Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-26-2006, 07:04 AM   #1
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Any PS3/Wii/360 Critics out there??!!

Well ive been reading some topics on the ps3. Though the concept of the "boomerang" controller was scrapped becuz one reason was it will offend australian players cuz it was a weapon. I found that stupid and funny.

Though the motion detector.....i believe it was STOLEN from nintendo. Nintendo was really smart with its controllers. Nunchuck + Remote. I have a WII and boy thats fun to play with friends. FAMILY CAN EVEN GET INTO IT!!! My mum is addicted to Wii Sports and Wii Play. But i dont think PS3 can get the whole family playing. Wii is a smart investment i recon, cheap, fun, great controllers. Though u dont get any high def cables when u purchase the console, so i had to purchase one of ebay.

PS3 is a ripoff, they have the damn same controller as ps and ps2 which is so stupid and lazy. Though i am gonna get a ps3 in 1 year time when the price shreds about $150.

360 will be the dominant console in streaming video (if you have Windows Vista) music and pictures cuz obviously they are both from Microsoft. 360 breaks down easily. I had to send my xbox back 3 times!! AND NOW MY HARD DRIVE ISNT WORKING SO I HAD TO BUY A NEW ONE!!! In fine print warranty for the console is 1year and any cables, hard drives is only under warranty for 3months!!! I SAY FUCK U MICROSOFT AND SONY CUZ THE ONLY SMART INVESTMENT FOR THE AVERAGE PAID PERSON IS THE WII!!

Well thats my thaughts on it anyway.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:13 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
PS3 does have the hardest time of the 3... came out late and in limited quantities... The Wii has the fun factor advantage with the motion remotes, the 360 has the advantage of being out over a year already, and it has a very well organized online system with the marketplace. It's gonna be very tough for Sony, the main thing that will help them sell is Blu-Ray...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I happen to have all three in my house right now, so I feel I'm pretty well qualified to chime in, haha. I don't own any of them, though. I pretty much grew out of video games a while back.

The 360 has been out the longest and without a doubt leads the race in the titles category. There are some great games, and Microsoft is starting to establish franchises for the Xbox that keep gamers occupied. If I had to buy any of the three right now, this would be the one. The price is somewhat reasonable, there is a large choice of games, and Xbox LIVE is and always was the shit.

The Wii is revolutionary and will sell the most units of the three simply because adults, kids, grandparents, and whoever else can learn to play Wii Sports in mere moments. I think the system is a little buggy, though. The Wiimotes cut out from time to time, especially during games that require a ton of movement. Having said that, the new Zelda game is easily the best video game of all time, so they have that going for them. We will see if they botch the Mario franchise. I don't see how they could.

The PS3 is a total fucking eyegasm. We have ours hooked to a 43" plasma HDTV and I can honestly say the graphics are every bit as jaw-dropping as advertised and then some. I have never seen games look that crisp, computer-based or otherwise. My buddy has an Alienware gaming PC and that $4000 monstrosity barely keeps up. I think this will be the consummate gamer's console, and with that six axis controller, I have a boner over the release of the next Gran Turismo installment. I just want my Vitz. Hehe.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:53 PM   #4
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post

360 will be the dominant console in streaming video (if you have Windows Vista) music and pictures cuz obviously they are both from Microsoft. 360 breaks down easily. I had to send my xbox back 3 times!! AND NOW MY HARD DRIVE ISNT WORKING SO I HAD TO BUY A NEW ONE!!! In fine print warranty for the console is 1year and any cables, hard drives is only under warranty for 3months!!!.

just so you know, the xbox has now been upgradeed to 1yr warrenty for everything, and its retroactive.

and if you had a repair under that 1yr, they will re-imburse you the cost..
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

its prob in canada its been upgraded to 1 year for everything....since i called the xbox360 guys here in aust, they didnt mention anything about everything being on 1 year warranty. 1 year for console itself and the rest is 3 months.

Ill prob double check the warranty next time i go to my local game place.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #6
eflb55
its EF LB 55

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Sedan (US)
My friend got a Wii.... I don't think I've ever had so much fun playing a console. It's just so addictive and simple to use. You don't have to wait 3 minutes for the game to load up or the console to power on. The browser capability is awesome through its use of Opera. When I was using it I jumped onto yarisworld on his tv and went through the forums. :)
eflb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:10 PM   #7
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
lol i could careless about blu ray...until they make anime in blu ray...u know?

the xbox HD-DVD reader is kinda retarded because it goes to around the same price as a PS3...so I think it should sell for 100 dollars lol...

