Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-17-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Bank of America sucks!!!

So today i went to check my balance online to find out they are now charging me a 8.95 monthly fee to maintain my checking account. Unless i have direct deposit. Which my company dosnt offer. I do keep a substantial amount of money in there. And when i opened the account they told me there were no fees if i have money transfer to my savings monthly. Until now. They just hiked up all thier fees and changed around everything.

Anyone else having recent issues with bank of america?

What are some other good banks out there. I keep seeing these commertials for chase. I am thinking of going in tomorrow and pulling out all my money and closing my accounts and bringing my business elsewhere.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:10 AM   #2
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
two words:

Credit Union look one up near you
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:28 AM   #3
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Bank of America treated me like shit years ago when I didn't have much money, so I quickly understood they weren't interested in small accounts like mine, so I closed my account and never set foot there again. I know it's silly but what can I say. It's hard for a customer to return to a place where they treated you like shit. Your whole body fights you, lol!

I went over to the other one, with the coach and the horses ;) they're probably just as bad but I haven't had any problems and nobody's ever laughed at me, not even when all I had to put in my savings account was $20 now and then, and my checking account was ahem.. pretty modest.

Not a fan of CityCorp either.

I really liked Washington Mutual, they were prety cool, a lot of free services. Now they're Chase, which is fine I guess.

As long as they don't skip town with my money, I'm cool.

You know, I think all these big banks are pretty much the same. Whatever you do, just make sure you see the FDIC sticker out there on the door. before you deposit anything
Old 10-17-2009, 04:06 AM   #4
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
agreed with credit unions, i switched from BOA to a local credit union and never looked back

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
B of A: Worst bank I have ever used in any country!!!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
1)Credit Union
2)US Bank
3)Chase

Personally I bank with number 1 and 2 never had problems but I heard many good things from Chase as well
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #7
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
two words:

Credit Union look one up near you
Good advice, but that's seven words.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #8
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
i think all banks suck personally. to be honest i'd love to just keep all my money under a mattress but it's pretty hard to do anything without a bank account these days.

right now i have wells fargo.

i had a credit union at one time (Navy Federal Credit Union) and don't recall having problems with them but i was young and stupid then so i probably wouldn't have even known that i was being screwed.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
bah.....haha....3:10 in the A.M. don't look for me to impress
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #10
Phaeton

Drives: Blazing Blue Liftback
Credit Union is the way to go, and your not sending your money out of your community.
Phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #11
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
bah.....haha....3:10 in the A.M. don't look for me to impress
JK. Seriously, Credit Unions are safer. In general, they are too small to get involved with Credit Default Swaps and other derivatives. The danger is that they are tied in with large banks because of the checking accounts and rely on them as a clearing house. That means that some of their money is tied in with them. The good news is that they are directly involved with their loans so there shouldn't have much mortgage defaults.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:32 PM   #12
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Yeah i like the idea of credit union. I have an account already with a local one that i had refinance my car loan. I might see what they have to offer then for safe storage of my money.

The only downside its not like theres ATMs for them all over the place like with bank of america.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #13
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post

The only downside its not like theres ATMs for them all over the place like with bank of america.
that's why I stayed with WF. ATM *everywhere*
Old 10-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #14
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
I dont know about your area, but in maine there is the Five county credit union's that span most of the state, and they are not one large chain bank like it sounds, its more like all the local credit unions came together to offer account access at every location. the ATM's are all over the state.

you still deal with the same credit union you started with, you can just access that account at any 5 county credit union member location.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #15
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
that's why I stayed with WF. ATM *everywhere*
same here. still think they are crooked bastards though.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #16
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
My problem with BofA and Wells Fargo is the fact they go out of their way to make identity theft easy. They refuse to keep the online banking updated, so you never know how much money you actually have. This is of course so they can make $35 off overdraft fees from people with poor money management. I can't fault them for trying to make money, it is after all, your responsibility to know how much money you have.

But the problem is this. I pay my cell phone bill online. 10 seconds later I check my wells fargo account, and there is my cell phone bill pending. Great. I check FIVE MINUTES later, and all of a sudden its not on my account, anywhere. WTF? Obviously they have the information that someone, hopefully me, is spending money on my account? Why withhold it? Obviously its to make an extra 35 bucks when I forget I paid my bill and go spend more money than I had.

Well what about when I get my wallet stolen and someone tries to pay bills with my account(oh wait that already happened). Guess what? I don't find out someone is stealing my money until 2 days later when they decide to tell me what is happening with MY MONEY. I was on the phone with the police, checking my bank records, telling them "well, it looks like they haven't tried to use my card at all" within minutes of them using my card.

So I can't turn on the news without hearing some story about how bad identity theft is, but the banks aren't taking even the first steps to cut down on it... Oh well, they made 70 bucks in overdraft fees off me, and they only had to reimburse my account 500 dollars

Boycott BofA
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #17
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
Yeah i like the idea of credit union. I have an account already with a local one that i had refinance my car loan. I might see what they have to offer then for safe storage of my money.

well make sure that the CU you join is part of this network...

http://www.cuswirl.com/

then you have atm's pretty much across the country where you can go for no fee

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #18
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
Bank of America wanted to $10 charge me to cash one of their own checks that I got in a business transaction.

Last edited by Bob Dog; 10-17-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote