Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
Drove a Turbo Yaris

Hey, I had the opportunity to drive cdydjded's yaris. For one, I can tell you that the car runs fine. It also looks really nice with the drop and rims, but thats besides the point ;D. It really pushes, I don't remember exactly how much hp it was pushing, but it felt great. Its enough to satisfy any yaris owner =D. Ive seen him drive around my area for a while now and know that it is his daily driver. I am really left amazed with it and am looking forward to boosting my own yaris. I will be getting his kit soon and ill keep you guys posted on any updates.

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
great!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
djgab101

Drives: toyota yaris
lucky guy!!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
The kit has been taking forever to come out! lol. The $2500 turbo kit. When I actually thought I'd be buying it! Oh well
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
it hasn't taken forever. He can have them available to people, Just nobody actually puts money down. They all go oooooh i wish i had a turbo!!!! -hands a turbo kit- OH OH I MEAN.... mmmm i have stuff to pay.. maybe in 6 months. and they never get around to buying one, they just speculate and dream

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
PETERPOOP

Um no?

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...2500+turbo+kit

Not including the other 2 "update" threads that are there too.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
He can have them available to people, Just nobody actually puts money down.
Really? A complete kit exists for sale, now? Shippable? First I heard about it.

I've been cheering this guy on since the beginning, but in fact the product has not come to market, or at least has not been advertised as being available. That is NOT a criticism of him, by the way.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #8
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealEnth View Post
it hasn't taken forever. He can have them available to people, Just nobody actually puts money down. They all go oooooh i wish i had a turbo!!!! -hands a turbo kit- OH OH I MEAN.... mmmm i have stuff to pay.. maybe in 6 months. and they never get around to buying one, they just speculate and dream
I can vouch for this. As soon as I announced my plan to turbocharge he PM'ed me offering to put together a kit for $2500. There really isn't a big enough demand to merit him to have kits ready for sale all the time... I believe the same happened with a company that I'm "not supposed to mention on these forums" as well.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
There really isn't a big enough demand to merit him to have kits ready for sale all the time...
I disagree, but respect whatever he wants to do. I would have bought 5 kits straight up from him to resell.

Who are you not supposed to mention? I didn't know we were being censored.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Beats me
Old 06-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #11
PETERPOOP

MICROIMAGE FOR THE WIN!!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #12
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
idk i dropped over 3k on a S/C kit and an amount about equal to that on crap that i haven't even had a chance to put on so i don't know about NO ONE being willing to put up the cash.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #13
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Zero Point Industries. I believe only one or two of their kits for the Yaris ever actually sold, whereas if you look on Scionlife there's a different used ZPI kit for a tC up almost everyday. No offense to anyone, but our cars don't exactly attract flocks of people who have the balls to try forced induction.

That aside, I'd love to see an affordable bolt-on turbo kit. Atm, Zage is the closest to that but it's... eh.

And on topic: I'm soooo jealous lol.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #14
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

ZPI, yeah it's actually entertaining to talk about them. I have my own stories, best suited to a Scion thread.

I've sold 11 supercharger kits. Most of those people would have been happy to spend $1000 less on Carlos' turbo kit. plus the 5 I would buy for stock. That's like 15 sales right off the bat. And there are more people waiting for a kit to be marketed (which is why I"m designing my own).

It is super fun to drive the yaris with more power!
Old 06-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #15
PETERPOOP

I would have glady bought this kit if it was out when it seemed like it would be. Then I wouldn't have had to throw down the bucks for a S/C and with every supporting mod to try and get as much power as a moderate turbo'd yaris would put down. However, I wanted more power ASAP, and it was about supply & demand/reliability during that time. Definately can't count me in your stereotype.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #16
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
ill buy the kit when i can be more than 50% sure it wont f&*(* my baby up. That's pretty much the only thing keeping me from getting into FI. A kit that will give me between 130-150hp without wrecking the car and Im sold
im with you there broda... im excited to see what Garm does with the turbo kit and he is honestly the only person i would trust on the matter to sell me a complete kit. but honestly i just dont want to blow my load if you know what i mean lol
06 Vette, 08 Cobalt SS, ?? Civic Del Sol, 10 Audi TT
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #17
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
First of all thank you "TheRealEnth" for posting you honest thoughts on my car. Second, Iv always have been able to make a custom kit for anyone that was willin to buy one. I sent numerous PM's to people when they showed interest in a kit. Peterpoop was the closest I got to sell a kit. We went back & forth & honestly it was my fault that he went SC instead of turbo. @ the time I was starting my own business & well I was more concerned with it than the kit. So I stopped posting results.

As of today & from the beginning, I can offer a kit to those interested. It would be a custom kit. It would be built to order. I do not & will not build 2-3 kits so they sit on the shelf. Ask Garm how many manifolds has he sold. My though is very few since when he came out with them they were somewhere around $400 & now they are $250. I might be wrong & if I am I apologize for my assumption.

I see here posted & read before comments like "what Garm does with the turbo kit and he is honestly the only person i would trust on the matter to sell me a complete kit", Comment like that deter me & any other company to invest in a kit. Honestly Garm is a great person. I have the utmost respect towards him. When it comes to the Yaris he is an innovator. He has done to his car what most people dream about. I commend him on that. But when Garm comes out with a kit it will not be built by him, it will be built buy the guy who does all the work on Garm's car, which is Art. Again if Im wrong I apologize.

So for those truly interested in a kit, PM me. I can make them a kit to meet there needs.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #18
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Manifolds: I am price matching Dezod, like any good business should do.

Manifold part 2: Customers have made it clear that they don't want to make their own kit from parts -- kind of the whole point of you offering a kit, right? ... in spite of that I've sold 6 manifolds so far. (pretty sure they are not all for Yaris owners)

Your post did not attend to my comment to buy five kits. Interesting. Can't do that right now, just to be clear, but could have in previous months.
In this market, there is no reason to have two similar competing kits out there, Carlos; I've made that clear before, even on the phone with you.

As for me not doing it myself, you are correct. While Art is designing and fitting a kit with me, he will not be fabricating it. For consistency, that is best left to a high quality fabrication shop we will use.

As for you offering a complete kit "from the beginning", show me the post, because I missed it.