Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
OC Chopper show ends.....

The Orange County Choppers show will end thursday and not a moment to soon IMO.

I live in OC NY and Paul Teutul Sr is not considered a local celebrity by most.

Paul Teutul Sr has been brought on charges of fraud, etc and he is consided a union busting asshole, etc.

Vinny and Paul Teutul Jr got fed up with him a long time ago and left. The way he treated "Mikey" is a damn shame
A few new cutom bike shops have opened in the area and OCC is now a has been, a victom of Paul sr's arrogance and stupidity.

From my local paper.
http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/100209684

Last edited by RedRide; 02-07-2010 at 09:41 PM.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #2
rihdrkc
Blazing Blue Yaris

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3 door Liftback
Good

http://www.yariscentral.com/index.php

Just an old guy rockin it with you young-uns
rihdrkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Sucks to hear that. Love that show (especially the episode where they built an AMG-themed bike for Mercedes-Benz). Also before I heard of Paul Sr.'s shady behavior, I thought he was an awesome leader and was doing nothing wrong. It wasn't 100% his fault that Mikey couldn't get his shit together alot of the time, but he could've still worked with him a little to bring out more of his potential.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Used to love the show, but it's definitely gone downhill over the past couple of years. There was too much friction between Sr, Jr and the rest of the crew. I think they got too full of themselves, about the only one that seemed grounded in any way was Mikey, even despite all his problems...
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Mikey wasn't the best one there IMO. He was just as flawed as everyone else. He would always sleep-in and stroll-in to work whenever he wanted. I remember seeing Paul Sr. frequently hiring temps to fill his position for quite a few projects. I don't blame him for being pissed all the time...

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #6
RedRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
Sucks to hear that. Love that show (especially the episode where they built an AMG-themed bike for Mercedes-Benz). Also before I heard of Paul Sr.'s shady behavior, I thought he was an awesome leader and was doing nothing wrong. It wasn't 100% his fault that Mikey couldn't get his shit together, but he could've still worked with him a little to bring out more of his potential.
Just to put things into perspective.....
When Paul sr was Mikey's age, he was just a loud mouth arrogant abusive drunk. He got over by bullying people taking advantage of his large size.
His son Mikey is not nealy as bad as he was.

Mikey is a gentle soul who wouldn't harm a fly. he doesn't know how to become an aggresive buisnessman and does not want to become something that he hates.
Evidently, Paul sr loves a dollar bill (which he has plenty of) more than he cares about his own son.

Palu has become a corporate snob, buliding bikes for other corporate snobs who use it as a tax write off
Old 02-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #7
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Red

I agree, Mikey was the only person with real character and soul on that show. He provided comic relief and would be the one person out of that entire crew that I would hang out with given the opportunity. Sr is a jackass, and Jr too full of himself. Mikey knew how to have real fun and wasn't so money-hungry. As a matter of fact, it appears the two Pauls have done nothing but blown what riches they acquired...

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #8
RedRide

Let's not forget Vinnie and Cody who left OCC and started their own custom chopper buisness.
http://www.vforcecustoms.com/
Vinnie was another person that l liked.
He was/is down to earth and he always treated Mikey with respect.

Last edited by RedRide; 02-07-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #9
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Paul sr. will get what he deserve. Paul jr. will survive, but Mikey will endup a loser.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:03 AM   #10
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
I'm gonna miss that show a little... They fabricated some really nice bikes. Then again, they also built some really ugly ones, and their constant bickering got old after a while.

Hopefully Paul Sr. will get his business hat back on before the whole OCC franchise goes down the drain. As for Mikey, he used to be really annoying on the first couple of seasons, but ended up being pretty much the center of attention towards the end. I think he's going to be fine as long as he finds something he is really passionate about and sticks to it.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
RedRide

What is not generraly known about Mikey is that he really is not into bikes and the whole biking mindset.

Mikey happened to meet the shows producer in a local bar and the producer sugeested to Paul SR that he hire him for OCC. From the begining of his apperence on OCC, he was to be sort of of a comedy aspect of the show and kind of a buffer for all the bickering.

Mikey really didn't know exactly what the producers wanted of him or how to act on the show so, it was a learning experience for him.

I wouldn't worry to much about Mikey. He is smarter than most realize.
His problem lies in the fact that he is the black sheep of the family (not being into bikes) and he has yet to decided what to do with his life.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #12
GeneralDon7

Drives: Yaris Sedan
I watched the show till about the third season, then SR and JR bickering got really old. But they did create some nice bikes during that time that I watched. Vinnie and Rick never got the respect they deserved considering how much work they did fabricating the bikes. The things that Rick could do with metal was mind boggling to me, especially on the POW/MIA bike. I didnt realize though that SR was suspected of fraud? can someone enlighten me please.
GeneralDon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #13
RedRide

SR was chaged with bankruptcy fraud concerning his steel fabication buisness.