Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
mc_emily

Drives: R.I.P. "Ghetto Bug" 8/1/09
Question Yaris DOWN! Help! Urgent!

I am on an impossible mission: I bought a 2009 three-door hatchback Toyota Yaris in Yellow Jolt this January when my Volkswagen Bug was totaled by a road rager on the tollway just outside Chicago.

I loved it. I petted it. I nicknamed it "The Ghetto Bug."

Then I totaled it. Or, rather, a 16-year-old kid who had just gotten his driver's license two weeks before totalled it when he decided to TURN INTO THE FRONT DRIVER'S SIDE OF MY CAR HEAD-ON.

As if two, not-at-fault car accidents and a handful of hospital stays weren't bad enough, this last accident is coinciding with Cash for Clunkers. Meaning everyone with a Clunker suddenly has snatched up a Yaris, and I can't find one anywhere in the Chicago area.

Your mission... should you choose to accept it...
  1. Has anyone seen a Yellow Yaris, new or used, for sale? Pretty much anywhere in the Midwest? I'm willing to travel for one! THAT's how much I loved it!
  2. In case I can't find a Yellow Yaris... Which is the color that goes from silver to blue to purple in the light: Meteorite or Bayou Blue? I've been driving yellow cars since I was 18, but I could make an exception.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you so much!
mc_emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

In February when I bought two Yaris sedans (in Barcelona Red and whatever they call that dark gray metallic), my wife and I mentioned that if they'd had a yellow S hatchback we'd've had to buy it. He laughed and said that no dealer would order a yellow Yaris unless they had a VERY special customer already lined up! (He didn't mean that in a nice way, we thought.) Good luck with your quest!
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB
Call Lou Fusz Toyota, Ask for Dave Baily. He is who i bought mine from, he found me the one i wanted in one night! Had it here the next week for me. 314-966-5404 <---- their number
Im in st.louis, Missouri there are a few in the Missouri area, i dont know about Yellow though.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
mc_emily

Well, I am pretty special...

When I was calling around dealerships looking for that first Yaris in January, one told me, "We have an ugly yellow one on the lot," and I was like, THAT'S IT. THAT'S MY CAR. I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
2+2

Drives: 09 3Dr Manual
Now don't anyone flame me. I know this is a Yaris forum and the op is looking for a Yaris. Smart imo since I just bought a Yaris and I'm very happy with it.

Having said that, if you like yellow cars check out the yellow 09 Hyundai Accent. Before I was even shopping for small cars one passed me on the highway and I really liked the looks of it. It's a much lighter yellow than the Yaris and in my opinion the color is more pleasing to the eye. But of course it's not a Yaris. But then 100k warranty is a good selling point. But then it won't get quite the gas mileage. But then...

Good luck with your quest.
2+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
mc_emily

Thanks! And no worries; I have actually looked at the Hyundai Accent. My boyfriend pointed it out to me. I think it kind of looks like a Back to the Future car, but I haven't ruled anything out. ;) I just miss my Yaris!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_emily View Post
Well, I am pretty special...

When I was calling around dealerships looking for that first Yaris in January, one told me, "We have an ugly yellow one on the lot," and I was like, THAT'S IT. THAT'S MY CAR. I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!
HAHAHA!! I did that when I found my tomato-red Yaris!! I practically bought it on the phone (didn't give myself much bargaining power doing that, though).

yeah, any dealer should be able to order the color you want if you're serious, no?

if you miss your Yaris, get yourself a Yaris. You'll regret it if you don't.

PS. You should have named your thread "looking for a yellow Yaris" or something. I thought you were down on the side of the freeway or something!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 AM   #8
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Here's two
http://www.vast.com/cars/used-for-sa...o/color-Yellow
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
Speedjunkiejp

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
Did you get your yellow Yaris?
Speedjunkiejp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags