Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-29-2015, 06:17 PM   #19
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Hopefully this is nothing more than another case of a post heavy OG having enough and simply disappearing. Never would have pegged him as someone to quit cold turkey, but who knows.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:00 AM   #20
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
I hope he is alright - Very strange that he has not checked-in.
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:43 AM   #21
NEexpat

Drives: 2009, auto, 4dr LB
This is not good.

I'll echo many here that I hope he is OK, I know sometimes when he would go on the road he would "disappear" for a few days, but the length of this absence is worrisome.

I doubt very much he would just drop out.........................he didn't strike me as that type. Of course I only know him through this forum and his postings.

One of my sisters passed away last April, here one day, gone the next morning. And outside of her family and friends, we have no Idea who her friends were online outside of shared social media sites etc, who were notified.

But if she were a member of a forum of interest to her, and made friends and acquaintances there, to them she simply stopped posting.

Again, I do hope he is OK.
NEexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:14 PM   #22
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEexpat View Post
This is not good.

I'll echo many here that I hope he is OK, I know sometimes when he would go on the road he would "disappear" for a few days, but the length of this absence is worrisome.
I doubt very much he would just drop out.........................he didn't strike me as that type. Of course I only know him through this forum and his postings.
One of my sisters passed away last April, here one day, gone the next morning. And outside of her family and friends, we have no Idea who her friends were online outside of shared social media sites etc, who were notified.
But if she were a member of a forum of interest to her, and made friends and acquaintances there, to them she simply stopped posting.

Again, I do hope he is OK.
First of all, I am very sorry for your loss NEexpat. I cannot even begin to imagine losing a sibling. I have been wanting to write off & on for months in regards to this post. I agree with you completely about certain forums she may have frequented. Unless someone there was made aware of the situation, most would just think she stopped posting. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
Life has been busy here, I am determined to make an effort to post more!

I still very much hope that 'Nook' pops back in and posts. As long as he is OK, that is what I am going to believe.

As far as my 2013 Yaris L, this baby is STILL my awesome favorite car ever! Knock on wood, it has one tiny, tiny paint chip on the drivers windshield pillar from a stone this lady kicked up driving by me down my winding road. I can still see in my head when it happened, LOL! She's older, see her a few times a month, in her minty looking light yellow Ford Fairmont 2 Door!
'Scruffy' has 1,459 miles on her 6th oil change and has 13,370 miles on her odometer today
Old 02-09-2016, 05:59 PM   #23
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
I hope Nook shows up again someday, but I fear the worst. He definitely doesn't seem like the type of guy who would just up and leave this forum. I miss his posts and wish him well, wherever he may be.
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:18 PM   #24
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
We too were thinking of him . Always enjoy his input and consideration .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:07 AM   #25
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
We too were thinking of him . Always enjoy his input and consideration .
Old 02-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #26
NEexpat

Drives: 2009, auto, 4dr LB
Yougojay,

Thank you for your words, greatly appreciated.

I always appreciated Nook, and given the amount of time and places he was often traveling to had hoped to one day catch up with him for lunch or a drink either in New England or someplace convenient that he or I may be traveling to.

Wherever he is I wish him the best, and may his roads be smooth ahead of him.
NEexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:08 PM   #27
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

You are welcome. I am glad I wrote. I hope he is well and safe. He knows where we are!
Old 02-13-2016, 04:20 PM   #28
Freestylin

Drives: 09 Blizzard Pearl RS LB
Sometimes life gets in the way of YW?
“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” ― Ayrton Senna
Freestylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #29
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
I just checked out his profile and it seems he hasn't logged in for quite a while. I have access to very little extra information using the mod control panel, but I was able to dig up his registered email and last IP address.

Using a reverse IP search, I was able to find out that he was in a hotel in CA at the time he last logged in. His email address does contain a name too, but it's only either a first or last name.

I'm afraid there's not much else I can do. I do hope he's OK.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:54 PM   #30
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
Thanks for your efforts, tk-421.
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #31
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Yes thanks!