Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #19
CKaelin

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
so it's people like YOU that us motorcyclists need to be watching out for!!!
Yeah that's sketchy!

My other ride's a Gixxer!
CKaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #20
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
have you gotten an estimate on the cost of repairs? Sorry to hear to hear this Thomas, these things are nothing but an inconvenience and always come at the worst time. But I am very glad everyone is ok. Just goes to show everyone that even if you think you are a very good driver, accidents can happen to anyone. I think this saying fits very well in this situation....."Shit happens".
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #21
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
Sorry to hear this but my experience on Monday was a bad one as well....

Well....here is my embarrassing moment of the year. I get the week between Xmas and New Year's off from work as the plant shuts down. Now....one day the temps rose quite nicely so I threw another coat of sealant on the car. The car looked really, really nice and SUPER clean. So....I really didn't drive it all week. I came outside Monday to get into the car and the whol entire driveway was a sheet of ice....I am not exagerating. When I got near the car to get inside, I slipped and fell on my @$$. Now...this is pretty funny for all of you reading....I must admit and actually, even I can laugh at myself BUT the twist to this is that it wasn't just a slip and fall so that my pride was hurt. This fall happened as I was about to get into my car sooooo.....yes, there goes my knee BAM, a perfect 90 degree smack into the rear panel and as I was going down, my wrist/hand also hit a bit higher up on the panel. NOT GOOD!!! I was extremely pissed off because the panel was dinged in two places! I now have to bring the car to the dealership to have the dent magician remove the carnage. Not good at all.....
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #22
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
what is legal or not legal is a very grey area... heck the police came by and did a u-turn in the exact same spot I did
haha gotta love them.....

sorry bout your crash it sucks so much to crash these cars... I cringe everytime I see one....

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #23
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post

Well....here is my embarrassing moment of the year. I get the week between Xmas and New Year's off from work as the plant shuts down. Now....one day the temps rose quite nicely so I threw another coat of sealant on the car. The car looked really, really nice and SUPER clean. So....I really didn't drive it all week. I came outside Monday to get into the car and the whol entire driveway was a sheet of ice....I am not exagerating. When I got near the car to get inside, I slipped and fell on my @$$. Now...this is pretty funny for all of you reading....I must admit and actually, even I can laugh at myself BUT the twist to this is that it wasn't just a slip and fall so that my pride was hurt. This fall happened as I was about to get into my car sooooo.....yes, there goes my knee BAM, a perfect 90 degree smack into the rear panel and as I was going down, my wrist/hand also hit a bit higher up on the panel. NOT GOOD!!! I was extremely pissed off because the panel was dinged in two places! I now have to bring the car to the dealership to have the dent magician remove the carnage. Not good at all.....
Ouch that sucks. Have any pictures?
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #24
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post

double ouch!!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #25
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
I am going to snap some once the car is clean....I have road salt on it now. I am going to wash the car before taking it into the dealer and take some before and after pictures. I was NOT a happy camper that day and very disappointed with myself but hey...ice is ice. I know a lot of people had trouble's with cars sliding and some other people had stories of falling. None of which though, damaged their cars.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #26
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Sorry to see this Thomas. Hope your car gets back in tip-top shape soon!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #27
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
I feel your pain man.. just glad everyone was ok.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #28
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
NOOOOOO! Not Prikinoo...
Glad everybody was OK, T.

Last edited by tk-421; 01-06-2009 at 11:29 PM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #29
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Drives: 08 Blk LB
sorry to hear about the accident Thomas, it couldn't have happened to a better guy or a nicer Yaris. I'm glad that everyone is ok.

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
m911gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #30
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
dibs on all your parts!

lol

good thing no one was hurt!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #31
BrazdonW
What kind of car is that?

Drives: Yaris 3d liftback
Send a message via AIM to BrazdonW
glad you are ok
sorry to hear about your car :/
Old 01-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #32
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Sorry. If anybody on this forum loved their car it is you eTiMaGo. I've totaled a few in my youth and it never feels good.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #33
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Damn, sorry to hear about this Thomas. Good thing everyone was okay. Keep us posted.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #34
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Just throw a bandaid on it.

33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #35
Ashley87

Drives: 2009 2 door LB Carmine Red
Ugh, I feel your pain. I got in my first accident ever a few weeks back, I turned left in front of an SUV, I felt like a total idiot, I'm usually a great driver. My poor little Aveo was totaled but fared much better than anyone thought it would. But it's ok because I ended up getting my brand new Yaris to replace my Aveo. :)
Ashley87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #36
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
looks like time for some custom CF parts (CF fenders/hood)