Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-04-2007, 03:45 AM   #1
newcarsmell
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Blue Yaris Liftback
Just bought my Yaris, was I ripped off?

Alright I just bought my 2007 Blue Liftback Yaris with Automatic transmission, the CD player stuff and the floor mats with no other options really. I ended up getting it for 13,490 OTD after a heated argument with a worker at the location. Is 13,490 OTD, I think it was 12,200ish for it before taxes + other charges, a good/solid/bad deal? I didn't buy any of the extras with the finance managers either.
newcarsmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:19 AM   #2
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
I too felt raped with paying MSRP. I DID get the warranty from the finance manager, and paid a $495 dealer fee without even getting free registration ($225). I went to several dealership, and they are all crooks, all serving lies and bullshit about availability, options, prices etc.

Even without "any options", it still came with convenience package and cold weather package, right? Then MSRP is $13,450, and average edmunds.com price people are paying is $13,129. Add taxes, registration and dealer fee, OTD will easily be over $14K.

12.2 before the crap charges, sounds like below invoice.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #3
landrym28
3,300+ at one point.. >:(

Drives: 2010 Hatchback RS
Send a message via MSN to landrym28
Well, I think the MSRP price is usually for standard transmission. If you wanted an automatic, it's probably roughly an extra $1000 right off the bat.
landrym28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
derrick452

Drives: Yaris
How can you feel at all like you got a bad deal when the total markup in the car is only about $600? The salesperson has to feed his family. The dealership has to pay their expenses as well. If anyone is griping about paying sticker for this car, they need to rethink just how good of a car they got for such a good price.
derrick452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
The Liftbacks are a hot item right now Soo don't expect to pay much less than sticker anyway ,The dealers can't keep them on the lot .....
2007 2 door hatchback in Black Sand Pearl, A/T,rear spoiler,front & rear JDM badges,TRD CAI,TRD rear sway bar,exhaust tip,sill protectors,heximats,under dash blue LED's,short rubber ant,rear bumper protector,Toyota thin 7 spoke alloy wheels,pwr pkg,ABS,side curtain airbags,rear defogger,fog lights,mud guards,TYC tail lights,shift knob,tint all windows,security sys,keyless entry,clear paint protection all exposed front surfaces,TRD fuel cap,rubber dash & g/b mats
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
WindUpToy

Drives: Tacoma Xrunner
i got my power package lift back for about 13 and some change.
WindUpToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:48 PM   #7
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by swidd View Post
I too felt raped with paying MSRP.

hmm i seriously doubt you know what it's like to be raped.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:02 PM   #8
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryberry View Post
hmm i seriously doubt you know what it's like to be raped.

I felt raped when I hit 30 and had my physical...does that count?

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #9
sherryberry

Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
no.. not really. i won't go into this sensitive matter but to compare being raped to buying a car just irks me the wrong way.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:49 PM   #10
redduck

Drives: Yaris
way too be over sensitive to a common phrase.
redduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #11
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
you don't have to do that at 30 do you??

no I'm not ready for that, ew
Old 09-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #12
sherryberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
way too be over sensitive to a common phrase.
excuse me, but if you were in my shoes you'd understand why I say what I do. and it's not just a phrase. it demeans what rape really is.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
sherryberry

btw, to the op, I paid about 13,724 before taxes for power package, convenience package, and that weather package. Your price isn't too bad but I'd think that dealers would try to please you cuz they're trying to get rid of their '07 inventory in time for the '08 models.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #14
CF-Shane

Drives: 1993 Toyota Terecel 2 door
Send a message via AIM to CF-Shane Send a message via Yahoo to CF-Shane
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryberry View Post
excuse me, but if you were in my shoes you'd understand why I say what I do. and it's not just a phrase. it demeans what rape really is.

No kidding. I'm starting to think that the majority of male members here is drastically girl-dumb based on what I've seen over several threads.
CF-Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:21 PM   #15
Angry Andy
angryandy.net

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5-dr black HB
Send a message via AIM to Angry Andy Send a message via MSN to Angry Andy
A car in very high demand in the lowest pricing bracket yields very little "wiggle room" for price haggling.
Angry Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #16
QTvDWGbziqGjbkb
Novaton

Drives: Vitz 3 Doors Gray Metallic
Send a message via ICQ to QTvDWGbziqGjbkb Send a message via Yahoo to QTvDWGbziqGjbkb
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcarsmell View Post
Alright I just bought my 2007 Blue Liftback Yaris with Automatic transmission, the CD player stuff and the floor mats with no other options really. I ended up getting it for 13,490 OTD after a heated argument with a worker at the location. Is 13,490 OTD, I think it was 12,200ish for it before taxes + other charges, a good/solid/bad deal? I didn't buy any of the extras with the finance managers either.
i got mine a month after the vitz went on sale 4 almost the same. with the full package. everything electric, mats, mp3, at, etc.

next time u probably wanna call 'consumer reports' @ 1 800 269 1139 or go to https://ec.consumerreports.org/ec/aps/order.htm & get a New Car Price Report, it contains the price than dealers paid to the manufacturer or rebates than sometimes dealers don't disclose. u even get a recommended price to start negotiations with the salesman; never this being the one they announce (btw u have 2 pay $15 4 it; i guess). if u r trading in dont say it after u get the desired price on the new car. salesmen do this for a living, so if they dont cooperate with u go to other dealer somebody has to be willing to sale at ur therms.

bottom line: IMHO= the salesman did his homework & u probably didnt, but dont get discouraged 4 that; enjoy ur vitz or belta 'cuz it s a slick ride; nice looking n easy on the wallet (include gas-money).

CONGRATS! on ur new purchase <\;-)
QTvDWGbziqGjbkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:01 PM   #17
joe keeney

Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
Everyone like a good deal. You got it when you got a toyota. Avoid the crap call and say bring it to me.
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:08 PM   #18
Goalie

Drives: 07 LB, PP, CP, AWP, 5spd-Black
Here in MN there was a 07 LB with asking price of over 16K on Car Soup. That was used!! The supply/Demand thing is really playing out here. I got an 06 Camry when the 07's came out. Got if for a song. There were 6 XLE's on the lot exactly the same. (There was a body style change too) but in the Yaris, I tried to haggle and they just looked at me funny as I was pecking them for over 3 weeks for a LB,.... any LB. Got a stick loaded up as a quirk in some other deal. More stuff than I hoped for.

Got mine with the 6 year/100K extended warranty and was like 15,100K and change. Here was my "deal". No secrets here. Just plain numbers.

12,750 Car (07LB, PP, Convience, All weather, 5 speed)
828.75 Taxes
50.00 Document Fee
8.00 Title
45.00 Transfer Plates
1450.00 Extended warranty bumper to bumper

15,131.75 GRAND TOTAL.

You did not get screwed, you bought a NEW car that is in high demand with little supply at MSRP.

Smile, you are probably the only one on the block with one.
Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote