Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
Qmobile
that's right I went there

Drives: '08 Blazin' Blue,'10 Dark Red
new look

Well I need a new look for my ride...I was thinkg about: A. getting a different underglow kit B. Doin' a lil more LED work on the outside C: and a lil LED work on the inside. By that I'm htink about gettin' some washer nossles (with blue LED of course), and a lighted L-plate frame for the front(if it'll work with the protector) linkin them to a switch maybe 2 and putting some LED strips on the inside linked up the thier own switch. Anybody got any input? Keep in mind that this IS drivin all year 'round and is shown in shows

suggestions always welcome
Qmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
add LED's inside of your wheel wells so they light up your rims from the inside, and then add some inside the grills too.
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
oh and the LED mirror covers are always hot...
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
vboy127

Drives: 2002 Honda Civic Si
Too much after market lighting can kill a car's look IMO. But, considering this is a show car. :P I am highly against the leds on your windshield washer nozzles, but the idea of some lighting behind the wheels isn't bad.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
LEDs in the engine bay shining out the front grill..... FTW!!!
LEDs on your washer nozzles..?!?!?!? NOT FTW! :{
let me know how you wire up the LEDs... I've been meaning to add some LED eyebrows on my headlights<3

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
Qmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LlIoN View Post
add LED's inside of your wheel wells so they light up your rims from the inside, and then add some inside the grills too.
Hmm that dose sound hot! I see a perfect spot behind the grill where I can do the upper grill 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAR1S View Post
LEDs in the engine bay shining out the front grill..... FTW!!!
LEDs on your washer nozzles..?!?!?!? NOT FTW! :{
let me know how you wire up the LEDs... I've been meaning to add some LED eyebrows on my headlights<3
I belive the term your lookin' for is FTL. What about a lil on the inside? I'm just thinkin' the footwells maybe in the area in front of the gearshift

Old 11-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
enobmort42
First time DIYer

Drives: '07 LB Polar White
Send a message via AIM to enobmort42
i did lights in the footwells and rear cup holders. looks awesome at night when they're all lit up :D
Old 11-14-2009, 07:03 AM   #8
Greenthunder

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmobile View Post
Well I need a new look for my ride...I was thinkg about: A. getting a different underglow kit B. Doin' a lil more LED work on the outside C: and a lil LED work on the inside. By that I'm htink about gettin' some washer nossles (with blue LED of course), and a lighted L-plate frame for the front(if it'll work with the protector) linkin them to a switch maybe 2 and putting some LED strips on the inside linked up the thier own switch. Anybody got any input? Keep in mind that this IS drivin all year 'round and is shown in shows
I've been telling you for a long time man, lower that car! It needs it badly, plus LEDS aren't going to really show up during car shows man and a lowered clean Yaris would look a lot more unique too. Save up over winter man and buy a decent suspension for spring time. Thats my two cents man.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #9
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
i have a hood and side skirts for sale :) that would do it :)
Old 11-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #10
Qmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenthunder View Post
I've been telling you for a long time man, lower that car! It needs it badly, plus LEDS aren't going to really show up during car shows man and a lowered clean Yaris would look a lot more unique too. Save up over winter man and buy a decent suspension for spring time. Thats my two cents man.
your not gonna let me live that down are you?......yeah mite do that.....throw some DF's and struts under there.....Garm's gonna get to know me pretty well I think

Old 11-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #11
Qmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyGiant View Post
i have a hood and side skirts for sale :) that would do it :)
Your right that would do it IF I had the dough

Old 11-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #12
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenthunder View Post

^agreed! lowering is the most dramatic single thing you can do to a car(especially our '4x4' yaris) visually - and it helps out in the handling department too(if done right). it was the first thing i did to mine and i still find myself checking it out everytime i walk to it! however, i'm not gonna lie to you and say it's perfect. i REALLY have to pay attention when driving - not necessarily a bad thing - and speed bumps/potholes literally give me sweats! i have scraped my frame so many times and i'm afraid to put an aftermarket exhaust on for fear of tearing it off(i already scrape the factory one going up my driveway -even when creeping). winter is going to be a nightmare i think and i have to drive my wife's yaris(unlowered) anytime i need to carry heavy loads in the back(twice a week with my job).

i still defend the lowering to the wife because i believe the looks alone(not even considering the slight increase in handling) are worth the extra trouble, but that's just me! i've seen your yaris(dayton meet) and it looks great and while i agree with greenthunder with the lowering i thought you should know all the details. also, if you aren't mechanically inclined you might want to consider somebody doing the install for you. it's not as bad as some say, but it did take me an afternoon taking my time and reading the diy. don't forget - 17mm OFFSET box wrench and 6mm hex if you don't have an impact wrench!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote