Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-11-2007, 01:38 AM   #1
DMart
same amount of posts lol

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic LB
Unhappy somebody hit my car!

so i went to the movies and i always park in an empty place in the lot (i.e. the very back where no one parks) so i can avoid things like this, so i come back to my car and somebody hit the damn thing?!?!? i was about to lose my mind...there were no cars around so the pussy decided to run, but they hit the car in the rear quarter panel just in front of the rear right tire and scraped all the way to the front right fender...it sucks, i'll post some pics in the morning...will full coverage insurance cover this and will i have to pay the $500 deductible??? damnit...
DMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:40 AM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMart View Post
so i went to the movies and i always park in an empty place in the lot (i.e. the very back where no one parks) so i can avoid things like this, so i come back to my car and somebody hit the damn thing?!?!? i was about to lose my mind...there were no cars around so the pussy decided to run, but they hit the car in the rear quarter panel just in front of the rear right tire and scraped all the way to the front right fender...it sucks, i'll post some pics in the morning...will full coverage insurance cover this and will i have to pay the $500 deductible??? damnit...
yes, they will probably try and make you pay the collision deductible as opposed to comprehensive, you can try and convince them however that it was a basket or vandalism or a tree something and emphasize that the car was parked, this way you can get off paying the deductible for comprehensive only, good luck
Old 08-11-2007, 03:23 AM   #3
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I had a similar thing happen to me with a brand new truck I bought. Had graphics, bags you name it and some ass hit the front end in the middle of an empty parking lot.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:55 AM   #4
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Sorry to hear that, DMart! Hope you don't end up paying too much money to get it fixed soon!
Old 08-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
Put in a complaint with the movie theater/mall (whomever has the lot you were parked in). Go to the security office if there is one and see if there is a camera that might of caught the action.

A car I had got smushed a few years ago in a shopping plaza and they payed my deductible.

Worth a shot, let them know you frequent their place of business and you'd have no problem referring your friends and family to stay away.

Chuck

Last edited by Meteorite Man; 08-11-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Meteorite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
joe keeney

Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
Hunt them down and kill them.
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #7
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
ughhh that pisses me off. like someone says, go tell the theater. most likely, they have some kinda security camera there. the person should've at least been responsible and left you a "oops i'm sorry" note and given their information to ya. but most people aren't responsible so what can ya do?

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:00 AM   #8
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
sorry to hear this. yeah, there's some a--holes here too. scratched my Yaris and didn't even leave an apologetic note.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote