Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
VirginiaTech Killer...

damn that dude is nuts..
im happy i dont live on campus

wat u guys think about it..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
that is one fcked up guy.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
He is great, fucking crazy, now he is in hell.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:34 PM   #4
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black
That guy needed some help man, poor people man he killed only 32 but you dont know the hundreds he effected with the people that are associated to those people.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
Unknown_Epiphany
First Ever Import

Drives: 2007 Silver Streak Mica Sedan
Only 32?!? A guy who had nothing to lose gunned down 32 innocent people along with himself. What things could those young people have accomplished in their life? Curing cancer, becoming president, or hell even designing the new Yaris. Nobody will ever know now that they are gone.

Hell needs a special place reserved for scum like this.
Unknown_Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #6
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
I really want to know what set off this nutcase. Hope they can figure it out.

Rest assured he's Satan's beatch.

~YR
Old 04-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
This hits quite close to home here fellas and is no joking matter. My best friends mom works in the building next to Norris Hall. I also know many, many alumni as well as current students. I just hope they can piece together this tragedy and shed some facts to help put to rest those parents who lost their sons\daughters.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:55 PM   #8
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Let me piece it together for you. My 21 year old friend (with no gun license mind you) just went to a show last weekend and picked up an AK with a bayonet and an aircraft sight. Yeah, I think I understand what happened... and it makes me sick.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:16 PM   #9
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
It's very sad...but imagine living in Iraq where 'every day' someone who is unhappy with the way things are, does this very thing to his own people. (and that is a very small country compared to the American countries)
Old 04-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #10
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Nuke the Holy Land and if you don't like people and you can't stand your life go find a corner and quietly eliminate yourself. I could care less.

Problems solved.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:20 PM   #11
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
The guns used were purchased completely legally and were sold back in March. This kid had been planning this for a long time. Who only knows what drove him to do such a thing.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #12
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
douchebags...USA is like that....
When I came in usa I got treated like I wasn';t born here n shit...it wasn't a fun experience..my best friend was "ignore"...
im sure lots of you share hte same experience..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:26 AM   #13
ChinoCharles
Banned

Quote:
The guns used were purchased completely legally and were sold back in March.
That is what really scares me.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:59 AM   #14
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
I heard about that on the radio.....thats really sad

Does that happen alot in usa? School Shootings?? ive heard about 4 now
Old 04-18-2007, 09:06 AM   #15
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
I heard about that on the radio.....thats really sad

Does that happen alot in usa? School Shootings?? ive heard about 4 now
Much more often than it ought to. And seems like it just started in the past... what... 10 years? What the hell happened to make people nuts all of a sudden?

Chino, unless you start requiring full psych evaluations for every purchase, I don't think there's a way tell if your customer is going to be a wacko. And even then, I don't think that would weed out the people that are just plain mean and short tempered.

~YR
Old 04-18-2007, 09:07 AM   #16
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
this world is just going to hell in a handbasket, as the saying goes... and it's not going to get any better...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #17
MudBug

Drives: 07 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
That is what really scares me.

Why?

What really scares me is that many of those kids just let themselves me lined up and executed. I don't blame the kids since this is s symptom of something much worse in this country, the lack of spine that has been indoctrinated into our culture.

Why would anybody just allow themselves to be lined up like cattle and shot?

Here's a funny fact, more than 80% of people shot with handguns survive it. Handguns do not blow holes in people that inflict massive damage, They do not kill/stop instantly unless they find a small target that is about 3" wide, running from the top of your head down the length of your torso that makes up your CNS. any shot outside of that area just makes a small hole that blood leaks out of, and the biggest killer is time and lack of medical attention because the person just bleeds out.

The fact that the majority of these kids just rolled themselves up in fear and let him get accurate shots to vital areas, and then held away from the medical attention they needed is what killed them, they had no will to survive, to fighting spirit to confront this bastard and stop him.

It sickens me that our culture has led us down the false path of the Government Savior, that somehow we need to just let the authorities do everything for us. Especially since the cops are always too late, they are just there to collect the evidence. They have no duty to protect you and this has been upheld by many court rulings such as "Warren vs DC". The only person that can protect you is you.

Government can't do anything about people like this guy, there was no way to stop him, he just simply went off. I know, right now on TV they are talking about all the signs that should have been warnings. They are saying that he wrote some "Violent Play" that should have been an indicator that something was wrong. Sure, the play was about a dysfunctional family whose father killed everyone. WTF? Writing this is an indicator of someone that may be a mass killer? Well we better grab up Steven King, Quentin Tarantino and a thousand other writers then, because this stuff gets written all the time.

Guns are not the problem here, it's the fact that we live in a nation of sheep.

There have always been bad people and will always be bad people, and they will always find a way to do their damage.

Oh, and this wasn't the biggest school massacre in U.S. history (Stupid Reporters), this was, and there were no guns involved;

Quote:
Consolidated School of Bath, Bath, Michigan

Wednesday, May 18, 1927

Farmer Andrew Kehoe went out for revenge when his farm mortgage was foreclosed upon and the taxes he was paying went to a new school building. Andrew was the treasurer on the school board, but he quickly became disgruntled and demented when his taxes started going to the school. This morning, he planted dynamite in the school's basement and left the doomed children and school behind. At 9:40 a.m., ten minutes after school had started for the day, school violence became a part of American history. The north wing of the school exploded, killing nearly 40 students and teachers. The fuses in the south wing were smoldering, but timely discovery of the dynamite allowed it to be defused, or else up to 260 students and all the teachers would have died. As parents rushed toward the blast, Andrew drove back into the school yard. He waved over Emory E. Huyk, the school superintendent, then fired a shot into the back seat of his car that was filled with more dynamite. By noon, the two explosions had killed 38 students; two teachers; Emory Huyk, the superintendent; Glenn Smith, the village postmaster; a retired farmer, Nelson McFarhen and the demented Andrew. 58 students and teachers were injured in the blast. The next morning, his wife's body was found in an outbuilding on their farm with her skull crushed. Andrew had dynamited his home, barn and wagon shed, all were still on fire when villagers arrived. Bath is eight miles northeast of Lansing. For statistical purposes, I'm counting this as a middle school.
Link to more details
MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:04 PM   #18
ChinoCharles
Banned

Oh, so our nation's rate of murders and gun violence has nothing to do with the fact that a 21 year old kid with no credentials can go to a gun show and pick up an AK and some hollowpoints. My bad.

I try to keep my politics far from the confines of this car forum, but for the sake of a greater understanding of the topic lets let her rip... this whole situation reminded me of why I have always been a believer in strict gun control. If you're even mildly versed in American history you know why guns will never leave the American cultural landscape. This country was founded on musketballs. However, there is also a serious problem with the availability of guns in this country, both black market and "regulated." For example, why the hell are hollowpoints available to the consumer? I cannot understand facts like this, and I think it is enormously hypocritical to stand by acting like I don't understand things like the events at VT when I am surrounded by people (some idiots) with enormous amounts of firepower. I have met people that I wouldn't feel comfortable driving to the store with for fear of them snapping in the five minutes it takes to get there, and yet you go in their bedroom and it is like Eric Harris's closet. How do these people get guns, and more importantly what the hell has to happen to stop it?

Last edited by ChinoCharles; 04-18-2007 at 02:18 PM.