Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-02-2015, 03:03 AM   #1
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
The Fett Project

Why I haven't been on much in the past year and no updates or mods added to the Yaris

If you want to see the build progress, there are so many pictures that I just don't have to time to post it all over again. Check it out here:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/deriaks-build-50246/

I have been working on this since middle of last year. My first time doing air brushing also. Also this is quite expensive. I have been wanting to do this when I was a teenager and due to peer pressure (being nerdy) back in the 90's was not the "cool thing". I had always put it off. After meeting my soon to be wife back in '09, she introduced me to DragonCon and other different Con's. She was a bit embarrassed to tell me that she liked to dress up for these because I may not be into it, she was wrong. She has been going to DragonCon for 9 years now, this year would be my 5th.

One of her friends is part of the 501st and She made a Chewbacca. Which is amazing by the way as you can see in the pictures. That is Her. I did some research and found thedentedhelmet.com which is a Boba Fett nerd hub where everything from the very last detail damage mark is known and shared. I saw other build threads and thought, I need to at least try.

The going rate for a really good quality suit, not including the jet pack and helmet is around $3,000. You may find $500 up or down depending on the quality. A completed and painted helmet ready to wear runs about $500-$800 depending on who did the mold and the paint job. Crappier paint jobs can get a bit cheaper. Jet pack, haven't seen a completed painted one of good quality less than $700. I have seen $350 on ebay, but it looks like crap.

To build one of these with quality parts.... It's not cheap, it would have to be about $2,000 I have spent over the past year, I have not gotten my jetpack yet. It is currently being molded and hopefully will be here in my hands by Thanksgiving. Then I just need to trim, primer and paint and assemble. Then I can submit to 501st for approval.

Now for some pictures my friends found of me at DragonCon 2015
Old 10-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Im not really in to any of this. But it sure looks like hella fun! Its always good to see peoples passion projects come to fruition with wicked results. That costume looks awesome man!

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Thanks. Is like a car project actually.. Always upgrading to better/accurate parts
Old 10-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #4
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote