Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #17
Happy Little Pony
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 83
The warranty requires you to do it at 5000 miles. That's conservative and a good target. Modern oils are generally good for much more than that. If you change it that frequently conventional oils are fine, synthetic a waste of money. As far as brand, just about any will do, as long as it is the correct grade and meets today's API standards. Check your owner's manual.

For what it's worth, the only other car I ever bought brand new (besides my Yaris) got 4 month or 4000 miles oil changes, but that was only because if I planned on doing it at four, but procrastinated, I would still usually have it done by 5 months or 5 thousand miles. That car made it 230,000 miles before I got rid of it. I'm doing the same with my Yaris.
Happy Little Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Planning first oil change @ 500 or 1000mi schleppy DIY / Maintenance / Service 39 07-09-2010 06:28 AM
$86.44 for oil change? I feel screwed behour General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 98 01-04-2010 07:10 PM
service maintance light io3 Yaris TS Talk 11 09-22-2009 03:03 PM
First DIY oil change but... derickveliz2 DIY / Maintenance / Service 31 02-02-2009 11:36 AM
Oil and Filter Change jonr0613 DIY / Maintenance / Service 6 02-10-2007 07:12 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.