Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2009, 03:52 AM   #37
twpanson

Drives: Blue Devil
Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
after looking at this

i cant see spending more the 50 dollars on a product like this, and i doubt i would even do that.

It offers no performance, i can do the same thing by just controlling my pressure of my foot on the gas

ive had nearly 10 years of practice doing that

Well, technology makes our life easier. Actually, the idea of electronic throttle controller has already been adopted by some car makers like Subaru. Si-drive is what they call and only comes standard on their premium LegacyGT line.

It depends on everyone's appetite. Some people would rather spend $150 on a piece of carbon fiber look tranny cover, others might wanna get something they can really feel.

Regards,
Panson
twpanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #38
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Panson - you claim you're company manufactures these units? I'm interested in one, but your suggestion that yours are somehow different from all the other identical-looking units is a bit surprising. Got any documentation for this?

Kustom play - why are you posting on this thread if you clearly are not interested, and never were?
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:48 AM   #39
twpanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
Panson - you claim you're company manufactures these units? I'm interested in one, but your suggestion that yours are somehow different from all the other identical-looking units is a bit surprising. Got any documentation for this?

Kustom play - why are you posting on this thread if you clearly are not interested, and never were?

Sir, I don't have documentation at hand, but I can assure u all the components we use are from name brand suppliers. For instance the bypass switch are from Fujitsu, and IC units are from TSMC

We are from manufacturer side and trying to promote our business by reaching out to base customers instead of cutting prices by using cheap parts from nowhere. Frankly, we are still testing market right now. If things are not working out, we might as well go back to be a contracted manufacturer for these Japanese companies.

Regards,
Panson

Last edited by twpanson; 10-19-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #40
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
I don't quite understand how you can blow the tranmission with this?! Are we talking automatic transmissions? Because I have good control over what happens when I shift my manual transmission and I don't see how a throttle controller could affect that?

Does anyone care to elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twpanson View Post
We are one of the original manufacturers here. Though all the units look similar, like the cheap one you might find on ebay, but all the major components we use are from Japan. That makes the quality of our product stand out. We offer 1 year product warranty.
Also, the reverse cancel function is very important. We had heard complaints from other car models using "no reverse cancel" controller and got their tranny blown while reversing.

That's make it real. Who will be in for this group buy say $150 shipped

Panson
fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #41
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
@twpanson: I see your throttle controller hooks up to the OBDII port. Is there a version that can hook up directly to the gas pedal? I am using the OBDII port for my CarPC. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #42
twpanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
@twpanson: I see your throttle controller hooks up to the OBDII port. Is there a version that can hook up directly to the gas pedal? I am using the OBDII port for my CarPC. Thanks.

Sorry, Sir. Our device has to be connected through 2 ports in order to get it work. Let me ask our technician to see if there is anything we can do.

Panson
Old 10-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #43
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Quote:
Sir, I don't have documentation at hand, but I can assure u all the components we use are from name brand suppliers. For instance the bypass switch are from Fujitsu, and IC units are from TSMC

We are from manufacturer side and trying to promote our business by reaching out to base customers instead of cutting prices by using cheap parts from nowhere. Frankly, we are still testing market right now. If things are not working out, we might as well go back to be a contracted manufacturer for these Japanese companies.

Regards,
Panson
Didn't answer my question. You claim that you are the manufacturer of this item? Who is "we?" Thx.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #44
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
What I would like to see is a device that would allow me to throttle back while on cruise and allow me to keep the same MPH.

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #45
twpanson

Quote:
Didn't answer my question. You claim that you are the manufacturer of this item? Who is "we?" Thx.
Sorry for my 1st grade wording.

I am a sales Rep. I work for the manufacturer. So I think I should use "we"..??

For the product, technically, Yes, they all function the same. However, what I would like to emphasize is that my company only uses the best quality components compared to other competitors.

Panson
Old 10-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #46
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Not criticizing your wording or grammar, just wondering who you were representing. Who is the actual manufacturer of this controller?
Old 10-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #47
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Ok, install has been completed, and I am currently writing up the whole DIY and review at this point, grabbing pics off my camera, and having to upload a video from my phone.

Quote:
Sorry, Sir. Our device has to be connected through 2 ports in order to get it work. Let me ask our technician to see if there is anything we can do.

Panson
I do believe you guys are only using the OBD to draw power to the device, possibly not to actually use it to control anything from what I can tell...It may be possible to actually hardwire the device to another functioning device rather than draw power from the OBD. Of course I did not design the unit, I only have installed and had the chance to play with it and debunk some of my own problems very easily.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #48
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Ok, install has been completed, and I am currently writing up the whole DIY and review at this point, grabbing pics off my camera, and having to upload a video from my phone.
Looking forward to those!

Quote:
I do believe you guys are only using the OBD to draw power to the device, possibly not to actually use it to control anything from what I can tell...It may be possible to actually hardwire the device to another functioning device rather than draw power from the OBD. Of course I did not design the unit, I only have installed and had the chance to play with it and debunk some of my own problems very easily.
I just received word from 1NZYaris1 telling me the same thing, so I'm still interested.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:04 AM   #49
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
Quote:

giving feedback,

others had said the same thing if you read the whole thread

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #50
twpanson

Okay,
Here is our official group buy
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...497#post404497

Let me know if your have any questions
Tks
Panson
Old 10-24-2009, 02:28 AM   #51
twpanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf62757 View Post
What I would like to see is a device that would allow me to throttle back while on cruise and allow me to keep the same MPH.
Our throttle controller SP Mode would allow U to throttle back on gas paddle and maintain the same MPH.

Panson
Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #52
twpanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmicle View Post
I don't quite understand how you can blow the tranmission with this?! Are we talking automatic transmissions? Because I have good control over what happens when I shift my manual transmission and I don't see how a throttle controller could affect that?

Does anyone care to elaborate?

Sorry, I missed this post. Yes, it's the automatic transmission that couldn't handle sudden power (in SPORTS 7 mode) while reversing. Think it this way, no one would floor their gas while going backwards, right?
That's the reason why we have "reverse cancel" wire in our NTD Throttle Controller kit.

Panson
Old 10-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #53
twpanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
giving feedback,

others had said the same thing if you read the whole thread
In plain words, our NTD Electronic Throttle Controller gives U the flexibility to adjust the throttle and make the output of the power more predictable in certain condition.
This is a picture I borrowed from Blitz's site showing the curve after installation.

Last edited by twpanson; 10-28-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #54
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Quote:
safer alternative toward ECU tuning.
Panson, I am all for your product, I tested it for you, and I love the throttle controller, but please dont confuse this with anything ECU tuning, your not changing ANY variables with the engine directly, fuel or air, even timing... You are simply changing the relation betweenthe accelerator sensor at a certain level of pedal depression.

The control box does not connect to the ECU, only connects through the acecelerator going to the throttle body in the engine bay...and connects with the pedal.

Since the Accelerator pedal and throttle body are related only through a certain amount of voltage being passed through the sensor, I might add that its function (The Throttle Controller) is to change the variable electricity output depending on the function selected (Sports/Norm/Eco). Each setting having a different variable output depending on the preset memories for selection at 0% throttle input and 100% throttle input.

I am no engineer, but surely I have played with the device long enough to actually realize its simple function.

Quote:
Sorry, I missed this post. Yes, it's the automatic transmission that couldn't handle sudden power (in SPORTS 7 mode) while reversing. Think it this way, no one would floor their gas while going backwards, right?
That's the reason why we have "reverse cancel" wire in our NTD Throttle Controller kit.

Panson
Actually the automatic transmission is completely capable of handing power, what the cancel wire is actually intended to do is be connected to a reverse light on the taillights of the car, then when power is supplied by the car to that light, notify the throttle controller that the car is in reverse, through a small electric current...Then the throttle controller put itself into "Normal" driving mode for that time, so it allows a safe reverse throttling, when the car is then placed into a Drive mode, the throttle controller will then return to its normal setting (Sports/Eco) of your selection.

Once more I am not trying to dig into what you are telling Yarisworld members, your product, or you as a salesperson, I just want a proper picture painted for what the product actually does.

Last edited by Sabretooth; 10-28-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote