Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #37
rningonfumes

Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT
^^ Hahaha. Sounded like you did win!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:48 AM   #38
JohnnoEH

Drives: 64 Holden 82 Stanza 07 Yaris
^^^^

You are a deadset f*%#ing legend. That is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
* Hope you don't expect me to give you a ride when yours is in the shop

* No, I don't need to stop for gas, I filled up 2 months ago
I can attest to the effectiveness of these two.

One of my roommates drives a bright purple R33 Skyline, with flames stiched into the seats & glovebox and a black carbon fibre bonnet... You get the picture.

He had it for a month before it caught fire, at the moment it's off the road with a leaking clutch line... And he still takes the piss out of my car, saying it's gay and all that crap. I ask him whose car caught fire, if that doesn't shut him up I ask him why he CHOSE to pay $16000 or so for a PURPLE skyline - when I got mine for nothing. If he's still having a go, I just say that I have half a 45L tank left and I've done 400km since filling it up... First time I said that his jaw hit the floor.

One time he put his foot down and raced around me coming back from rugby practice, being a smartarse (after putting heaps of shit on it as we were leaving). So, I figured I'd get him back and screamed around the back way into the carpark and stole his spot - he was just turning in when I appeared and went straight in instead. I just got out and said that it's not the car, but the driver, no-one stopped giving him shit for a week. What's better is I live on campus so everyone on the team was there to witness it...

The other rode a ZX-10R, which was a very nice bike but all I had to do was ask what he does when it rains and he'd shut up. Now he has a Hyosung GT650R, while it's nice bike (I'm looking at buying one at the end of next year), it's off the road at the moment so neither of them can say anything about reliability. And he still gets wet when it rains.

Oh, and I have a fairly hot '64 Holden EH that I hillclimb and I gravel rally an old Datsun so I just challenge them to a (legal) race and they back down pretty quick... Even though their machines should blow the doors off mine.

Last edited by JohnnoEH; 10-25-2009 at 08:05 AM.
JohnnoEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #39
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Sodium Duck
My friend used to make fun of my car all the time. Last month he said he wanted to buy one himself. Joking like that stems from insecurity -- like when someone makes fun of being gay all the time -- it's usually them...

My vote is on, "Hey remember when gas was almost $4.00 a gallon last year?" That'll make 'em squirm a little at least.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:20 AM   #40
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodium Duck View Post
My vote is on, "Hey remember when gas was almost $4.00 a gallon last year?" That'll make 'em squirm a little at least.
I've reminded several folks of that, and asked "How long do you think it'll be before it's back there?"

I got asked the other day, "You're not one of those tree huggers, are you?" Answered with the above.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #41
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
It comes with the territory. Years ago there was always bashing of others Ford, Dodge, or Chevy trucks at lunch time. Men especially take great pride in their cars/trucks. To feel better about their ride they must degrade every one else’s. Every dog has their day and they will be asking what kind of mileage you get.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:42 AM   #42
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
I cant educate the world. Let them learn the hard way every time the pull up to the pump.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #43
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
you cannot overemphasize how much the girls love the yaris.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #44
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
This is very true!! I love my Yarii!!!!!

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #45
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
I would agree with that. Tell them it's a chick magnet
Old 10-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #46
Justme
I've made a post!

Drives: 09 Yaris
Tell them to find another ride.
Justme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #47
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
"I drive it b/c i like it.... that and i don't have to compensate for something i don't have"

Only say that if you really want to be an a-hole. Said that to a friend a few years ago when i drove a civic he was PO'd. Plus the fact that i said to him in front of his girlfriend, and all she did was giggle. I guess i hit a nerve
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #48
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AND189 View Post
i then remebered what the grubby school mate had sad after the traidy said.... "yeh good cum back" i promptly replyed " If i wanted good come back i would lick it off your mums face".... well he got out of his car at the lights of corse i shut all windows and locked doors lol will not be taking advice from thebarber again

ha ha
HAHAHAH....you should've had the wheel wrench on your drivers side, just in handy..

So what happened when he got out of his car?
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #49
mata5346

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
at least you have a car...most dudes front and clown people on there cars..when they are just passengers in homeboy's car...hah
mata5346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:29 PM   #50
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
who cares ?

people see me and that car, and when my girlfriend jumps out
they all shut right the hell up and do their own 'ball' check
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #51
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryota View Post
what do you guys and girls say when your friends try to make fun of your Yaris? a couple of my friends that i get together with a couple times a week always resort back to calling my little lift back gay and telling me i traded in my balls when i bought the car. i have informed them that i'm a broke college student so it is the right price, i can fit just about anything i have ever tried to get into it, i can drive from my driveway to boston on a tank of gas (which is fantastic being in rochester ny) and that that tank only costs me 25$, and it's actually a zippy little car for the engine size... yet when they have nothing left to try to make fun of me for they go back to the Yaris.

what do the rest of you say because i'm sure i'm not the only one who has ever come across this... and quite frankly, i would love to see the end of this from them.
there's lots you can say... (I've never had this problem, people sometimes make comments about safety however... but never blatant remarks to hurt or put me down).

1: Tell them they are Tools and it is sad when "friends" have to resort to putting down a person's material possessions by making degrading comments about gender/sexuality/etc just so they can feel good about themselves.

2:Tell them their argument is flawed because a "insert their derogatory adjectives and nouns here" is somebody who is a follower and can't stand up against a crowd without giving up thier values (like you have been doing for sometime).

3: Tell them they are tools for not respecting your wishes to stay away from the yaris... and that you've confronted them on it multiple times already.

One of my favorites...
4: You said you are in college... if this ever happens on campus... walk your ass (and theirs too if they will follow you, without telling them what you are doing) directly to the students rights & responsibilities office (might be known as something else like student affairs office. Then file a formal complaint of harassment. It'll piss your friends the fuck off... but it will also show them that you got some balls... and that you actually have them by their teeny tiny lil balls. Colleges take that stuff seriously... I once figured it out the hard way. (It won't show up on their police records, but will probably put them on academic probation, and they'll most likely have to do some sort of restitution/work as well), maybe even sit and talk with a mediator for an hour or so (gawd that was hell... that guy just kept saying "I don't think you really feel sorry for what you did, or know the full consequences of your actions."

Last edited by talnlnky; 10-27-2009 at 04:43 PM.
talnlnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #52
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Get some new friends, as yours seem to suck.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote