Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-18-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
FoEKuZ

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to FoEKuZ
Drove from Florida to Califorina

Well, Gents..i made it here to cali...

and im sad to say...that on MY ENTIRE trip to califorina..i didnt see ONE, not ONE yaris on the road...but i know i know were new in the game...

but I DID finally see another liftback...i was cruisen on hollywood blvd...and there she was .....white driven on by......it made me smile...

i do have pictures of my yaris next to every welcome to (enter state here) on the way to cali...ill get them posted soon...

and i have an ugly picture of about 400 bugs on my front bumper and lights that i picked up from Florida to Texas...
and another picture of about 200 bugs i picked up from Texas to Cali.( i stopped and got a car wash before i took off from texas to cali)

i mangaged to only spend about 29 bucks to fill up my tank and i drove a good 360 miles before i had to fill up again...if i remember correctly..i only stopped to fill up maybe like 6 or 7 times even if that much....i dont really remember...

well...
FoEKuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:00 PM   #2
ketel0ne

Drives: 2007 Liftback Blazing Blue
Those pics will be a great keepsake for you for years to come. Anything thing suprise you (good), or upset you about the car during the drive?
Old 09-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
FoEKuZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne
Those pics will be a great keepsake for you for years to come. Anything thing suprise you (good), or upset you about the car during the drive?
Everything ran smooth on my yaris...

When i was on 8west in south califorinan they had a sign that says "please turn off your ac so you wont over heat..." I said, "the hell with it" and just blasted my ac kept on goin....

overall satifaction.. GREAT!!! I love jaja....
Old 09-19-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
That's really awesome! Glad everything went well! Can't wait for the pictures!
Old 09-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #5
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
I took a trip to Boston and then the following weekend to NC... Smooth sailing the whole way.

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:23 PM   #6
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
Stop It, guys I'm jealous. I haven't gotten mine yet and when I do I'll be doing a lot of driving between NYC and Ottawa, Canada. Which is where I first saw the Yaris which is omnipresent in that country..
Old 09-20-2006, 03:28 PM   #7
daq421
MPG is the new cool

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan (silver) Auto
Send a message via AIM to daq421
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoEKuZ
Everything ran smooth on my yaris...

When i was on 8west in south califorinan they had a sign that says "please turn off your ac so you wont over heat..." I said, "the hell with it" and just blasted my ac kept on goin....

overall satifaction.. GREAT!!! I love jaja....
Please share more details with us.. How was the car over mountains? High winds? Really hot (or Cold) weather?

-Peter
Old 09-20-2006, 05:07 PM   #8
FoEKuZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by daq421
Please share more details with us.. How was the car over mountains? High winds? Really hot (or Cold) weather?

-Peter
I have 20% tint all around, df210 lowering springs....so in the curving moutain desert roads, the yaris was moving like a champ...
I had my ac at 2(because 4 gets to cold for me)...so i was comfortable the whole way...

there were actually really high winds down when i got to cali......but the yaris stuck to the ground...when i would pass 18wheelers..same...just kept on going....

dust storms in arizona..but that was nothing...

80mph signs in west texas...which i loved....(but be careful when going into el paso county...i actually got pulled over for doing 86mph in a 70 zone.....)

i didnt see that the speed sign changed from 80 to 70..

the lady cop gave me a warning and told me to just be aware of the signs...I said yes ma'am and was on my way...

louisanna was moist and the air was filled with bugs that decided to hitch a ride on the front of my ride...

mississippi and bama was a blur...i got in an out of those states in a couple of hours...

anything else just ask...

Mike

Last edited by FoEKuZ; 09-20-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:40 PM   #9
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
What color is your Liftback?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #10
daq421
MPG is the new cool

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan (silver) Auto
Send a message via AIM to daq421
Quote:
I have 20% tint all around, df210 lowering springs....so in the curving moutain desert roads, the yaris was moving like a champ...
I had my ac at 2(because 4 gets to cold for me)...so i was comfortable the whole way...

there were actually really high winds down when i got to cali......but the yaris stuck to the ground...when i would pass 18wheelers..same...just kept on going....

dust storms in arizona..but that was nothing...

80mph signs in west texas...which i loved....(but be careful when going into el paso county...i actually got pulled over for doing 86mph in a 70 zone.....)

i didnt see that the speed sign changed from 80 to 70..

the lady cop gave me a warning and told me to just be aware of the signs...I said yes ma'am and was on my way...

louisanna was moist and the air was filled with bugs that decided to hitch a ride on the front of my ride...

mississippi and bama was a blur...i got in an out of those states in a couple of hours...

anything else just ask...

Mike
Thank you, thats what I wanted to know.. The Yaris is my families new road car. We travel many miles a year in our mission to see all of this beautiful country (and Canada).
-Peter
Old 09-21-2006, 10:40 AM   #11
FoEKuZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000
What color is your Liftback?
Absolutly Red
Old 09-23-2006, 07:30 PM   #12
Bryman31

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Quote:
Well, Gents..i made it here to cali...

and im sad to say...that on MY ENTIRE trip to califorina..i didnt see ONE, not ONE yaris on the road...but i know i know were new in the game...

but I DID finally see another liftback...i was cruisen on hollywood blvd...and there she was .....white driven on by......it made me smile...

i do have pictures of my yaris next to every welcome to (enter state here) on the way to cali...ill get them posted soon...

and i have an ugly picture of about 400 bugs on my front bumper and lights that i picked up from Florida to Texas...
and another picture of about 200 bugs i picked up from Texas to Cali.( i stopped and got a car wash before i took off from texas to cali)

i mangaged to only spend about 29 bucks to fill up my tank and i drove a good 360 miles before i had to fill up again...if i remember correctly..i only stopped to fill up maybe like 6 or 7 times even if that much....i dont really remember...

well...

also did a road trip here ya go

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1916

Bryman31 is offline   Reply With Quote