Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-12-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
JosephDoc

Drives: 07 Yaris 3D
Exhaust one brand to another

Another friend of mine just got his LB and now looking for an exhaust. He saw my Tanabe M/T and decided to have the same pipe... but I really don't want him to have the same one. Not because I don't like mine, but I just don't feel too good that a close friend has same thing I have. (will you feel the same way?)

OK, so my question is, if you want to suggest another buddy for new aftermarket exhaust on the same LB car, what will you suggest? Or, if your friend wants to buy your exhaust, what will you get next? Please let me know what you have now, and what you wish to get next. I think no one likes loud pipes, and no one likes ugly one.

Me.... Now Tanabe M/T, and wish for TRD one.

Thanks for your feedback.
JosephDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:32 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
It'd be cool to have "brother" yarii, I guess, modified in the same way, but if you don't like that, why not get yourself that TRD one you like, and sell the Tanabe to him?

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
JosephDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
It'd be cool to have "brother" yarii, I guess, modified in the same way, but if you don't like that, why not get yourself that TRD one you like, and sell the Tanabe to him?
Hihi eTiMaGo!!
Hmm.. I never want to see another same car like mine on the street. I know it is not possible but I am trying to see if I've missed some good exhausts.

That is exactly my plan and he does not mind also since my car is only about 1,000 miles and the Tanabe M/T has only about 400 miles since I had it installed.

I just want to know if someone has a slicker look and better sounding exhaust besides Tanabe, TRD, and Borla. There are more than 20 sets I see in HyperRev#108, but I think there are only 5+ is avaliable in USA. It seems everyone has some different views about what they have (I have been reading just about every exhaust posts here). So I set up this... "if you can pick the exhaust again" post.

What do you have now? What would you like to replace with?

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I have an HKS Hi-Power exhaust, it looks pretty nice but it rather noisy. I would actually consider it swapping it for a Fujitsubo at some point in the future, it's supposed to be one of the quietest aftermarket exhausts, from what I understand

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 07-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #5
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
TRD all the way
nqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #6
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
Wow...You make it sound more like it's a sibling rivalry than a friend thing. So what you are saying is...It's TO GOOD for his car/him? Or he is not worth sharing your thoughts and ideas.....Geeeshhhhhh....

Who gives a flying fig newton. What happens when you do see a car with the same mods as yours? Maybe an appearance on Judge Judy? "Judgey Wudgey....I, I, I was driving to the store and this guy has a car the same color as mine, with the same 4 wheels as mine and the same pine tree air freshener as me" .

Oh brother, What about the magazine layout you saw where a mod caught your eye? Where did you get the idea for the exhaust you have now? You need to get ahold of Toyota and put the nix on any other cars rolling off the line with your color, call all the aftermarket companies and tell them to lock up cause you bought the only widget you want to see on the road.

Sound silly? You need to reread your post if you want silly. There is a difference between what you want. Might as well put a Hitler sticker on your car ( Hey!!! bet no one has one of those?!).

I'd be flattered and helpful to assist in someones quest to make their car "special" to them. Look at all the posts where everyone has bought the SharkFin Antenna. Should everyone after the first guy who bought one peel theirs off and toss it in the trash? Look at Brick...He has suggested what type of wheel and tire combo would look on another's car. It was the same that was on his.

You want exclusive individuality? Find a nice cave for you and your one of a kind Yaris and have fun.

Oh Boy!!!

Chuck

Chuck
Meteorite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #7
JosephDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorite Man View Post
Wow...You make it sound more like it's a sibling rivalry than a friend thing. So what you are saying is...It's TO GOOD for his car/him? Or he is not worth sharing your thoughts and ideas.....Geeeshhhhhh....

Who gives a flying fig newton. What happens when you do see a car with the same mods as yours? Maybe an appearance on Judge Judy? "Judgey Wudgey....I, I, I was driving to the store and this guy has a car the same color as mine, with the same 4 wheels as mine and the same pine tree air freshener as me" .

Oh brother, What about the magazine layout you saw where a mod caught your eye? Where did you get the idea for the exhaust you have now? You need to get ahold of Toyota and put the nix on any other cars rolling off the line with your color, call all the aftermarket companies and tell them to lock up cause you bought the only widget you want to see on the road.

Sound silly? You need to reread your post if you want silly. There is a difference between what you want. Might as well put a Hitler sticker on your car ( Hey!!! bet no one has one of those?!).