I got hte wii and it was fun..now that im done with zelda..im pretty much bored...or maybe I dont spend much time playing the wii sports..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:57 PM   #8
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
[QUOTE=hasher22;44168Though i am gonna get a ps3 in 1 year time when the price shreds about $150.
[/QUOTE]

I think you might be in for a bit of a surprise. The PS3 right now is selling under manufactor cost. In fact, it sells, as someone else mentioned, for less than Blue-Ray DVD players, even though it is a blue-ray dvd player. Also, blue ray is going to be the way for the future, going to have to get on board in the next 5 years or so, so be ready for it. Anyway, the real point is, the psp is def not going to be dropping 150 dollars in the next year. right now its so cheap becayse sony is determined to win the format war, but i wouldnt be surprised if next year it was the same price or even more expensive. Also, the graphics right now are the exact same as the 360. Look around for reviews where they have done close ups on t-shirts and such to see which one actually has more detail...its fifty-fifty, sometimes 360 sometimes ps3, though some speculate that it may be due to rushed games, maybe the later games will be better.
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:17 AM   #9
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
wii...

I'm not a hardcore console gamer, I havent bought anything since ps2...

But when I was doing my "reading up" on the various consoles after seeing the lines the day before ps3 came out- the wii REALLY stands out!

Games were meant to be FUN... and even when I had *only* seen the controller setup, i knew it would be beyond the most fun.

I *will* have a wii in the car next year... assuming I can do the a/v system like I want :)
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #10
jimcat
Green is good

Drives: Vitz RS
Send a message via MSN to jimcat
Because of the Racing Games RR7 & GT HD
I brought PS3 already. Hope I got a right choice
jimcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #11
pxpaulx

Drives: Barcelona Red 5spd sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGYaris View Post
I think you might be in for a bit of a surprise. The PS3 right now is selling under manufactor cost. In fact, it sells, as someone else mentioned, for less than Blue-Ray DVD players, even though it is a blue-ray dvd player. Also, blue ray is going to be the way for the future, going to have to get on board in the next 5 years or so, so be ready for it.
Sorry i dont actually have a link to reference (ok, found it - http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/26/tech...ion=2006122609 ) the newsflash is that79% of households own VCRS, 81% now own DVD players. That took 10 years, WITHOUT a format war to overtake the previous format. DVDs will be around for awhile. So, add 2-5 years for a format to be chosen, plus 10 years for ANY type of new format to become the standard. Don't forget direct stream HD video content (Ala microsoft live, for example) as another contender; I wouldn't hedge my bets on Blu-ray just yet. In 15 years, all 3 of those could end up being a doorstop in a virtual world that hasn't been invented.

oh yeah, and the Wii is awesome!
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #12
punch

Quote:
its prob in canada its been upgraded to 1 year for everything....since i called the xbox360 guys here in aust, they didnt mention anything about everything being on 1 year warranty. 1 year for console itself and the rest is 3 months.

Ill prob double check the warranty next time i go to my local game place.
check out microsoft.com for the info...
Old 12-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #13
punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrman View Post
wii...

I *will* have a wii in the car next year... assuming I can do the a/v system like I want :)
how are you going to control the thing in the car, kinda hard to swing the controller etc....
Old 12-28-2006, 02:21 PM   #14
eflb55
its EF LB 55

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Sedan (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
how are you going to control the thing in the car, kinda hard to swing the controller etc....
my cousin got this little plastic wheel like holster where you put the wii remote in and drive it like a steering wheel.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives...r_the_wii.html
eflb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:21 PM   #15
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
just got a wii, will plug in and play away tonight... I'll let you know what i think (even if you dont care about my opin. )

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:53 PM   #16
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
check out microsoft.com for the info...
lol cant be bothered....so your saying that people who buy the console now gets EVERYTHING on 1 year warranty? and the people who baught the console b 4 that new warranty was introduced gets the old warranty right?
Old 12-28-2006, 05:55 PM   #17
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkalush View Post
just got a wii, will plug in and play away tonight... I'll let you know what i think (even if you dont care about my opin. )
WHOOOOO!!!! u gotta play Wii Sports with your mates, its addictive.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:06 PM   #18
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Quote:
WHOOOOO!!!! u gotta play Wii Sports with your mates, its addictive.
jus got wii internet browser.... and aka yarisworld on the wii!!!

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote