Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
burned
Banned

Drives: 1nzfe
It's all in the Head

Well gentlmen it's been a long while coming and the results are in for the full race head. There was lots of speculation on how good were the JUN cams? Is the Ferrea valve and beehive spring upgrade worth it? Was sending the head to Tom Fujita at Port Flow Designs also worth his weight in gold?

If you want to truely unlock all the power from your motor, than YES!

If your a bolt and go guy than no.

If you truly want to run lots of boost and run a full standalone this upgrade unlocks doors that are unbelieveable.

We put this head to the test and ran it all the way up to 9,000 rpm without even skipping a beat. With our Haltech P1000 we were even able to still use the VVTI and get every bit of power out of our investment.

The sound it makes is like music. You can here the duration in the set up and it's quite amazing. I myself was unsure of what to expect with all this done. But I will say I am very happy. Now I am running 10mm ARP head studs to hold everything in place but I needed the piece of mind while putting it to the test.

All is a go. So if your on the fence for some JUN cams do it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg junnew.jpg (38.4 KB, 157 views)
burned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
jetblast

Drives: Gen 1 XB
Why not post a dyno sheet, or a vid (or audio clip)of the engine running? How about a flow bench comparison of the head before and after. Pics of cams....they could just as well be in the center of my kitchen table with candles on them, while I eat my cereal outta a top fuel piston bowl. Feed with substance, not opinions please. Not meaning to bust chops.
jetblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
^ there's another thread running as well.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42371
Old 11-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
burned
Banned

I did post a dyno sheet of the car " Enough said" (thread) I also said in the same post that you can view the car running on our face book page.

You should read a little more.

Lastly I know how the car performs with stock cams. Your another one of those guys who needs eveything spoon feed to him. If you don't think there is going to be a gain with a cam change with numerous amounts of head work, your wearing blinders.

And i'm not going to spend countless hours of R&D on the obvious for guys like you.

I make over 600hp I think I'm in the right direction.

I'm just showing the combination on what it took to get there.

You want to hear it go to toy box racing (page) on facebook. We got two video's up and running.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Is this gonna make me go as fast as f22?
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
it is not all in my head, it is real, i have seen the light. even if it is in a toaster, but a 653ish hp toaster that hunts down unsuspecting muscle cars and gnaws on their bones.

any who, nice work with the car I look forward to seeing what else you can do (mostly looking forward to the N/A build as that is my basic end goal for my car).
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
burned
Banned

Thanks.

I'll start a thread on the N/A build. I'm as excited as you for this and it's not even my car.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #8
scioncrew

Drives: SCION tC
Send a message via AIM to scioncrew
burned congrats on your build. I think you will get a little more respect from every body here if you show a little more than a dyno graph. A video of a Dyno run or a video of the car at the track running a number. All everybody in Yaris World knows is that your xB is running again. your car idling and reving dose not add up to 600HP.
07 Toyota Yaris 357hp 12.80@107mph
scioncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #9
burned
Banned

Agreed. we're doing a HD video of final dyno runs and making a bad-ass video.

I'm a perfectionist and thats how I want to ultimately show it. I just started posting up as things were unravelling at CFT.

were woking through programing the race pack and dialing in on the fine points.

As soon as were there i'll get up a high quality vid.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #10
jetblast

Hey Beef, just an idea to help ya save some cash. To acquire your final drive parts, maybe check with a local person who's fixing XB's as repairables. I stumbled upon one, and drove away with two engines and a trans free. He just wanted them out of his way. I would tare down my spare trans and send you the final drive, but Murphey's law, mine would blow out as soon as FedEx showed up to deliver at your house. :)
Old 11-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #11
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast View Post
Sorry pal, I'm over "spoon feeding" our troops by dodging surface to air missles in Afghanistan. So if I take a some of that time and waste it on Facebook, to become more educated like yourself, the troops could go hungry.
With all due respect, you probably lost more time redacting an off-topic post than you would have checking an on-topic video on facebook. Please try to keep your posts on topic and refrain from flaming other members. Thank you.

@burned: Please stop being so defensive. Some people are asking genuine questions here...

To everyone else, Aras is trying to keep things civil, so why don't we help him out for once?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #12
jetblast

Hey Beef, by the way, I just watched Craigslist to find someone selling salvage titled XB's.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #13
scioncrew

Drives: SCION tC
Send a message via AIM to scioncrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by burned View Post
Agreed. we're doing a HD video of final dyno runs and making a bad-ass video.

I'm a perfectionist and thats how I want to ultimately show it. I just started posting up as things were unravelling at CFT.

were woking through programing the race pack and dialing in on the fine points.

As soon as were there i'll get up a high quality vid.
sweet! cant wait
07 Toyota Yaris 357hp 12.80@107mph
scioncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #14
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
[quote=burned;673757]I did post a dyno sheet of the car " Enough said" (thread) I also said in the same post that you can view the car running on our face book page.

I looked at the facebook video and it was not possible to determine what was going on. Do you know when a decent one will be made?
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:33 AM   #15
burned
Banned

As blurry as thr mobile upload is it's still quite visible as to what is going on. I'm not a fan of the mobile upload either. But even I can see whats going on.

I don't have a time line on the HD video, I'm more concerned about the finaly product. I can say HD video will happen with as soon as final adjustments are made.