Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #24
fmicle
 
fmicle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
You guys are acting like an oil change is detrimental to an engine.

I still maintain that spending an additional $30-$40 a year to protect your investmernt is prudent.
What are you guys afraid of?

The OP wated to know about their "first" oil change. What are your words of wisdom about that?
Not at all, oil changes at 3k miles are only detrimental to your wallet and we're saying 5k is just as good. The only thing I argue with is people telling me changing at 5k is going to kill my engine faster. I don't buy that

Yes, of course changing at 3k is better than 5k, heck I say changing oil whenever you refuel is better than at 3k, but it's overkill

The oil industry (and I mean that litterally) will thank you for it
__________________
5% Tint Rear | Micro Image LED Ignition Light Kit
fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Planning first oil change @ 500 or 1000mi schleppy DIY / Maintenance / Service 39 07-09-2010 06:28 AM
$86.44 for oil change? I feel screwed behour General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 98 01-04-2010 07:10 PM
service maintance light io3 Yaris TS Talk 11 09-22-2009 03:03 PM
First DIY oil change but... derickveliz2 DIY / Maintenance / Service 31 02-02-2009 11:36 AM
Oil and Filter Change jonr0613 DIY / Maintenance / Service 6 02-10-2007 07:12 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.