Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Setting E-brake

I know I read a forum on here somewhere that talked about taking apart your drum brakes and being able to adjust the e-brake, so this is just another approach. When I got to work last night and pulled up on my e-brake, it gave me little-to-no resistance and clicked like ten times. Well this is no good.

So I took it to Toyota (had to take advantage of my quickly fading warranty). After about thirty minutes of playing on their touch screen monitors while a guy took a look at it, I was pleased to find the simplicity of the solution. Although the guy told me he wouldn't show me how, the guy said all he did was remove the middle console and adjust a wing nut.

I couldn't believe it was that easy. I knew it wasn't my brakes yet, just over 30k miles. At the same time though, I guess he could have lied about how easy it was (but they usually lie and say it's harder so that you feel like you owe them your life). I'll test this theory next time it goes loose, but if anyone is already at that point and would like to try it (or already has) just let me know if he was telling the truth.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
As stated by Loren on a similar thread: http://yarisworld.com/forums/showpos...32&postcount=5
(Original thread)
Old 01-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
oh dang, scratch what i said then