I'd be flattered and helpful to assist in someones quest to make their car "special" to them. Look at all the posts where everyone has bought the SharkFin Antenna. Should everyone after the first guy who bought one peel theirs off and toss it in the trash? Look at Brick...He has suggested what type of wheel and tire combo would look on another's car. It was the same that was on his.

You want exclusive individuality? Find a nice cave for you and your one of a kind Yaris and have fun.

Oh Boy!!!

Chuck
You sound like had some TNT for meal before writting this. I like the way you say about me. LOLOL. Don't get me wrong please. I just want to make sure me and my pal know our selections before picking up another piece of eye-candy.

In HyperRev#108, I see at least 20 sets of pipes but so far our site covers up about 5. I prolly understand cuz those 5 sets are available to be easily reached from supplier in north america.

Relax bro, we are in a blog to share opinion but not to judge like the court show in TV.

So, please me know what exhaust will you get.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephDoc View Post
In HyperRev#108, I see at least 20 sets of pipes but so far our site covers up about 5. I prolly understand cuz those 5 sets are available to be easily reached from supplier in north america.
Keep in mind many of those in that book are designed for the first-generation Vitz (NCP10), not ours

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 07-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #9
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I have the TRD myself and I must say it sounds great.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:01 AM   #10
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

Drives: 2007 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to sdmf
fujitsubo if i had the cash, i just purchased a tanabe tm, it comes in 2mrw, doesnt rs*r have one for the ncp91, its on their website but no one talks of it, is it for scions only? i would have gotten the trd one if it did not melt the bumper or forced to get the longer hangers

Strength - Determination - Merciless - Forever
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #11
Pavel Olavich
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephDoc View Post
Another friend of mine just got his LB and now looking for an exhaust. He saw my Tanabe M/T and decided to have the same pipe... but I really don't want him to have the same one. Not because I don't like mine, but I just don't feel too good that a close friend has same thing I have. (will you feel the same way?)

OK, so my question is, if you want to suggest another buddy for new aftermarket exhaust on the same LB car, what will you suggest? Or, if your friend wants to buy your exhaust, what will you get next? Please let me know what you have now, and what you wish to get next. I think no one likes loud pipes, and no one likes ugly one.

Me.... Now Tanabe M/T, and wish for TRD one.

Thanks for your feedback.

What is this? Jr. High School? How immature, stupid and petty!

Grow Up Boy!
Pavel Olavich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:53 PM   #12
JosephDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Keep in mind many of those in that book are designed for the first-generation Vitz (NCP10), not ours
Oh yeah, you bet I actually counted... For NCP91, yup just about 20 sets. Sum up the NCP10 also, the number is about 50.. lol. Some brands are small and has nice slick look, but do not look like they will do international inquiry. You know.. JDM parts..
Old 07-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #13
JosephDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Olavich View Post
What is this? Jr. High School? How immature, stupid and petty!

Grow Up Boy!
I hate to fight talk over blogs. A question is a question. Feedback if you can chip in your 2-cents, and stay out if you want to don't want to share.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #14
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
You should let him mod his car to look exactly like yours. That way when the bad people come looking for you, there's a 50/50 chance they'll find him instead.
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #15
JosephDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueYaris View Post
You should let him mod his car to look exactly like yours. That way when the bad people come looking for you, there's a 50/50 chance they'll find him instead.
LOL... thx. I love the idea. Now you just give me one more option to make his car blinger than mine so I tweak less damage chance on mine... 10 on mine, 90 on his.

Last edited by JosephDoc; 07-14-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:53 PM   #16
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Ok if the guy wants individuality.....then let him. I agree for unique-ness that my boy Joseph is going after. I mean...couple years from now seeing the same colored Yaris and the same parts added to the majority of Yaris in the world ruins the entertainment factor out of tuning cars....
Unique-ness is good. Look at most of the GM car designs...they look pretty damn similar inside and out if not most of them. And the German and Japanese makers go w/ a unique style...so stop being immature and go beyond imagination....(if you guys got any, that is...)

If i could afford an exhaunst right now...I would go w/ the fujitsubo....and if you dont mind getting pulled over by the racists cops in Milpitas, get the HKS exhaust.

The GT spec one for the WRX STi is nice too for setting off alarms in college parkings garages, but a big no no when cops are nearby.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:56 PM   #17
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
I ahve been searching/listening here and via utube. I really like the sportvitz exhaust, but there are none left in North Amer. I sounded really good. I want an exhaust that performs well, but doesn't ttry to hard if you know what I mean.
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote