Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
c-dub

Drives: 2008 yaris
need info on a 08 with tranny leak

i'm a total newb to the import scene, my whole life has been spent under ford mustangs and bronco's' the other day i put the wifes yaris on a lift for a oil change and found a class 1 oil leak on the bottom of what i guess is the tranny. i should have got a pic, but thought it would be going to the dealer for warranty work. turns out warrenty was up at 65,000 miles, wife thought it was one hundred. anyway she was told that the tranny never needed service and never add fluid. how can i check and fill if needed? were can i get a shop repair manual as i feel i'll be under this car more in the future.
c-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Here's the link to the 07 service manual, which is posted here. Everything is the same for her 08. The documentation for both the AT and the MT are there.

http://www.etimago.com/yaris/repairmanual/
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
c-dub

thats what i needed. now i can find the issue. thank you for the link, just cant tell the wife or my hony do list will get real long real fast.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Are you sure it's the tranny gear oil ? Might want to take a look for motor oil at the back of the engine on the passenger side nearest to the timing chain cover . It can run all the way from the top of the block to the oil pan and down under . Tell us what you discover . Post pics if possible and good luck on finding the source .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
c-dub

not sure of anything right now. its not a major leak and i thought it was still under warranty @ 65k. guess not. next oil change i'll know a little more. it looks/ tasted like gear oil, thought all new gear boxes used a auto fluid in them, but i'm still way behind the curve on these rides. right now it looks like the seam where the manual trans sub cover meets the trans axle (the lowest point of course). fluid looked to clean to be motor oil. we will see.