Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2007, 07:21 AM   #19
sambo42xa

Drives: 07 YARIS Automatic/LiftBac/Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
Ok, I changed mine at 4850 even though that darn light was flashing at 4500 miles. I'm a firm believer on the 3k mile oil change. But as someone stated on here, newer engines are far more advanced than before. Therefore, you can go longer than the 3k mark (depending on application). My manual and dealership both said 5k. I just did an oil change last week and put in MOBIL-1 Synthetic 5W-30 using a WIX filter. You may think that by using synthetic you can go further before the next change but I will stick with the 5k intervals.
Now, I have a question. Is my "maint. required" light going to come on again at the next 4500 miles or is their something like a switch that determines when the oil should be changed?? I know I will let you know when it happens that way we all know!!
....and yes, FRAM oil filters= death for your vehicle.
Everyone has a an opinion.

Thank you,
sambo42xa
Southern NH USA
I've read that newer engines are far more advanced, therefore making oil changes at longer intervals. The YARIS 1.5 is a small engine but is advanced too. If TOYATA says 5k oil changes, then that's what I'm going by.
sambo42xa
Southern NH USA
sambo42xa is offline   Reply With Quote