Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-05-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Porsche Boxter or S?

Hi Everybody
I would like everyone an info on how Porsche Boxter or S doing? anyone had any experiences with Porsche before?
Thing is i'm planning to get one in the next couple months probably used one. And it's for weekend pleasure, my yaris is everyday commute and best for works now.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Do you mean the Cayman S? I thought that was a new model.

The owner of company I work for bought 911 Carrera 4 cabrio a couple months ago, and it is quicker than greased eel shit!

A friend of a friend bought a used 928 a year or so ago and I hear he is very happy with it, it was not that expensive at all. Repairs are his only concern, but at least there is a Porsche dealer in town.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
rdubs

Drives: Charger SRT-8
My rich ass boss has one (regular boxter). it is ok, but if you have the extra $$$, go with the boxter S
rdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #4
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
I've heard there have been disappointments with the Boxster given the price, but couldn't say what wasn't to like.

~YR
Old 07-05-2007, 09:00 PM   #5
RodimusPrime

Drives: 1998 Intrepid
Boxster S is a phenomenal vehicle. The suspension is precise and exact and the powertrain propels the automobile with a heavy kick in the pants.

No Porsche I have ever driven or even road in has ever disappointed me. Check out Porsche's website. There are videos with detailed descriptions of ever aspect of the Boxster and their entire lineup at that.

Honestly though, I would splurge for the Cayman S. The Cayman is my second favorite late model Porsche.First is the Porsche GT3, and my all time favorite is the air-cooled '87 911 Turbo.

Oh, And though I drive a Dodge and am buying a Yaris my background in Porsche comes from my grandfather. I grew up with them in my family. He own's an original restored 550 Spyder. Along with a few others.

Check out http://www.caymanclub.net/
RodimusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #6
antfeldsch

Drives: yaris
My dad just bought a 2007 Cayman S and loves it. I drove it and it awsome.
antfeldsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #7
rage2

Drives: 07 Black Yaris 5D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge View Post
I've heard there have been disappointments with the Boxster given the price, but couldn't say what wasn't to like.
Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusPrime View Post
No Porsche I have ever driven or even road in has ever disappointed me.
Until you factor in price. As cool as the Boxsters are, for the money, you can get way better cars that gives you a bigger rush driving 'em hard. I've driven 'em all, from my old 944 turbo to the new GT3. The RWD cars are by far way more fun. The AWD cars (except turbo) has way too much traction for the power levels making the experience very numb and boring.

My favorite is the GT2 hehe. I used to be a Porsche guy and got out before it was too late hehe.
My Site - Beyond Car Forums
rage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:26 AM   #8
RodimusPrime

Drives: 1998 Intrepid
[QUOTE=rage2;106951
Until you factor in price.[/QUOTE]

But if price is your only reason for why this is then you shouldn't be driving a Porsche. There are a lot more faster cars for lots cheaper, but are they Porsche? Far from it in every factor. There's that prestige along with the balanced levels of power, handling, and luxury that only Porsche can bring. If you want a simple fast car, don't drive a Porsche. Drive a Porsche for every aspect of motoring; speed, style, grace, intelligence, etc...
RodimusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:23 AM   #9
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
just don't forget a "My other car is a Yaris" bumper sticker, or ppl will think you're compensating for something

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote