Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-22-2010, 04:19 AM   #1
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
shakes really bad

hi people

please help the car just came back from the panel shop, and my car shakes so bad that i cant get more then 60kms, they tried balancing the wheels, please help

the wheels are going back for repairs, is there anything else i must look out for
Old 06-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Do you feel the vibration in the steering wheel. What kind of wheels do you have. Alloy wheels are a little tricky to balance and if you have a new person balacing it they may try to counterbalance if you look at your wheel there should only be one weight on the inside and the outside. Not all over the place like 2 or 3 at different spots.

Another thing is if you have aftermarket wheels and your wheels are balance make sure they are hubcentric. If not you will have to get hub rings or lugcentric nuts that center your wheel to the hub. Or you will get crazy vibration.

To get a visual idea you can see the plastic ring that goes over the hub to center the wheel. Without it the wheel can be installed crooked/slightly off center. This can be temporarly corrected till you can purchase them if that is the case if someone holds the wheel centered best as possible while someone quickly zips them down with a impact. Verses hanging the wheels ont he car and then ziping them down which is what everyone does 99.9 percent of the time.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Drives: Yaris 2006
Send a message via MSN to aucorium
yeah you 100% right Yaris sedan , i had the same issue , it was my spikot rings that werent correct , so make sure they put them all back , im sure thats the issue , and that all the wheels are tight
aucorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:10 AM   #4
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
Quote:
Originally Posted by aucorium View Post
yeah you 100% right Yaris sedan , i had the same issue , it was my spikot rings that werent correct , so make sure they put them all back , im sure thats the issue , and that all the wheels are tight
hi buddy
thanks went to domingo's wheel and tire where i bought the mags from they said the repairs was done like its ass,when they put the face back they didnt do it right so the wheels warp again, thats why the shake is so bad, they going to redo all my mags for me and redo the daimond cut again, got my insurance company to hold the panelbeaters chq until im happy with the car again and until it drives like it use to before they got their stupid hands on it,

thanks for all the help i looked for that spikot and it is there,but domingo's said they will fit new ones when the mags are done,
Old 07-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #5
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Drives: Yaris 2006
Send a message via MSN to aucorium
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazier View Post
hi buddy
thanks went to domingo's wheel and tire where i bought the mags from they said the repairs was done like its ass,when they put the face back they didnt do it right so the wheels warp again, thats why the shake is so bad, they going to redo all my mags for me and redo the daimond cut again, got my insurance company to hold the panelbeaters chq until im happy with the car again and until it drives like it use to before they got their stupid hands on it,

thanks for all the help i looked for that spikot and it is there,but domingo's said they will fit new ones when the mags are done,
sweet bro , glad u sorted !
aucorium is offline   Reply With Quote