Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-26-2007, 12:09 PM   #37
KUYZA

Drives: YARIS SEDAN
Thanks guys for all your help.!

I was thinking to check the car, but not so carefully, but now I defenelly will check it better. Now I can see there´s more complain about the paint, mmm.. thinking about that..

Thank´s for your time,I really appreciate that.

Hope you can understand me.

Well I hope so...
KUYZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:18 PM   #38
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
I have the complete opposite car model as you (manual trans hatchback), but I'm still confident that you'll enjoy it just fine. Definitely give your new car a good check before you sign off on it in order to prevent extra trips to the dealership later on.

Bienvenida a los foros!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #39
KUYZA

OH°! by the way...

Nobody here speak spanish? it´s just a cuestion.. I mean, is good to me this, becouse I´m learning a few new things,...or...Am I the only mexican here?

Well I hope so...
Old 07-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #40
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
tk-421 is in Mexico... the rest of us are just gringos

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #41
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Yo hablo español. Todos los demás aquí son demasiado huevones para ni siquiera intentarlo.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #42
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
hmm we need like a pre-installed translator built into these forums. No, you're not the only mexican here.. there are others and I've seen some threads in spanish too in the regional forums.

If you're worried about paint, you can do what some people are going to do, such as put additional clearcoat on it or do like I do and wax your yaris right away. plus, it'll look absolutely shiny and beautiful too. and there are other stuff out there to protect your paint. anywho, enjoy your yaris when you get it

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #43
KUYZA

Te pasas TK.. jajajajajaja

Haaaayyy ya extrañaba escuchar cosas así. jajaja.

SHERRY.. I´m going to ask about the clearcoat also.. you know.. And I need to see a good one, becouse here in méxico somethings (well a lot of them) are expensive and difficult to find them.. but i´m going to try.-

Well I hope so...
Old 07-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #44
KUYZA

Te pasas TK.. jajajajajaja

Haaaayyy ya extrañaba escuchar cosas así. jajaja.

SHERRY.. I´m going to ask about the clearcoat also.. you know.. And I need to see a good one, becouse here in méxico somethings (well a lot of them) are expensive and difficult to find them.. but i´m going to try.-

Well I hope so...
Old 07-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #45
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Drives: Willow is a '07 Red Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to death is my gift Send a message via MSN to death is my gift Send a message via Yahoo to death is my gift
I'm half a mexican but my mom never taught me how to speak it. It was her "code" language to talk to my aunts when my sister and I wer little. They liked to gossip. Little did she know I can understand more than I can speak. But reading it? Nope. Not at all.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:32 PM   #46
redduck

Drives: Yaris
I'm a translator for a billing company. I speak spanish. and french.... and port.
redduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #47
KUYZA

BRAVOO!!!

gracias amigo! eso nos ayudaría mucho y a los demás también a entender y aprender algo nuevo. GRACIASSS!!!!

Well I hope so...
Old 07-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #48
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
The Good: It saves gas, has alot of compartments, awesome handling (good for the City) and it's comfortable too!

The Bad: It lacks options and is kinda pricey for the size...

The Ugly: The Yaris Sedan is actually a VIOS. : ( And oh yes, the steering wheel looks like a pussy. LOL!

BUT YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE IT....
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #49
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo22 View Post
If you guys think the build quality and standards are the same on a 14,000$ car vs a 60,000$ car that's your opinion; not mine and we're all free to have our own opinions.

Saying that I should go and look at GM because Toyota is slipping in quality doesn't make any sense. I hold Toyota to high standards, I hold GM to none and would not consider a GM, Ford or Dodge at this time. You can't compare Toyota to those companies imo.

If you read my entire post you would see that I still think this is the best car in the segment and I never said that Toyota's quality is failing. You don't have to share the same outlook on the Yaris I do, but never, ever and suggest that I go to a GM dealer!!

Bottom line is; regardless of price; always thoroughly check over something you're buying before you take delivery of it or you could really get burned. If it wasn't for the superior service of my Japanese Sales advisor, we would have been burned on our Yaris.
I don't know of any Toyotas that sell for $60K, but I honestly do feel the Yaris is built to the exact same quality standards as their highest priced vehicle. Toyota simply does not cut corners.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #50
KUYZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by forpinks View Post
The Good: It saves gas, has alot of compartments, awesome handling (good for the City) and it's comfortable too!

The Bad: It lacks options and is kinda pricey for the size...

The Ugly: The Yaris Sedan is actually a VIOS. : ( And oh yes, the steering wheel looks like a pussy. LOL!

------ OOOKKKKK!!! FORPINKS...!

thank you for the information... and about the steering wheel detail.... TOO MUCH INFORMATION for me!!! jajaja, it´s something I just don´t want to think about.....
------------

Well I hope so...
Old 07-26-2007, 06:14 PM   #51
sherryberry

Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
Guys like pussy lol. so they like the wheel .. got it.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:34 PM   #52
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
I don't know of any Toyotas that sell for $60K, but I honestly do feel the Yaris is built to the exact same quality standards as their highest priced vehicle. Toyota simply does not cut corners.
There is a difference between cutting corners and using better quality parts and having higher standards/tolerances on cars that are three times more expensive than a Yaris. If you think a Lexus isn't a Toyota, then simply look on the Toyota Canada website and you'll see that a Sequoia lists for over 60 grand in Canada before taxes, freight, pdi or all options.

The Tundra, 4Runner, Highlander and Sienna can all easily come in over 60 grand after freight, pdi and taxes.

In your case the only cars Toyota makes which are over 60K are Lexus.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:53 AM   #53
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo22 View Post
There is a difference between cutting corners and using better quality parts and having higher standards/tolerances on cars that are three times more expensive than a Yaris. If you think a Lexus isn't a Toyota, then simply look on the Toyota Canada website and you'll see that a Sequoia lists for over 60 grand in Canada before taxes, freight, pdi or all options.

The Tundra, 4Runner, Highlander and Sienna can all easily come in over 60 grand after freight, pdi and taxes.

In your case the only cars Toyota makes which are over 60K are Lexus.
Yes there is a difference, but I don't the believe the standards or tolerences are any lower for the Yaris. There is a difference in the quality of some parts as you are paying a premium for the high end vehicles. For obvious reasons the Yaris isn't going to come with a leather interior or wood grain panels, but I'd be willing to bet the paint process is exactly the same for a Yaris as it is for a Lexus, as well as the quality control on the engines, trannies, electrical system, etc.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #54
sherryberry

I'd think that the paint on a lexus would be much better than one on a yaris since it's a more high-end car. *shrugs*