Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-27-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
Kramaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Now I Really Can't Decide!!!

Well... I have decided to buy a Yaris in probably 6-12 months. I had already testdrove the Liftback and had my heart set on one, but decided today to take the sedan for a testdrive, just for poops & giggles. Now I can't decide which one I want! Now I am torn between the Yaris S sedan and the liftback! DAMN!!!

The sedan seems more practical for hauling people around and I like the way it looks with the bodykit, wheels, lowered and tint..... sorta like a baby Lexus.

But I also like the way the liftback looks all pimped out.

Any pros and cons of each will be appreciated. I do like the fact that the sedan already has a tach.

This decision will probably be made with a good, old-fashioned coin-toss!
Kramaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:44 AM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
wait for 08 model year LB should have more options to your liking
LB all the way....
Old 05-27-2007, 12:46 AM   #3
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Wow tossing a coin to decide. For me I knew what I wanted before I stepped foot on the lot. Maybe you -should- wait a little while.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:12 AM   #4
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
I agree that the sedan looks good and should be practical in many ways but if you will use your car to carry a big item e.g. a bike or a big screen TV some day, choose the LB.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:17 AM   #5
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
Wow tossing a coin to decide. For me I knew what I wanted before I stepped foot on the lot. Maybe you -should- wait a little while.
no no... a coin toss would be a good choice... so long as it is a double headed coin and you choose LB for heads
Old 05-27-2007, 06:46 AM   #6
falkor_99

Drives: 07 Yaris Blue HB
Send a message via AIM to falkor_99
lb foooo shooooo
falkor_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
I choose the LB because it is primarily my work commute vehicle. I didn't need anything that the Sedan offered. If you are totin extra people the the Sedan is likely more practical for you. If it is just you then the LB is a lot more fun to zip around in and easier to park in tight spaces in my experience.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #8
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
yeah, flip a coin
Old 05-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #9
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
I would only say that there are more goodies available for the LB. Possibly the O8 will have a 4 dr option like Canada. I choose the 2 dr cause IMO it looks better, buy I'm the only one in the car. For passengers I agree 4 dr's may be needed. MPG is similar, and it is a toyota so you won't be dissappointed!!
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:17 PM   #10
petesimac

Drives: Yaris LB
I too could have benefited from the extra two doors and the extra storage space, but the LB IS the Yaris. Take a look at the sedan (and no offense to sedan owners, my brother is getting ready to buy one) from any angle other than from the front, and it's just a sedan. The only thing I like about the sedan, other than the fact that you can get cruise control on it, is the front end; but oh, how much sweeter is the LB's front; it turns heads, big time. As far as space is concerned, with the 60/40 seats set all the way back, the rear leg room in the Yaris hatchback is larger than my 4 door Subaru Forester.

Still, if I had to get a sedan, it would have been the Yaris, but, oh, the LB, what a sweet car. I'm so glad I went with the LB. If you have any doubt about getting the sedan, if you really prefer the looks of the LB, get the LB or you'll regret it in the end. Just my two cents.
petesimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #11
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
The LB stands out, the sedan blends in.

The sedan still looks great, just not as different as the LB.

And yea, the LB "is" the yaris/vitz.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #12
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
so true spkrman!!
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:27 PM   #13
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramaris View Post
Well... I have decided to buy a Yaris in probably 6-12 months. I had already testdrove the Liftback and had my heart set on one, but decided today to take the sedan for a testdrive, just for poops & giggles. Now I can't decide which one I want! Now I am torn between the Yaris S sedan and the liftback! DAMN!!!

The sedan seems more practical for hauling people around and I like the way it looks with the bodykit, wheels, lowered and tint..... sorta like a baby Lexus.

But I also like the way the liftback looks all pimped out.

Any pros and cons of each will be appreciated. I do like the fact that the sedan already has a tach.

This decision will probably be made with a good, old-fashioned coin-toss!
You'll be very surprised what you can put in the back of this little liftback with the seat folded down. Plus the coolness factor just cant be beat.

The sistas just LOVE my car!
Old 05-29-2007, 12:07 AM   #14
eddiegarton
N.O.YarisOwner

Drives: 2007 pac. bl. met. 4 door
As far as I'm concerned, The so called "coolness factor" is the major distraction with the LB. It tries way too hard. The cool shouldn't be the car, it should be what's sittin' in it. It's the eqivelent of plastic spinner caps and TRD Alloy Rims. One says cheap and trendy, the other timeless and practical. Don't get me wrong, I've got love for all Yaris owners, but I'm tired of all the abuse being heaped on the sedan owners, not to mention the fact that the YARIS S is tight as hell.
eddiegarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 AM   #15
petesimac

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiegarton View Post
As far as I'm concerned, The so called "coolness factor" is the major distraction with the LB. It tries way too hard. The cool shouldn't be the car, it should be what's sittin' in it. It's the eqivelent of plastic spinner caps and TRD Alloy Rims. One says cheap and trendy, the other timeless and practical. Don't get me wrong, I've got love for all Yaris owners, but I'm tired of all the abuse being heaped on the sedan owners, not to mention the fact that the YARIS S is tight as hell.
Spoken like a sedan owner !
petesimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:04 AM   #16
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiegarton View Post
... One says cheap and trendy, the other timeless and practical. ...
Seriously?? I think this is out-dated thinking. The hatchback is much more practical than the sedan... easier to fit into parking spots, able to swallow huge cargo with ease. The hatchback has been a staple of European car design for decades, and is by no means "trendy". North America (mostly the States) have been slow to adapt b/c of the old adage "bigger is better". In my year and a half of owning the car, I haven't yet thought Damn, if I owned the sedan this would be easier/better. Maybe if you roadtrip a lot with 3 other people... then +1 for the sedan.

My $0.02.

EDIT: Just want to say that I think the sedan S is also pretty sweet. Oh, and also, the aftermarket support for the sedan just doesn't compare to that for the hatch.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #17
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Sedan pros - has 4 doors, tach, and cruise

Sedan cons - looks pretty much like any other sedan

LB pros - hatchback offers the utility of a small minivan, rock star-like charisma

LB cons - doesn't have 4 doors, tach, or cruise

I've driven both and I much prefer the LB, but I'm waiting for the '08 to come out to see if it'll have more options available (like a tach and cruise).
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:18 PM   #18
Carvin'07
Selling all mods

Drives: '07 Bayou Blue - totally stock
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
... As far as space is concerned, with the 60/40 seats set all the way back, the rear leg room in the Yaris hatchback is larger than my 4 door Subaru Forester.
Agree 100%...it is much larger in the rear seat legroom dept compared to our Legacy wagon as well.

LB ALL THE WAY
Carvin'07 is offline   Reply With Quote