Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
FINALLY tinted windows and tails!

So after 8 months, my car looks A LOT more of how I wanted it to look before I even got it. Thanks to two Chris's from this forum haha.

Eyelids bought from KuyaChris! I wanted these from the first time I visited yarisworld before I even test drove a yaris..

Tail lights tinted!! First time I saw this on a car I was driving and was in love, I had no idea you could do this, and then I saw pics online too.. Rage (http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/member.php?u=12673) did this, and he was great. The first time I got them done was by a random neighbor of a friend.. and it was fail, my lights just looked dirty not tinted. The first guy didn't do anything but spray them, and not very dark either. Rage sanded, clear coated, and buffed them, he is a pro!

Here's what it looks like when its dark, I was worried it would block out the light much more but it doesn't.

32% all around, as its finally legal in IL. Done by Rage also!

My camera sucks and adds speckles to pics, but I can assure you my car is clean and shiny :) (well not the wheels hehe)

My current inside.

My lucky dash dragon :P

So ideally I would like to change the color of the console/radio lights sometime, and I need to figure out what to do with the wheels. I like interesting rims, my jaw just drops that outfitting a whole car is almost half a thousand dollars... not sure I'll ever be willing to do that.

Yea all my mods are cosmetic, I've been told to at least get a rear sway bar.. maybe eventually.. I'm just fine with how my car drives now and sure if I get an influx of money I might want to improve it, but right now I just want to focus on cosmetic things that make me happy when I look at my baby =)
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiirenet View Post

Yea all my mods are cosmetic, I've been told to at least get a rear sway bar.. maybe eventually.. I'm just fine with how my car drives now and sure if I get an influx of money I might want to improve it, but right now I just want to focus on cosmetic things that make me happy when I look at my baby =)

I remember when you brought it back from the dealership. Looks a little different now!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
ditch them horrible hubcaps! steelies would look better than them... those were the first thing I got rid of when I got mine.

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
BuildCode

Drives: Black 5-Spd Sedan S
looks sweet, love the blacked out tail lights. Where'd you get the front license plate "extender" mounting plate?
Old 11-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
AzNguy

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan 2009
woah, wished i still lived in IL. :) nice job done.
AzNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
I know tomato, it still feels like I just got it! I cannot believe its been 8 months.. and I still feel like a noob on the forum.. I should really post more..

Idk, I personally like how the hubcaps look versus just taking them off.. but I do want to do something to change the look eventually.

Re: the plate, I didn't get anything extra, that's how it came, I just replaced the dealer plate frame with black ones.
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #7
rage

Drives: 2008 scion xD
i told her she needed to spray paint the hubcaps.. do them Flat Black.. Murder that sucker out.... would go with the whole dark theme
rage is offline   Reply With Quote