Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
adrew

Drives: '12 L 3-door 5-speed
'11 owner bought a '12 -- rubber floor mats? Arm rest?

We bought a '11 base 3-door/5-speed a year ago and have been very happy with it -- so when my better half finished up her degree and rejoined the workforce, we realized we needed another car.

We briefly considered a leftover base '11 Corolla 5-speed due to the huge amount of incentives on them, but it sold before I could get to the dealership. So we just decided to get the only 5-speed "L" 2012 3-door they had on the lot, in silver. I got it for just over invoice + 2.9% financing.

It is quite a bit more refined than the 2011, with a better ride and less road/tire noise. It feels like it has a stiffer suspension but more squirrely tires (H-rated 175/65/15 Goodyear Assurance FuelMax instead of 185/60/15 Bridgestone RE92s on the '11).

I love the fancier stereo with USB input as well as the trip computer with instantaneous/average mileage and range. The mono wiper is also fun to watch in operation and there is less wind noise/buffeting when driving around with one window open. I am disappointed, however, that the base car no longer comes with the excellent split/folding/reclining seat.

Anyway, I want to get some rubber floor mats and a center armrest. I have MacNeil/Weathertech mats in our '11 (which are great) but can't find anything for the '12. And are there any aftermarket or OEM center armrests for the '12 yet?

Any suggestions would be great...

Thanks.

adrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
Vail

Drives: Yaris MY 2012 1.3 Style
Hi, here's some suggestion for the armrest designed for the MY2012
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38913
Vail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
Aww. Drew! You didn't.

I was primed to put my '09 up for sale soon and was thinking of PM'ing you on Car Lounge first since I remember you mentioning that you had been looking for a second car.

So this means that you and the spouse will bring the '12 to St Simon's next time, yes? lol

All of that said, I don't know as much about '12s as far as mats. Probably some overly marked up set from the dealer, otherwise, maybe the cut-to-fit Weathertechs? They'll almost surely be out with a set soon, as the '12s haven't been out that long. I know there is a '12 armrest. I'll have to look for it, I just saw it the other day.

-C

EDIT: Vail linked the armrest. Hurr durr, read the thread, Chris, read the thread.

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
adrew

Thanks for the info on the armrest.

I wrote WeatherTech about the floor mats and got a response saying that they were in development:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive,

The floorliners for the 2012 Yaris are in the middle of being engineering. It will be about nine weeks before those floorliners are available. With this being said I would not recommend ordering the 2011 Yaris floorliners. If you go back to our web page at mats.com you will see a customer service area located at the top right of the page. If you click on that you should see a product request form located second from bottom. If you fill that form out not only will our engineering staff see a request there for the items and vehicle but when they are available they will notify you of that. If you have any further questions and or concerns please feel free to contact me. Have a great day.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
adrew

We drove the new one and were actually surprised how much nicer it is than the '11. It is much quieter and MUCH smoother over rough pavement and railroad tracks. The oem tires are a bit squirrely but handle okay once you let them take a set. I don't care for the back seat but if we need to haul anything we can use the older one.

The stability/traction control is much less intrusive and the ABS is much more refined in the new one.

Thanks for the offer but we are done wth used cars -- love the warranty and now the free maintenance. It was basically down to this, the Mazda2 and a leftover '11 Corolla that I could've got for cheap. We Just decided to get another one and be nerds since we liked the first one so much.

Other nice things are the standard power locks and fancier stereo with USB and iPod controls. The mono wiper is pretty cool to watch as well.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
adrew

...and it will definitely be on SSI at some point. We are planning a move to the southeast to be closer to family (hate it here in DFW).
Old 04-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

I test drove one and I liked some things about it, and the exterior styling is definitely an improvement, and even though it's made of better materials, the critical parts of the interior turned me off. IE: One glove box as opposed to three, the non-split rear seats, the cupholders are now in stupid locations, and so it goes on. I just wasn't as impressed with the functionality as much as I hoped to be. Although I will concede wholeheartedly that it looks better, it drives better, the mono wiper is awesome (but on the particular car I drove, noisy) and MAN I WANT THAT FAT CHUNKY WHEEL FROM THE SE.

Glad you're liking yours so far though. And cool that you got a deal on it. I don't blame you, I'd take the free maintenance and warranty over my 81K mile ride any day.

-C

EDIT: Hate DFW? That's surprising. Most people I've known that end up in Dallas love it. They are all massive Cowboys fans though. What region were you thinking of moving to?

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
adrew

Yeah, it's too hot, flat and sprawly here for us.

My sister and brother-in-law live out in the country just south of Athens. We like that area quite a bit (good food, lots of nerds) and all the trees, mountains and parks. I couldn't live on SSI since I don't want to work at a hotel or sell real estate.

The rest of my family is on SSI so the only real criteria is somewhere where I can drive there and back on a long weekend. I would do Savannah, Jax or anywhere with a university or Costco.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrew View Post
Yeah, it's too hot, flat and sprawly here for us.

My sister and brother-in-law live out in the country just south of Athens. We like that area quite a bit (good food, lots of nerds) and all the trees, mountains and parks. I couldn't live on SSI since I don't want to work at a hotel or sell real estate.

The rest of my family is on SSI so the only real criteria is somewhere where I can drive there and back on a long weekend. I would do Savannah, Jax or anywhere with a university or Costco.
I see your point. It does get obscenely hot there. It's not far behind here, but I know you're familiar with the area already with GSU and all. Athens is awesome, but I'm a little biased since doing nearly three years at Georgia. I don't think I could live on the Golden Isles either, but it is a great vacation/touristy weekend spot.

I'd go Athens first, then maybe Savannah. Has Beaufort/Bluffton popped up on your radar? It is across the border, but really not that far and it's 'quiet' there in comparison to Savannah. No Costco in Savannah, but there are three Sam's Clubs. Not the same, I know. Closest Costco I know of is either Jacksonville or Charleston.

Sorry for the thread jack.

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
Strider199

Drives: Black 2012 Yaris 3door 5speed
adrew
My 2012 3 door Yaris came with factory rubber floor mats and a set of those carpet ones in the hatch(guess these are for summer). Try the dealership for the mats. They exist, I have them with the locking tabs on the drivers Mat.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
Micropurchase

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
You can also make some custom ones yourself. I bought a roll of vinyl diamond plate mat online (http://buyfloormats.net/diamondmat36) and used the carpet mats as patterns to trace on the mat and then cut them out. I used the same vinyl diamond plate mat to line the trunk and the back of the seat for greater wear durability. I will be purchasing WeatherTech Digital mats if/when they produce them.
Micropurchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:51 AM   #12
Micropurchase

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
DigitalFit Floorliners are now available from WeatherTech for the 2012 Yaris -
http://www.weathertech.com/toyota/20...er-digitalfit/
Micropurchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #13
mirapatec

Drives: 2012 Yaris L, 2020 Yaris LE HB
Apparently, in the warmer climates, all we get are the sumer carpet mats. I would be interested in some winter mats since we do have rain and sludge down my way.

As for an arm rest, while it would be nice, I am already geting used to not having one.

mirapatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
adrew

Yeah, I found these a few months ago. Haven't ordered them yet.
https://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.co...product=332804