingly I recognized him. I should have honked!!! I bet he would have remembered me then!! But I didn't have my camera, so I just turned right and drove off. I'm gonna start packing my camera again.

Now I know who he is. Some rich asshole who lives up the hill (I kind of suspected that much) drives an expensive bike, and doesn't think the vehicle code applies to him. The guy knew what he was doing, knew he was gonna get away with it.

Karma will catch up with that douche, I just know it. Or my camera.

World is full of crazy jerks.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #317
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
@ PK: Where'd you attach that?
Old 08-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #318
tomato
Super Moderator

+1
Old 10-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #319
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
wow this thread is full of misinformation.
Care to elaberate? Or just troll?
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #320
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
^^ HAHA, troll.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #321
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Look the #1 Troll is back..............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg troll.jpg (11.0 KB, 63 views)
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #322
xbgod
Banned

One guess, Who Am I?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg asshole.jpg (21.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg asshole 2.jpg (1.5 KB, 65 views)
Old 10-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #323
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
One guess, Who Am I?
you are yourself, one of the most egotistical self centered people on the entire planet.

Tamago probably has forgotten more stuff about cars than you could ever dream of knowing.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #324
xbgod
Banned

Egotistical? I spend most of my time answering questions via PM.

and I'm sure I got more time manufacturing race cars parts than half of Tamagos age.

Hell I rarely even update or even post anything to my own posts, to even toot my own horn.

I call it like I see it. but I don't go looking to just start up shit.

XBG