Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #1
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Smile Yaris owners into EDM

OK

So which Yaris owners here are EDM (electronic dance music) freaks?

Trance, house, techno ... (and I guess to a lesser degree breaks, DnB and jungle, but I dont like those genres at all myself... I need a 4x4 beat! ... but that said, I'd easily still take them over pop or top 40 or hip hop or rap or country ANY DAY of the bloody week!!!).

Also a big fan of euro or happy hardcore (though I dont generally find myself at clubs that play that kinda music very often.)

Until lately, trance has been my fav genre, but since last July after WEMF (World Electronic Music Festival) here in Ontario, techno has taken over my life and replaced trance as my favourite genre and new passion.

I find it so much more fun to dance to. I seem of late to get somewhat bored and tired at an event/club that is all trance all night (by all night, I mean generally 11pm till around 8am the morning the next day).

By 5 or 6am I find I'm loosing too much steam to give my heart into staying and dancing. Find myself just standing around appreciating the DJ less enthusiastically.

Whereas with techno, I'm just so driven by the beasts now... I'm going strong till the end, just wanna bust it until the damn lights come on and we are forced to call it a morning.

Aurally, I prolly still enjoy trance more, but when it comes to dancing, techno is where my soul and passion is at.

Any other EDM kids here driving Yarises?? What genre is your fav? Do hit up EDM clubs, or just appreciate the music in your homes, bedrooms, cars?

I know I cant be the only person here that busts out the trance or techno in their Yaris ride!

Old 03-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #2
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
are you rollin lately?
I'm still a big fan of Trance and Techno, even those hip hop is a little bit fun now a day.
I'm listen to most of Trance (best melody with cool bass) all the time in my car.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Moose
Resident Redneck

Drives: 07 Polar White Yaris Sedan 5M
If I'm in a "trance," it's usually alcohol-related.
1985 Toyota Celica GTS Coupe 5M- track whip
http://www.importlounge.com
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
If I'm in a "trance," it's usually alcohol-related.
alcohol and trance are best friends!

i always make sure my 2 buddies Beer and Trance are with me at any and every party. They just get along so well, and really make everything better.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
You'll hear only heavy metal (80's vintage) blasting out of my Yaris. Im old but i still rock.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
that's pretty much all i listen to these days. radio sucks.

sander van doorn is coming to dallas in june. i can't wait. he's been my favorite producer/dj for close to two years now. he just keeps pumping out hit after hit and they get better every time.

i haven't dj'd in awhile so i know i'm real rusty. i want to do a gig up at the local coffee shop again but i've been so busy lately...
Old 03-22-2007, 02:51 PM   #7
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmoe View Post
that's pretty much all i listen to these days. radio sucks.

sander van doorn is coming to dallas in june. i can't wait. he's been my favorite producer/dj for close to two years now. he just keeps pumping out hit after hit and they get better every time.

i haven't dj'd in awhile so i know i'm real rusty. i want to do a gig up at the local coffee shop again but i've been so busy lately...
Saw SVD back in Oct at Guvernment (a huge club in toronto) ... he blew me away! I was highly impressed with him that night. I've only downlaoded a handful of his sets though. But i've alwasy enjoyed them.

I think one of the reasons was bc he plays pretty techy, and with me really feeling techno these days, the tech aspect to his set really hit a spot for me that night.

He played here again on NYE in Windsor... and I believe hes coming back to TO sometime real soon, within the next month. Not sure if ill be seeing him then or not.

I must admit, I see great things for him and his sound. Hes really building a name for himself... he deserves the recognition he's starting to get. Glad his name is getting more out there

I'd take SVD over Armin or Ferry ANY day of the week.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:56 PM   #8
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

yeah, sander is the man. i like his purple haze tracks but he hasn't released any under that name in awhile. they have more of a progressive trance style with a dash of tech.

techy trance is definitely my genre of choice.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #9
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

^^ When it comes to trance, the only DJs/producers I still freakin love and are still high in my books are Rank 1 (Piet... Bono the other half doesnt DJ, just produces w/ Piet) and Johan Gielen.

Gielen is 'the man' on the decks. Amazing technically... very experimentative... and the Belgium just has such a presence! LOVE JOHAN. They way he f*cks around w/ the mixer.... so great to see for a change. Dont get many (trance) DJs that mess around a great deal w/ the mixers like Johan does.... you see it ALL the time though with techno.

Techno wise, my fav DJ is D.A.V.E. The Drummer, who is just phenomenal. The man is top notch... after seeing him live at WEMF playing on a renegade stage, was the moment techno took over trance in my life. His set freaking BLEW ME AWAY... I hadnt been so inspired in years. I felt like it was my first party again.

