Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
[Q] Android head units?

Anyone know of any Android head units? Would love to have a nice 7" double din with gingerbread+ on it and tether to my phone for pandora, youtube, market or other aps.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
couple other members have strapped 7" tablets behind the opening, I will be doing the same too shortly :)

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
i highly doubt any head unit maker would use anything open source, i'd also be shocked if you couldn't get a connector for most android phones to connect them to head units. Give it a year or two and you'll be able to buy head units that can access the net and all that comes with it. Toyota is advertising that capability on its new cars now.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
yeah but do they let you play Angry Birds while you drive?

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
i highly doubt any head unit maker would use anything open source, i'd also be shocked if you couldn't get a connector for most android phones to connect them to head units. Give it a year or two and you'll be able to buy head units that can access the net and all that comes with it. Toyota is advertising that capability on its new cars now.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/28/c...ng-mirage-ivi/
Old 04-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
Spidermandud

Drives: Black '08 Yaris Hatch S
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
yeah but do they let you play Angry Birds while you drive?
I think it's still illegal in most states to have it rigged to be able to play movies or anything like that if it can be viewed from the driver's seat.

...but if you've got a long wait at Taco Hell....................................
Old 04-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinlamothe View Post
they're totally nuts. I just have to assume it is so customized that it wouldn't run on anything else. Never mind not allowing people to hack into all that software and steal it. Or download the thousand of apps that are viruses.

will be interesting to see if it sells or not.