Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-10-2006, 08:20 AM   #1
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Stumped on gettin an amp......help..?

Anyway this is what i got

-Pioneer FH-P5000MP

-Two Sets of Pioneer TS-E1695 3-way Speakers

But i want to get an amp so my bass from the speakers will sound smooth when i bump up the sound. I dont want a sub cuz im not really into heavy bass. I just want a decent amount of bass from the speakers so it goes well with the tunes.

I need your help in suggesting a PIONEER amp. Im sticking with the pioneer range, since i already got a pioneer head unit and speakers.

Well im thinking of getting a 4-channel Amp since i got 4 speakers right? (well thats what ive been told) anyway im thinking of getting the Pioneer GM-6200F??? good choice??

BRIEF DESCRIPTION

4-channel (F=Four) bridgeable amplifier suitable for either 4-channel or 2-channel (with increased power) usage.

120 Watts x 4 channels of Maximum output (EIAJ specification).
60 Watts x 4 of power (RMS) at CEA-2006 specification (US system).

Low Pass Filter (Subwoofer Crossover) for bass and High Pass Filter for full-range (conventional) speakers means that frequencies amplified are tailored to speaker capabilities.

Speaker Level Input connects to factory-fitted decks for greater application flexibility. Upgrade your factory system without changing the dash.

Thanks guys
Old 10-10-2006, 08:59 AM   #2
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
That should do. I never use an amp for my front stage only when I have subs. Something around 50 or more watts per channel should do if even that.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #3
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Thats the amp I have, I like it. Just make sure that you have two good ground points, otherwise you get crazy alternator noise.

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:22 AM   #4
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
I'd say that amp should be sufficient, and decent, Pioneer makes great equipment. Why a Pioneer amp though (it's not a bad thing, I'm just curious), just to match brands?
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #5
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Eclipse Amps are very efficient. Try the EA4000 or the XA4000.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:01 AM   #6
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Thanks peeps, anyway if that amp will do the job in gettin decent amount of bass then ill guess i have to get it hey.

I dont really want any other brand. Im just sticking with the pioneer theme as i already got the headunit and speakers for it.

:)
Old 11-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #7
Yaris-TJ

Drives: Yaris Sedan ST Barcelona Red
Hi guys! I was looking a thread to toss my question, and I think this may be the right one..first of all, I wanna thank all of you for all the wise advices! I may not be much of helpfull, but I have not been able to mod my Yaris.

I'm looking to do my "kind of" first mod, which will be adding a decent sound system on my sedan. I hope I can do it myself, I'm a DYI person, since I think the owner of the car can take much more attention on details. also all you experiences will help me to make the job much more easy!

Here's what I got so far, or at least is on its way:

-Pioneer DEH-P7800MP
-Infinity Kappa 693.7i 6"x9" 3-way car speakers
-Infinity Kappa 63.7i 6-1/2" 3-way car speakers

The main question is : What AMP model can push these puppies, with some sort of looseness. I kind of like mainstream brands, so MTX or Rockford will be my best shot. 4 - Channel is also a requirement.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Yaris-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #8
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Look for efficiency in an amp.

Class D multi-channel amplifiers are very efficient but they are not as prominent as Class A/B amplifiers.

I suggest alternative brands in your search including Concept, Eclipse, Audison, and Zapco. I listed these in order of prices, low to high.

I have an Eclipse Class D 4-channel amp (model no. XA4000) that is powering my speakers. It's doing an excellent job.