I also love Mark EG... mostly all acid techno, hard techno and hardstyle.... teh man is BONKERS... ive never seen a more f*cked up DJ in my life... hes incredible to behold... he "watching" him is an experience. Ive never seen a DJ toilet paper his booth before, or hold up CDs and give them the finger for the 5 mins (basically saying he spins vinyl and doesnt respect CDs) and then 30 mins later, bust a pack of water bottles over his head and have them spill all over his one deck and destroy it, so in the middle of his set he had to switch to a CDJ! Brilliant. It was so ironic too.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:01 PM   #10
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
yeah, sander is the man. i like his purple haze tracks but he hasn't released any under that name in awhile. they have more of a progressive trance style with a dash of tech.
Yeah! Adrenaline is one of the most ultimate, intense trance tracks produced in the last 2 years. In the top 5 anyways, IMO

GOD that track would blow my mind whenever I heard it dropped.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #11
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

rank 1 - top gear

armin hammered that one a ton in 2005. one of the best tracks from rank 1 and i still play it in my sets.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #12
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
I love Techno and Trance ...

but I always prefer any Rock more than anything else...
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:19 PM   #13
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
rank 1 - top gear

armin hammered that one a ton in 2005. one of the best tracks from rank 1 and i still play it in my sets.
Top Gear is a tight track... that baseline definitely gets me pumped up, esp when Piet drops it.

But one of my ALL-TIME fave tracks, is Breathing (Breaks Dub) by Rank 1.

It is the most phenomenal remix... blows the original away IMO. When Rank 1 (Piet) was here back in the fall of 2005 he actually played this track for me and pointed at me on the Guv stage when it dropped. He came to a pre-meet many of us had before heading to the club, and chilled with us for a few hours at the pub until he had to go back to his hotel to have a quit nap before his gig. He was closing, so he didnt come on till 3 or 4am I think it was that night.

Anyways, I had told him how brilliant I though that remix was, that it was one of my top 3 favourite songs, and so he dropped it in his set that night. Absolutley INCREDIBLE moment.

** hehe, side note, but one of my friends went over to Ibiza to live and work there this past summer, from May till September. She was talking to Piet and she told me that he actually mentioned me, remembered who I was bc of my extreme love for this track. Really stuck out in his memory. I was so shocked he recalled me specifically and mentioned to Andrea!!

hes such a professional too. One of hte best I've ever seen at acutally reading a crowd. Piet knows his stuff and is simply incredible.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #14
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

how do you feel about markus schulz? i haven't heard any of his mixes lately. he used to be up at the top of my list regarding producers/dj's but i haven't heard much from him in the past few months. he came to dallas last year and we went to see him. it was a really, really great show. what was really nice was it was not overly crowded. we actually had room to dance. i got to take a picture with him and talk to him for a couple of minutes. really, really nice guy. super talented.

*edit*

i just went to markus' website and it shows under his tour schedule that he will actually be playing in windsor, ontario on april 5th and kool haus in toronto, ontario on april 21st.

nice!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #15
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
how do you feel about markus schulz? i haven't heard any of his mixes lately. he used to be up at the top of my list regarding producers/dj's but i haven't heard much from him in the past few months. he came to dallas last year and we went to see him. it was a really, really great show. what was really nice was it was not overly crowded. we actually had room to dance. i got to take a picture with him and talk to him for a couple of minutes. really, really nice guy. super talented.

*edit*

i just went to markus' website and it shows under his tour schedule that he will actually be playing in windsor, ontario on april 5th and kool haus in toronto, ontario on april 21st.

nice!
Yup. Its an Armada night at Guv/Kool Haus that night. Armin is there as well that night, plus another DJ off his label, forget who though.

2006 WAS Markus Schulz's year. I got profound respect for him after last year. Before, I was never overly impressed by him, found him too proggy and unexciting... but he seemed to transform and just become incredible in 2006. His style changed and he just got better, plain and simple. His set at Guv back in Feb of 06 was prolly the third best set I've ever heard live in my life.

Schulz is definitely another trance dj i still respect and love. if it wasnt so busy here around end of april (its tax season), id prolly attend that night for sure.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:44 PM   #16
SailDesign

Drives: .
Who cares what it's called - if I like it, I play it. From vintage Stones (yeah, I"m that old that I remember it when it was new) to Rusted Root to Paulo Nutini to KT Tunstall and back to 70's Bonnie Raitt, it's all good. Rap, I'm afraid to say, you can keep.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #17
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
KT .
Kenneth Thomas... theres a great DJ really showing his potential right now!
Old 05-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #18
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Taking my Yaris to DEMF (Detroit Electronic Music Festival) in 2 weeks, the American Memorial Day longweekend! Cant wait!!

3 freaking days of pretty much pure techno and minimal!! Noon till Midnight Sat, Sun, and Mon, with after parties running into the wee wee hours of the AM afterward each night (hopefully till the sun comes up)! God this is gonna be so much fun.