Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #109
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Hey guys, I had some confusion with the CNC machine place with the ordering of my machine, i fixed everything out with them and they're coming to setup the machine in my basement soon.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #110
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Thanks for the update we are all eagerly waiting. I got my custom hub spacers now i need a throttle body spacer.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #111
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

don't worry, pieces to the CNC are already coming in the mail everyday, today i got the computer unit and the motors, yesterday i got the DRO unit, it should be getting drop shipped soon!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #112
JBIZZ

Drives: 2007 Liftback white
I'd be interested in one, as long as, my warmup idle doesn't raise anymore than 3K rpm.
JBIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #113
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
i didn't read the whole thread but i didn't see this mentioned in the first few posts.

what material are you making this from?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #114
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZZ View Post
I'd be interested in one, as long as, my warmup idle doesn't raise anymore than 3K rpm.
this is a spacer, not the throttle body swap
Old 06-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #115
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Aluminium.... why? lol
Old 06-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #116
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ I like the English spelling version. My vendor in India spells it that way.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:31 AM   #117
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
Aluminium.... why? lol
if you want optimum performance, make it from phenolic
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #118
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Phenolic resin can include any of various synthetic thermosetting resins such as Bakelite, obtained by the reaction of phenols with simple aldehydes such as formaldehyde. Phenolics can be used to make molded products including pool balls, laboratory countertops,[1] and as coatings and adhesives.

Phenolic material properties are useful in myriad industrial applications. Phenolic laminates are made by impregnating one or more layers of a base material such as paper, fiberglass or cotton with phenolic resin and laminating the resin-saturated base material under heat and pressure. The resin fully polymerizes (cures) during this process. The base material choice depends on the intended application of the finished product. Paper phenolics are used in manufacturing electrical components such as punch-through boards and household laminates. Glass phenolics are particularly well suited for use in the high speed bearing market. Phenolic micro-balloons are used for density control.

http://www.sdplastics.com/phenolic.html
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:01 AM   #119
dallas

Drives: Yaris Hatch /Landrover D2
O.K Spock LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Phenolic resin can include any of various synthetic thermosetting resins such as Bakelite, obtained by the reaction of phenols with simple aldehydes such as formaldehyde. Phenolics can be used to make molded products including pool balls, laboratory countertops,[1] and as coatings and adhesives.

Phenolic material properties are useful in myriad industrial applications. Phenolic laminates are made by impregnating one or more layers of a base material such as paper, fiberglass or cotton with phenolic resin and laminating the resin-saturated base material under heat and pressure. The resin fully polymerizes (cures) during this process. The base material choice depends on the intended application of the finished product. Paper phenolics are used in manufacturing electrical components such as punch-through boards and household laminates. Glass phenolics are particularly well suited for use in the high speed bearing market. Phenolic micro-balloons are used for density control.

http://www.sdplastics.com/phenolic.html
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:41 AM   #120
Tamago

so, garm, you can cut and paste!

but why would i suggest using a phenolic plastic over aluminum? anyone?
you nailed it sir.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #121
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

phenolic spacer to keep IAT down because it doesn't conduct heat. It might be a more suitable idea than using aluminum as it may be cheaper and we can keep costs down for this econobox. But what about if theres constant abuse of spraying, does this material take well to something like that?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #122
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
phenolic spacer to keep IAT down because it doesn't conduct heat. It might be a more suitable idea than using aluminum as it may be cheaper and we can keep costs down for this econobox. But what about if theres constant abuse of spraying, does this material take well to something like that?
it should hold up BETTER than aluminum, as aluminum tends to rot when exposed to nitrous oxide.
you nailed it sir.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #123
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Alum will get hot from heat soak. Nitrous is very cold when it is being released. So if you have a hot piece of alum. Say 115 degrees F (the hottest I have seen my IAT) the alum could crack from the rapid change in temp. Is that what you were going for tamago?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #124
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

LOL thanks Garm i love that spelling too.... Yeah, if thats the case, why do they make the Hemi ones which takes a bigger jetting than a yaris would handle in stock form in aluminium. I dunno, all nitrous spacers are made from aluminium, i don't think theyd do it all willy nilly, if you want me to make it from phenolic, i don't care, its just general concencus
Old 06-04-2009, 01:09 AM   #125
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
I don't think heat soak will be too much of an issue considering the TB is metal as well.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #126
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
I think plastics would be a better material for these spacers, based on what I've heard... Cheaper, more resistant to temp fluctuations, and you can fabricate them using the same process.