Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-24-2014, 06:51 AM   #1
stevens_uk

Drives: Yaris Sport 2014
Yaris 2009 Heater Fascia

Hello, I have recently purchased a 2009 Toyota Yaris, I have installed a new head unit, the colour of the head unit is considerable different to the heating control fascia, does anyone know if I can strip that fascia (the heater) and spray it a similar colour?

I've attached a picture of it to show you what i mean

also would anyone know if a 2010 steering wheel would fit? (since mine is 2009)

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg headunit.jpg (266.4 KB, 154 views)
stevens_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Yes. You can remove the knobs from the heater control panel. With the black vertical pieces removed you simply pull back on the panel to remove it. The controls are inserted into the back of the panel and there are small plastic tabs that hold them in. Just be gentle when releasing them to prevent snapping the frame that the tabs connect to.

For the steering wheel, a 2010 wheel will work fine with your 2009.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
stevens_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Yes. You can remove the knobs from the heater control panel. With the black vertical pieces removed you simply pull back on the panel to remove it. The controls are inserted into the back of the panel and there are small plastic tabs that hold them in. Just be gentle when releasing them to prevent snapping the frame that the tabs connect to.

For the steering wheel, a 2010 wheel will work fine with your 2009.
Cheers CTScott!

I'll get it off over the weekend as have to install an adapter from the cars original radio antenna to the new head unit radio antenna port.

I've posted elsewhere about the lights in this climate control unit, am I able to change the colour of them?
Old 01-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens_uk View Post
Cheers CTScott!

I'll get it off over the weekend as have to install an adapter from the cars original radio antenna to the new head unit radio antenna port.

I've posted elsewhere about the lights in this climate control unit, am I able to change the colour of them?
There are actually both bulbs (like the green one you asked about it that other thread) and LEDs. The bulbs are simple to replace and the green is just a jacket on the bulb, so you can pull it to make it white or you may be able to find LED replacement bulbs in various colors. To get to the LEDs you have to fully disassemble the knobs. There is a really good thread on here that someone posted who did the color change. It shows how to get to the LEDs and what size they are. Try doing some searching for LED, climate, knob, etc. and you should be able to find that thread.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:40 PM   #5
stevens_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
There are actually both bulbs (like the green one you asked about it that other thread) and LEDs. The bulbs are simple to replace and the green is just a jacket on the bulb, so you can pull it to make it white or you may be able to find LED replacement bulbs in various colors. To get to the LEDs you have to fully disassemble the knobs. There is a really good thread on here that someone posted who did the color change. It shows how to get to the LEDs and what size they are. Try doing some searching for LED, climate, knob, etc. and you should be able to find that thread.
Ok thanks, you've been a great help.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:36 AM   #6
stevens_uk

Got my fascia in, replaced the whole panel actually, thanks for the help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1620622_10203074017832599_1016850394_n.jpg (47.9 KB, 109 views)

Last edited by stevens_uk; 03-16-2014 at 08:54 AM.