Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #19
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkalush View Post
I will be with out my beloved for alittle while
(pics below)

The Story:
I had just turned into the movie theater parking lot when all of a sudden I was shoved to the left... aka some douche-bag teenager slammed into me from the side... (insert a shit load of swearing at him and images of me imagining of throwing his head through his windshield)... so cops came, cars get towed, I submit claim, and now have to wait to hear from the insurance claim guy (which i'm sure ill have to have a heated discussion with).

the pics below should sum up the damage. If you look at the first picture you'll see that he hit me just above the center of the wheel and my tire is now slanted inward , i had to pull the bumper out from behind the tire so that I could get the car out of the middle of traffic (as the movies are a crowed times these summer days).

Side Note:
Atleast the chevy got smashed to bits, compare the damage of the two and the yaris kicked the shit outta the chevy.... 1++ for yaris...

well vodka, your cars probably a write off, damage to the drivetrain of a front wheel drive economy car.. scaryy....

also If I were the cop writing the ticket it would be to you for entering the parking lot in the path of the chevy.
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #20
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkalush View Post
much was i wished it where the heads of retards
Prolly just as well...heads like that can't take much cracking...it lets all the air out!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:40 PM   #21
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
well vodka, your cars probably a write off, damage to the drivetrain of a front wheel drive economy car.. scaryy....

also If I were the cop writing the ticket it would be to you for entering the parking lot in the path of the chevy.
How do you know what direction either was coming from? Your pompous assumption means squat.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #22
9vapors
Awesome.

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Hatch
You totally won though.
9vapors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:57 PM   #23
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
How do you know what direction either was coming from? Your pompous assumption means squat.
Besides, things get kind of sketchy when an accident occurs on private property. Sometimes police will not assign fault, as traffic on private property is not really subject to vehicle code (rules of the road). But then, sometimes if the case goes to court the property owner may even be found partially at fault if it's found that traffic signs and markings were insufficient.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #24
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post

the ways the malls work around here is that the towns have jurisdiction over the main mall road (so its town property) and there are driving lanes with lines, stop signs the whole nine-yards where i was driving, the kid was pulling out of a spot and was trying to beat someone else that was leaving, so it would be like you pulling out of your driveway and hitting a car passing your house...

anyways i'm not worried about it, i'll pay my deductible and just wait for the refund of it from my insurance company when they get paid from the kids insurance company

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #25
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorite Man View Post
Pretty sure the airbag did the damage to to windshield. The airbag deploys up and then the windshield deflects it out, back towards the passenger.
Surely that's not the way it works??? They show airbag deployments all the time, and never have I seen one bust out a windshield, or even touch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorite Man View Post
It would take too much time for a head to crack it and then the bag to deploy with out him/her making contact.
You're right, the bag deploys immediately, before the body can reach the dash, but if he went over it, then I think it's quite possible. But, that assumes that the airbag doesn't bounce off the windshield (which again, is kinda' crazy in the 1st place).

Could be that the passenger made contact with the windshield through the airbag. It can't be expected to absorb all the impact when the seatbelt wasn't used... they're only "supplemental". Even on the Yaris crash tests, the drivers head still makes contact with the steering wheel with the seatbelt. I imagine it'd be much worse without it.

~YR
Old 07-06-2007, 03:45 PM   #26
Thotprawsis

Drives: '07 Blazin' Blue LB
Sorry to hear about the Yaris, glad your ok. Nice job on the chevy
Thotprawsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #27
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
it's good that you're okay. i think you can win the case. i'd be HELLA PISS too.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:56 PM   #28
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post

Please see the original post...

"The Story:
I had just turned into the movie theater parking lot when all of a sudden I was shoved to the left."

sure sounds like vodka pulled into the cars path to me...

anyways, vodka I'm glad your ok, I'm glad the car held up well, and I'm glad nobody in the other car got hurt either...
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #29
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
bright side, looks like you should get a brand new bumper with a fresh coat of paint and that should be much better than factory, won't have to worry about chips so much

oh yeah, go to the hospital and get the hook up on some good drugs, soft tissue injuries, whiplash-etc.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #30
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
THAT SUCKS! Can you get lifetime popcorn from Regal Cinemas to compensate for your pain? I hope it all works out in the end.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #31
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Sorry to learn about that!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #32
smokinyaris

Drives: bad boy
sucks damn kids
smokinyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:09 AM   #33
ryz1711
Eat, Sleep, JDM

Drives: Yaris'07 & Ford Laser'98
Send a message via ICQ to ryz1711 Send a message via MSN to ryz1711 Send a message via Yahoo to ryz1711
sorry 'bout your car mate..

i'd be pissed off too..

i had particularly experienced your situation a few years back with my ford..
In my case was...some dip$Hi+ backed up his huge 4X4 and rammed my car from the front and made the front left headlight slightly go inwards .. boy was i pissed..

I cooled down.. held my composure and just let it go..

still have the remains of the incident up to this day.. didn't bother to fix the headlight since my car is a "1 of 6 only" in my country.

anyways, hope your car turns out well and fully recovered..
ryz1711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #34
WRBlue

Drives: Yaris 3 Door, 04 WRX, 69 Lotus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge View Post
Surely that's not the way it works??? They show airbag deployments all the time, and never have I seen one bust out a windshield, or even touch it.
Thats the way GM designed a bunch of cars, the pass airbag deploys from the top of the dash.

Look at the picture again:

The point of impact was the corner of the airbag cover. Its not the airbag perse that breaks the windshield, but the much harder, very stiff airbag cover.

Walk around a junkyard sometime, LOTS of family sedans have broken windows from the airbag cover ;)
WRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:48 AM   #35
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Vodka, what ever you do, let the dealership fix it.
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:21 AM   #36
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Thanks for a sympathy guys, it sucks, but i guess i'll live. If anything is making me finish-up all the little things that i have to do to my truck...

Ill be sure to post some pics after my little beaut is fixed up.

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote