Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
regal

Drives: 09 Yaris 3 Dr White LB
Handling vs EG Civic

I am asking a lot of questions because $12k is a lot of money to spend and when I buy a car I keep it for at least 15 years. Its a big commitment.

After 15 years I have to get a new car. My 93 Civic is lowered with a Koni suspension and 15" alloy wheels. I live in a hilly area with very curvy roads. The civic just cuts thru the turns and handles like a dream. I am the type of driver that will take a car to its limits not in 150 mph straight aways, but I like 40 mph sharp bends. I have been known to go into the ditch with a car that doesn't grip and handle properly. I grew up on BMW's but they have way to many quality issues so I switched to Honda.

Unfortuantely Honda no longer makes a light (2200 lb) 2-door. So I have been studying the Yaris. Lowered a little with Koni springs/shocks I would imagine the Yaris could be a good handling car, or would I be dissapointed coming from a wishbone car?
regal is offline   Reply With Quote