Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-16-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Arkhangel

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Question about amp wiring

Is there a way i can wire my amp so that it turns on when i turn on the radio?
at the moment the way its wired it turns on automatically when i turn to the key to accessories, and well i get a low hiss out of the speakers

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. --Tom Clancy
Arkhangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkhangel View Post
Is there a way i can wire my amp so that it turns on when i turn on the radio?
at the moment the way its wired it turns on automatically when i turn to the key to accessories, and well i get a low hiss out of the speakers
not sure if the stock radio will support this.

if you're getting a low hiss, there's something wrong with your amp/wiring. a good amp/wiring should be quiet with no input from the deck

you could always put the amp remote turn on on a switch....
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
not sure if its the same between the sedan in the hatchback, but i have my remote amp turn on wired so whenever i turn the radio on the amp turns on as well.

I don't remember which wire it is but there is one back there, maybe pink? I am sure someone can tell you. Make sure you add a small inline fuse on there like .10 amp or however small it is

Also where did you ground the amp, you might have an unclean connection
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
with aftermarket decks there is usually I think a blue wire... maybe its a blue/white wire... or a yellow.... bah... almost positive its blue.... you can tell how often i do deck installs (they suck).

anyways.. that power antenna/remote turn on wire is the key.

if you're running a stock deck with an aftermarket deck.... WHY?, "sqcomp" was talking about doing that... but he's going to be doing a full on sq install using a ton of electronics... he could probably tell you how he plans on doing it....

I did it with a sub amp on a very small install once... can't remember if the sub amp auto-detected the signal... or if I found a wire by the radio that did the trick... sorry.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
pennyracer
boydstir

Drives: 08 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to pennyracer Send a message via Yahoo to pennyracer
the blue wire is the remote turn on for the amps yellow is for power antenna all else fails read the manuel :)
pennyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #6
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
There are some schems on this part of the forums that have our wiring as I remember...it may be a sticky.

Taln is correct. I am in the "collection" phase at this moment. After the roadkill and ensolite goes in, then it's the Autopage RS1000 with the C3 upgrade...I'm still waiting for the release of a certain three way comp set. Sparks Toyota has been kind enough to sell me some replacement A-pillar covers (SRS airbag ones). We'll mount both the mid and tweet up high, built out from the pillar covers instead of INTO the covers. I'm not messing with the bags if someone wants to t-bone my car. I'm really exited to place the comps...the imaging is going to be spectacular!

*cough*

Sorry bout that.

There's no reason to use BOTH a stock source AND an aftermarket source, unless you're a glutton for punishment. If you want to keep the stock source, find a good LOC. Not one of those cheapy POS ones. Get one from Audio Control, RF, JL, Audison...or if you insist on minimalism, do an AS2000 (Navone Engineering) LOC or maybe even a Soundgate LOC.

Do you have an integrated source or one of the sources that pop out pretty easily?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
Arkhangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
not sure if the stock radio will support this.

if you're getting a low hiss, there's something wrong with your amp/wiring. a good amp/wiring should be quiet with no input from the deck

you could always put the amp remote turn on on a switch....

that what i thought there should be no noise but, there is
its a low his ive rewired everything a couple of times, made sure amp power cables where on one side of the car and that the rca input cables where on the other
some say a grounding kit would eliminate the hiss...
on that ive given up with the stereo on you cant tell there is noise in the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
There are some schems on this part of the forums that have our wiring as I remember...it may be a sticky.

Taln is correct. I am in the "collection" phase at this moment. After the roadkill and ensolite goes in, then it's the Autopage RS1000 with the C3 upgrade...I'm still waiting for the release of a certain three way comp set. Sparks Toyota has been kind enough to sell me some replacement A-pillar covers (SRS airbag ones). We'll mount both the mid and tweet up high, built out from the pillar covers instead of INTO the covers. I'm not messing with the bags if someone wants to t-bone my car. I'm really exited to place the comps...the imaging is going to be spectacular!

*cough*

Sorry bout that.

There's no reason to use BOTH a stock source AND an aftermarket source, unless you're a glutton for punishment. If you want to keep the stock source, find a good LOC. Not one of those cheapy POS ones. Get one from Audio Control, RF, JL, Audison...or if you insist on minimalism, do an AS2000 (Navone Engineering) LOC or maybe even a Soundgate LOC.

Do you have an integrated source or one of the sources that pop out pretty easily?
the LOC i have is a simple cable to Rca Thingy(lol over here there called BTL no idea why) i think it was like $15(guess that the POS you where talking about?) will look into that further

but my biggest concern is that when i the the key the amps are automatically on
thats what i would like to remedy, have them turn on when i turn the radio on, is ir posible, i thought that was what the remote cable was for

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. --Tom Clancy
Old 03-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
Arkhangel

By the way its the Stock HU

Old 03-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
You can use the antenna amplifier output from the stock radio:
It is the black wire in terminal 8 of the D10 connector:

Pin #9 is the Amplifier switched power output on the Toyota D10 connector, but I am not sure if it is actually used on the stock HU (or on any variation of the Yaris).
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote