Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-22-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
gabriel2012

Drives: 2011 Base Sedan
looking to add power locks to 07 HB

Okay so my car has power nothing and I was wondering if its possible to get a keyless entry system installed(OEM), I would like to add power locks, I don't really need windows.

if not which aftermarket kit would you guys recommend? is it an easy install or very difficult?

thanks
gabriel2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
OEM would be very expensive (on the order of >$1000). You could do an aftermarket install for well under $200. A few people on here have used the A1electric cable actuated power door lock kits.

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...Code=W01C-712T
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
gabriel2012

Thanks for the reply scott

I have a few questions though,
is this a hard install? any special requirements?

will this system interfere with the stock alarm that is activated when the manual locks are closed?(this alarm is a feature on puerto rico vehicles according to the manual)

also a bit off topic while I was searching I found info on a push to start module you were working on, can you lead me to a thread with the info on it?
does it work for people with manual locks like me?

thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel2012 View Post
Thanks for the reply scott

I have a few questions though,
is this a hard install? any special requirements?

will this system interfere with the stock alarm that is activated when the manual locks are closed?(this alarm is a feature on puerto rico vehicles according to the manual)

also a bit off topic while I was searching I found info on a push to start module you were working on, can you lead me to a thread with the info on it?
does it work for people with manual locks like me?

thanks

It's not too bad to install. There is a thread on here somewhere with pictures of someone's install. The alarm won't be an issue since the actuators act like you are opening the door with the key.

For the Push to Start, I don't recall if I have any threads on here about it, but there are a couple on MicroImage. It is just for starting/stopping the engine, so it doesn't matter if you have manual locks.

Development of my Push to Start module:
http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...ke-It-Work!...

Push to Start OEM Trim Pieces for Liftbacks:
http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...=push+to+start
Old 11-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
gabriel2012

thanks for the help scott, right now I contacted a local installer and he says he can add power locks + an aftermarket alarm for $175.00, do you think that is a good deal?
he also told me his wife has a yaris hb and the aftermarket alarm does not interfere with the stock one.

the only thing I'm worried about is finding another remote in case I lose one :/
Old 11-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel2012 View Post
thanks for the help scott, right now I contacted a local installer and he says he can add power locks + an aftermarket alarm for $175.00, do you think that is a good deal?
he also told me his wife has a yaris hb and the aftermarket alarm does not interfere with the stock one.

the only thing I'm worried about is finding another remote in case I lose one :/
That's definitely a good deal, as long as he knows what his is doing. With the aftermarket alarms or keyless entry systems, you can purchase additional/replacement remotes.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
Is it possible to add auto start and keyless entry *locking and unlocking doors* to Manual locks without screwing up anything or the red flashing light on the dash?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post
Is it possible to add auto start and keyless entry *locking and unlocking doors* to Manual locks without screwing up anything or the red flashing light on the dash?
Yes. The flashing light is just the engine immobilizer indicator. You will need a transponder key bypass module along with a remote starter to bypass the immobilizer for starting. You don't need one if you are just doing power locks.