Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #55
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
I don't think there is such a thing as over moderating. The only people who are complaining about stuff like that are guilty of some stupid remark that generally flames. I administered several forums in the past, and while there is freedom of speech and freedom of opinions and all that, there is no room for bashing another member (flaming). Those people were gone in a hurry...forcibly.

Someone has to police forums, for sure.
agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
Yes, the mods do over moderate. They have their own rules as to what is fair. Other forums have much better moderators.
if they were to have been over-moderating, there are a few posts of mine that were toeing the line, that should have been "moderated", as they could have been construed as inflammatory...

case in point, my thread about light bulbs, which was a tongue in cheek statement about forum life, was never touched by the mod team...

this is, by far, the most relaxed forum i am a part of...

so to any statement that the forums are over-moderated,

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #56
Darb
Bear Traffic Controller

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I've never had any issues with mods, just my ¢¢

Kids Playing Chase On Freeways Get Smashed.
Darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #57
Darb
Bear Traffic Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
not enough cents....you're out

j/k
Doh!

Old 09-21-2010, 09:11 AM   #58
chrisj
Hooch Brewer-Shine Sipper

Drives: 2009 5-dr LB
Mods have a hard job on any busy forum. They get bashed if they do their job, and bashed if they don't.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #59
Darb
Bear Traffic Controller

Quote:
Mods have a hard job on any busy forum. They get bashed if they do their job, and bashed if they don't.
+1

Old 09-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #60
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
and do it voluntarily, from the goodness of their hearts, not seeing a single cent, and more often (as evidenced recently) getting more complaints than praise for their job.

So guys, give the mods a break, try to be a constructive part of this community, and see how much more pleasant YW can be!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:29 AM   #61
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
^ but, but, but, but....you called me a doofus

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #62
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
IMO, the people that complain about mods on forums have never actually moderated forums before, or at least not forums with a fairly large membership. Forums that don't have at least a somewhat strict staff end up being 4chan.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #63
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
I think that we might want to go the route of Blizzard in how they are changing their forums as well as the Wall Street Journal. Your real name is shown. You wanna talk smack and not have posts deleted then step up and for lack of a better term, "be a man" and accept the consequences of what you have to say.
real names on the net are dumb, they make it far far too easy to find peoples real life info, which can lead to real life problems.
Quote:
Well they are all masochists, so they must enjoy it, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
IMO, the people that complain about mods on forums have never actually moderated forums before, or at least not forums with a fairly large membership. Forums that don't have at least a somewhat strict staff end up being 4chan.
Wait, is that a bad thing?

I guess my favorite forum being called Khaos Prime though might make me biased.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #64
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
let me guess you can do better.

we are trying to accommodate everyone, and like many hve said we could have been more forceful yet we decided to let you have your freedom,and look what it gets us. Now when we have to act we have some of you that whine and complain that we are power-tripping. truth of the matter is there are some people on here that are not happy with us being mods because they want to be and they choose to create problems on the forum to try and "show everyone what bad mods we are". Our mentality on here is live and let live, but we won't tolerate open forum member/vendor/lurker/etc bashing or flaming. We try to talk the problems out before we issue a warning and bans. The rule never changed for banning, its 3 warnings and then a ban, in many other forums is an automatic ban without discussion. We give you the opportunity to defend/explain yourselves and in 90% of the cases we will disregard the warning/ban because we managed to talk it out with the affected member. Now if we delete posts there is a reason and we always try to give a concrete reason (you can it under the deleted post). Now if you want a free for all its not going to happen. Some members are spoiled and have the impression that it is their right and privilege to act like they have no manners or that they can say anything without the consequences. If you don't like the way its done no one is forcing anyone to participate in the discussions , that is your choice not ours. If you want to be a mod ask the owners of the forum
You are an example of over moderation and unfairness.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #65
maxxman420
prop215.

Drives: Toyota Yaris LB
everyone just shut up and follow what the mods ask
if they are being a little brash pm them. we really dont need this kind of stuff on yarisworld. Unity is essential in here
maxxman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #66
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Wait, is that a bad thing?

I guess my favorite forum being called Khaos Prime though might make me biased.
While I'm glad that there are places like 4chan where you can do whatever you want however you want, I don't want everywhere (or even most places) on the Internet to be like that. I'm glad that there are rules here, and at the forum I currently moderate and the ones I have in the past I've always been pretty tight on the rules.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #67
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
Yes, the mods do over moderate. They have their own rules as to what is fair. Other forums have much better moderators.
Not the majority of forums I've been to. I think the YW mods have this balancing act just about right.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #68
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
Not the majority of forums I've been to. I think the YW mods have this balancing act just about right.
+1
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #69
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
OK, here we go again... pffffff.....

Those of you who feel this forum sucks and the mods suck, etc., etc., I have one answer for you: don't log in to this forum. Go on Craigslist's rant and rave (for example) and tell the whole word how much we all suck and see if anyone will listen. Or grow a pair and start up your own website and/or forum and see what it really takes to moderate a website and/or a forum, let alone a forum this size.

In the meantime, when you're here at YW, we ask that you refrain from poisoning the atmosphere for the rest of the members. We just won't tolerate it anymore.

Some of you may think this is a power trip. Call it what you like, doesn't matter. We just won't tolerate members creating a negative atmosphere in here and spoiling it for everybody else.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #70
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
let me guess you can do better.

we are trying to accommodate everyone, and like many hve said we could have been more forceful yet we decided to let you have your freedom,and look what it gets us. Now when we have to act we have some of you that whine and complain that we are power-tripping. truth of the matter is there are some people on here that are not happy with us being mods because they want to be and they choose to create problems on the forum to try and "show everyone what bad mods we are". Our mentality on here is live and let live, but we won't tolerate open forum member/vendor/lurker/etc bashing or flaming. We try to talk the problems out before we issue a warning and bans. The rule never changed for banning, its 3 warnings and then a ban, in many other forums is an automatic ban without discussion. We give you the opportunity to defend/explain yourselves and in 90% of the cases we will disregard the warning/ban because we managed to talk it out with the affected member. Now if we delete posts there is a reason and we always try to give a concrete reason (you can it under the deleted post). Now if you want a free for all its not going to happen. Some members are spoiled and have the impression that it is their right and privilege to act like they have no manners or that they can say anything without the consequences. If you don't like the way its done no one is forcing anyone to participate in the discussions , that is your choice not ours. If you want to be a mod ask the owners of the forum

Well, said, PK.

But I don't think they're gonna give mod privilege to peeps who do nothing but stir up shit all the time.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #71
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
wanna let me help out? only kinda sorta asking...

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #72
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
ANARCHY IN THE YW!
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote