Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 12:06 AM   #199
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
Thomas, has there been any thought of a second round? Any new things?
Old 05-26-2007, 12:07 AM   #200
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleyaris View Post
With no connector, it'll be a spice and dice. Shrink wrap required. I can't wait to see it also. Chino you are following in the the steps of violin, now Two in NA to have these tails. It should be an easy install.
one would hope you could just take the two connectors and pop the wire ends out and match them up thats what i'm hoping for, thats why i want to see a diy if it's possible... that way there will be no cutting required...
Old 05-26-2007, 12:11 AM   #201
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I could go buy any generic molex connector with enough spaces in it for the amount of wires going to each tail light. Of course, I generally think molex connectors are a PITA and I will probably chump out and do it wire by wire. Rest assured however I go about it I'll write a DIY and take my time, because this is the fourth and final time I'm playing with these f'n tail lights!

With these lights and the new badges that are coming in a week or two, I promise you you've never seen a Yaris quite like what mine will look like in a bit. Stay tuned.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:06 AM   #202
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleyaris View Post
Thomas, has there been any thought of a second round? Any new things?
Still working things out for new stuff, I really want to be able to supply body kits, wait and see...

Looking into replicas of:
Burnout KD VII
Ings+1
C-ONE
RS front and rear bumpers

And original kits:
Arto/TRD widebody kit
TRD lip kits for sedan

They would be unpainted, but there is a solution to match color codes in the US/Canada and elsewhere. Basically, if the paint shop has a sample of your paint, they can recreate it. The best way to do this would be for you to mail me the little round tow hook cover from your front bumpers, and they can work from there.

But, the problem with shipping large, painted items is the risk of scratching while in transit, so I still would not recommend it.

Also, please keep in mind the bodykits are replicas, in other words, they will be a heck of a lot cheaper than the original JDM parts. We will get them from one of the best rated workshops here, so fit and finish should not be a problem. But, I don't have any more details to share at the moment, shipping is still a huge variable that we are working on.

Anyway if anyone else still wants stuff that's already up in this thread, lemme know!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 05-26-2007, 01:11 AM   #203
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacsnier View Post
ok i Know it says the mud guard and the decorative skirt MAY not fit the US/Canada Yaris... cannot confirm this wether this fits of American Yaris or not?
From what I've seen of members in the US importing lip kits, the mud guards should fit, but the skirts will not, your bumpers are a lot deeper, so it won't match...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 05-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #204
R0ME0

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS Turbo
Any updates Thomas? Everything been shipped out?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #205
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
If it helps any, I deal with the shipping industry on a daily basis. FCL, LCL, Break bulk, Ocean/Air.

I've a good relationship with a few steamship lines and freight forwarders (the company I work for is considered a NVOCC, rates are competitive).
Old 05-29-2007, 08:27 PM   #206
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Still waiting on the stuff, was supposed to get the aftermarket stuff yesterday, but they only got everything in stock late in the evening, so I'll be going in a couple of hours, I have an errand to run in the same area of town anyway

As for the Toyota stuff, they should be giving me a call today too, to update me of the status, it should also be ready to pick up today, or tomorrow.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 05-29-2007, 08:37 PM   #207
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Woot, Viva La France!
Old 05-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #208
uncleyaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I could go buy any generic molex connector with enough spaces in it for the amount of wires going to each tail light. Of course, I generally think molex connectors are a PITA and I will probably chump out and do it wire by wire. Rest assured however I go about it I'll write a DIY and take my time, because this is the fourth and final time I'm playing with these f'n tail lights!

With these lights and the new badges that are coming in a week or two, I promise you you've never seen a Yaris quite like what mine will look like in a bit. Stay tuned.
, you never cease to amaze! Can't wait.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #209
uncleyaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Still working things out for new stuff, I really want to be able to supply body kits, wait and see...
Old 05-30-2007, 02:00 AM   #210
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

A Teaser...

What's all this then?

Gonna take more detailed pics later, kinda in a rush now, but it all looks gooooood!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg teaser.jpg (41.5 KB, 131 views)

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 05-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #211
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB

can't wait to see this!
Old 05-30-2007, 02:19 AM   #212
eijikikimaru
Q(','Q)

Drives: 3dr Meteroite
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
What's all this then?

Gonna take more detailed pics later, kinda in a rush now, but it all looks gooooood!
I need to go change my underwear... you just made me wet myself with glee
Old 05-30-2007, 04:10 AM   #213
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
sweet. can't wait to see those pics.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:46 AM   #214
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

All right, here's a bit of an update!

To get started, the replica TRD gauge cluster:

Firstly, the sizes of the holes for the gauges are:

Center hole: 9cm (a little more than 3.5")
Side holes: 5cm (2")

Secondly, the paint job on these is really not so good, very easily scratched. I would suggest buyers to put on an extra coat of good quality matt black paint.

Next, the replica RS Modellista taillights:

They look very nice in person, as mentioned before, the side area is more of a chrome look than the original's satin finish. There's also a picture of the connector attached to it, I am not sure how the USDM Yarii taillights are connected, but it should not be too difficult to match the wires and splice as appropriate

The "Altezza" smoked LED lights:

Look surprisingly amazing in person... The cover is actually a bit darker than the picture shows, it would be very stealth when mounted in the car.
Here's the back of it, the plug is once again different from the modellista ones:

And, of course, the LED side mirrors!

One interesting thing is that these not only have orange lights for the blinkers, there are also white LEDs that can be wired into your illumination circuit, so that they come on when you turn on the headlights!
Here's the back with the three wires (ground, white lights, orange lights):

I'll get my set installed ASAP and take pictures or even a video, it should not require any special skills or tools except maybe a soldering iron...

Lastly, the rear Netz emblem, it's in a sealed bag so I don't wanna open it without hasher22's permission

So, here we are, one step closer to getting this done!!!
The Toyota stuff will be ready to pick up on Monday, so we can finally ship next week!

Also, I will be away for the next few days, going on a quick business trip, but will be back Sunday, so don't worry if I'm a bit slow in responding to any questions here!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 05-30-2007, 06:07 AM   #215
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Wow... looking at those smoked tails almost makes me think twice about my rear Modellista(ish) lights! I'm still thinking about possibly smoking these, so the chrome shouldn't look too chromey. I think they'll look great either way.

I'm super-stoked with the side mirrors! Nice to have the option to choose LED colors.

Now I really can't wait for the Toyota parts...

More of these would be really appreciated, please... You know you want to!

Last edited by tk-421; 05-30-2007 at 07:00 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:45 AM   #216
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
I see my mirror covers!
Closed Thread